Harvest Moon: Animal Parade!

Out of all the HM games I've played so far, Animal Parade was my favorite! I love the farming and mining in it, and my favorite Bachelor of all time has been the Wizard! I wish we'd get another male magical character again. It's a shame that he's been the only one so far. The art style of the game was super cute too!

Hope to find Animal Parade in my mailbox tomorrow after work! Would like to get some playtime in before Story of Seasons comes out!

This. 100%. I finally got around to doing a New Game+ with a male character, as my last run was with Molly and I married Luke. I had such a good time with my first playthrough, I actually held off on starting over as I had grown so attached to Luke and his kids!

I know that feeling! As much as I want to play more files with different bachelors and such, I keep going back to my original game because I'm really attached to everything in it. Hahaha. Plus it's great having lots of money and lots of stuff. LOL

I have never played Harvest Moon: Animal Parade? What is the game like?

I think that the Harvest Moon series should have amiibo support personally. ;)

Well, the answer to that question depends on whether you're familiar with Harvest Moon games or not. At its base, it's a farming simulator game, but basically they attach a whole life to it, so you also befriend villagers, court potential marriage candidates, have children, do all sorts of other things aside from farming like raising animals, cooking, fishing, mining, random events, festivals, and a main storyline, as well. Some things I love about AP in particular are the story and the fact that they have other people get married and have kids (the bachelor/ettes that you DON'T choose), and it's just... really fun and relaxing, in my opinion.

Haha, I don't see them having amiibo support for HM games, but in the future... who knows! Stranger things have happened.

Drat, nothing in the mail today. Fingers crossed in hopes of finding Animal Parade in my mailbox on Monday! ^.^

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you want a good idea of what Animal Parade is like why don't you check out the OP's let's play on YouTube? Here's a link: https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt7Q2Sv-lveXCYlTUpG29B83USroBcNN_

I've watched quite a bit of it myself and loved it so I ended up ordering a copy for myself. :)

Aww, that's really sweet of you to put that out there! Thank you. : ) I'm glad that you liked it!

I just thought of one pet peeve I had with Animal Parade, though. The only one. Why couldn't we mill in bulk? Who wants to spend twenty minutes processing their salt and wheat piece by piece? Not me. Eventually I just shipped it off as-is. Honestly it's the only thing I didn't like about the game. Everything else was so charming and relaxing.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if Story of Seasons will let us mill in bulk?

Yeah, I agree. I wish they had allowed you to do that in bulk. It was pretty annoying, especially in winter when I would make a lot of buckwheat flour to sell. But every game has places where they fall short, so all in all, it's a little bump in the road that I can take in comparison to the bigger picture. As for SoS... I have no idea about that. I think ANB let you, so I'd imagine you can.

Okay, I caved and started playing Animal Parade yesterday. I love this game already, it's so well done. The town layout is awesome and everything looks beautiful. (I'm sort of ignoring previous posts so I don't ruin parts of the game for me)

While I have just started, I do have a pet peeve. I really wish it didn't tell me where I was EVERY SINGLE TIME I visited a different area. Like I KNOW I'm in Harmonica Town for the 50th time today! I wish I could turn that feature off.

And does anyone else want to award Dale the "Worst Father of the Year Award"!? He's locked Fugue Forest, and when you go and ask him for the key he's like, "Yeah I locked it. It's a dangerous place. But if your hearts set on getting in, I'll give you the key. Oh btw, my son has been in there for a while so if you see him, tell him to come home!"
You locked your son in there and then wonder why you haven't seen him??

One thing I seriously love about this game already, as a girl player, is how manly some of the bachelors are. They finally made some masculine dudes and gave them some muscle! Owen and Calvin are such hunks! I love that :)
I'm definitely looking into marrying Owen, Calvin, or Luke at this point. I haven't even finished my first Spring season yet, and I love this game already!

I'm glad that you're enjoying it so far! : ) I'll be careful not to spoil anything for you. Hehe. And that was my one pet peeve for the most part, too. The loading screens in-between got a little old really fast. But I guess they wanted to spruce up the loading screens with something other than just a black screen. lol Or that's what I figured, anyway.

As for Dale, yeah, I remember making a comment about that in my LP. XD He wasn't even mildly concerned about his missing son and casually locks him in the forest. Epic fail. (Not that Luke honestly seemed to mind in the slightest.)

I definitely agree about the bachelors! I was really happy with the array they had of not only personalities, but as you said, even the body types and the supposed "ages" of them. (Calvin always strikes me as being fairly older than the other ones.) It was really cool of them to put a lot of options in there without just having them all be a bunch of pretty boys or something. And you can eventually woo the Harvest King/Harvest Goddess in AP, too, which was another neat feature.

Anyway, really glad to hear that you're enjoying it and I hope you continue to! If you ever need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask. : ) Seems like a fair number of us here have played the game and know a bit about it.

Out of all the HM games I've played so far, Animal Parade was my favorite! I love the farming and mining in it, and my favorite Bachelor of all time has been the Wizard! I wish we'd get another male magical character again. It's a shame that he's been the only one so far. The art style of the game was super cute too!

Same for me! It really has a charm and replay value that just trumps all other Harvest Moon games for me so far. I mean, sure, I played ANB for a long time when I first got the game, but then I just kind of put it down and didn't feel the need to pick it back up. Yet I'm ALWAYS going back to AP for more. XD I agree that Wizard is great, too! Plus, if you marry him, all the other characters get married, which is cool. : ) I definitely liked the art style, too!

Hope to find Animal Parade in my mailbox tomorrow after work! Would like to get some playtime in before Story of Seasons comes out!

