Have you been fooled by a villager's name?

Buster Bunny

Bells
At first when I read the name Muffy, I thought it was a dog villager because of a series of t-shirts featuring a dog with the same name.

Got kinda disappointed to learn she was actually a black sheep who got transfered to another town few days after I kicked her out.

When I heard about the returning Welcome Amiibo villagers, I got momentarily excited thinking that Weber would be some sort of spider-themed animal (or perhaps even a spider). Since New Leaf is my first AC game, I had no idea what to expect from the old villagers. I was disappointed to find out he's a duck. But then I realized ducks have webbed feet, then I made the connection. :p

When I hear of Cleo I thought she'd be an Egyptian themed villager kinda like ankha but turns out she's a purple horse we kawaii eyes..

personally I never understood that necessity to have different names for each country in my game Marshall is called Scott too
I think they should have done like with pokemon with the same international names for all

Last edited:
I thought Crackle was a new villager, (I got fooled by it when someone misspelled his European name as "Cracker") But it turns out it was Spork's European the whole time.

And when I saw the 50 returning villager's name during the update direct, I was unaware of the E+ English names. So I wasn't sure if Raddle was gonna make it in. But when I looked up the updated amiibo card site, it turns out Raddle was that villager I've been hoping to return since 2013. Which was weird, because 2016 was the year I predicted he was going to come back from a new Animal Crossing game.

I got excited when I saw the name Cheri moving in, thinking it was the uchi dog Cherry. Turned out she was a cub and was pretty disappointed. Also when I first read the name Marshal I thought he was going to be some kind of duck because ducks tend to live in marshes and ponds.

I got excited when I saw the name Cheri moving in, thinking it was the uchi dog Cherry. Turned out she was a cub and was pretty disappointed. Also when I first read the name Marshal I thought he was going to be some kind of duck because ducks tend to live in marshes and ponds.

Omg I wish I had cherry's card instead of Cheri! Cheri looks really bad in my opinion :(

Last edited:
Omg I wish I had cherry's cases instead of Cheri! Cheri looks really bad in my opinion :(

I agree, Cheri does look quite bad D: I'm really glad to have moved her out as soon as I could

I agree, Cheri does look quite bad D: I'm really glad to have moved her out as soon as I could

Cherry must have a low chance of spawning in your town! I've gotten every uchi besides her D:
Cheri the evil cub.

I get tammy and tammi mixed up a lot.
I also keep thinking that tammi is shari for some reason?

Back