Here's to hoping! If it comes, do enjoy it! : )

Ive been really wanting to play this, but I hadnt heard anything about it or if I had people told me it was a horrible game. But I think the latter was because those people didnt like the Harvest Moon series. I honestly havent played since the Harvest Moon DS game came out years ago :p

I loved Animal Parade! Although that and Harvest Moon DS are the only Harvest Moon games I've ever played, they're both pretty great. I barely even knew about the existence of Harvest Moon 3DS games because I didn't hear much discussion about them.

Ive never played this game - is it good? Im getting a new DS and I want to buy some games for it, and I was thinking Majors Mask and/or this game. Any other recommendations would be cool!

No Animal Parade in the mail today oh well... Now watch me get it tomorrow now that I have to work and Story of Seasons comes out the same day lol. xD It'll still be exciting whenever I get it though.

Ive never played this game - is it good? Im getting a new DS and I want to buy some games for it, and I was thinking Majors Mask and/or this game. Any other recommendations would be cool!

Animal Parade is for the Wii! If you have a Wii, you should get this game!
But if you're just looking for 3DS games, Majora's Mask would be good. It's a really difficult game of you compare it to Harvest Moon. If you wanted to try a Harvest Moon game, A New Beginning would be a good one :)

Animal Parade is for the Wii! If you have a Wii, you should get this game!
But if you're just looking for 3DS games, Majora's Mask would be good. It's a really difficult game of you compare it to Harvest Moon. If you wanted to try a Harvest Moon game, A New Beginning would be a good one :)

Don't forget you can still play Wii games on a Wii U as well, as I know some people don't own an original Wii and don't realize that they can play old Wii games on Wii U. I have both but personally prefer to play them on Wii U despite the longer load up time due to having to switch modes. Getting to use the Gamepad when it's late at night or the TV is in use to play my old Wii favourites is a nice touch. ^.^ I'll be playing Animal Parade on my Wii U once it arrives. :)

Ok guys I finally got Animal Parade today yay! xD I figured I'd probably get it the day SOS came out lol. Thankfully I can play Animal Parade while I wait for SOS (downloading from the eshop and my internet is super slow). I think I've been more excited for Animal Parade though honestly. ^.^

Ok guys I finally got Animal Parade today yay! xD I figured I'd probably get it the day SOS came out lol. Thankfully I can play Animal Parade while I wait for SOS (downloading from the eshop and my internet is super slow). I think I've been more excited for Animal Parade though honestly. ^.^

Hooray! It's about time! Haha I'm glad your game finally came in, and just in time!
I also recently started playing Animal Parade and it's great! I bet you'll enjoy it :)

It took me so long to get ahold of this game. The nearest physical copy was in a different state. I had to go to eBay to get one.

But, it was well worth it. Of all the Harvest Moon games, I really enjoyed the detail in this one, and the characters. I don't know if I would call it my favorite in the series, but I definitely loved it. I was courting the Wizard. If I were playing as a male character, I'd probably have gone after the Witch. I just like the special characters.

One thing I struggled with was the strange way the camera functioned in the game. It was never under the player's control. I also thought the storyline was easy. Good, but easy. It was over within my first year. I guess that's why they put in the Circus animals (for another big goal), but I guess I expected the storyline to take up more of the story. Like, for A New Beginning, I'm at the end of year 1 and there's SO much left for me to unlock and do. I know that Animal Parade had a lot to do, but it wasn't like you'd get to year 2 and still have a lot left to do.

But otherwise, the town and characters were memorable. I liked the gameplay; the mining system was particularly fun, though difficult. I also think the refining system was more realistic and added a level of difficulty to mining.

Just rang the Red bell! Yay! ^.^ I also tried out the second Wii Mote "rubbing" thing to help increase friendship. It sure is a weird feature.

I miss this thread being active!

I played Animal Parade pretty much all day the last couple of days (yay college life) and I got Luke and Owen at 6 hearts where they send you their "love letters". And basically after 6 hearts you have to decide which one you want to stay with and pretty much drop the other guy. I originally thought I would just drop Owen and marry Luke, but after Owen's date and getting his letter, I didn't feel that way anymore x( I still wanted to marry Luke, but now I really wanted to marry Owen. Since I couldn't decide on hurting either of them, I saved my file on 2 slots before I made my choice so now I can marry both of them! :)

After I did that, I kept playing my Luke file and now I'm married to Luke in the autumn of my first year! I also have the red, yellow, and blue bells rung but I'll have to wait until the summer for the cornmeal to ring the green bell, and that's almost a year away. I'll probably take this time now to go back to my second file and work towards marrying Owen. Then I'm not sure what I'll do from there :p

I miss this thread being active!

I played Animal Parade pretty much all day the last couple of days (yay college life) and I got Luke and Owen at 6 hearts where they send you their "love letters". And basically after 6 hearts you have to decide which one you want to stay with and pretty much drop the other guy. I originally thought I would just drop Owen and marry Luke, but after Owen's date and getting his letter, I didn't feel that way anymore x( I still wanted to marry Luke, but now I really wanted to marry Owen. Since I couldn't decide on hurting either of them, I saved my file on 2 slots before I made my choice so now I can marry both of them! :)

After I did that, I kept playing my Luke file and now I'm married to Luke in the autumn of my first year! I also have the red, yellow, and blue bells rung but I'll have to wait until the summer for the cornmeal to ring the green bell, and that's almost a year away. I'll probably take this time now to go back to my second file and work towards marrying Owen. Then I'm not sure what I'll do from there :p

i married luke in my first tot file, and he is great! the child is adorable too :) i was never really interested in owen, but let us know how your second file goes! (toby ftw)

Back