• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Happy Home Designer - Frequently Asked Questions (Got a question? Look here!)

You keep the overall ratings but not the ratings on the design if that makes sense.

Say you have

as your total and your design has

and you delete it, your total would still be

but the reupload of the design is all 0. I reuploaded my cat cafe after changing something and the total score stayed the same but of course the new design was reset to zero. so basically the ratings dont disappear they just arnt tied to anything if that makes sense.

You keep the overall ratings but not the ratings on the design if that makes sense.

basically the ratings dont disappear they just arnt tied to anything if that makes sense.

That's awesome news! Vanity was preventing me from yanking a couple of designs, 'cos when you don't have a ton of ratings even just one rating on a house is a big deal, but I might just yank away (as it were). Thanks, fink!

it's not a question, but I just randomly saw this and thought well yeah someone was gonna do it sooner or later :p

12120274_1473449122964766_1522376601_n.jpg

according to the wiki Bianca comes with the holly bushes & victoria the horse comes with lemon trees

Isit possible to choose night time instead of the usual morning seasons?

Try clicking alot of maps but nothing, but I rem saw someone posted a pic done in night.

Last edited:
Isit possible to choose night time instead of the usual morning seasons?

Try clicking alot of maps but nothing, but I rem saw someone posted a pic done in night.

well, when you start the work day it's daytime.. so it's day everywhere...
if you visit a house in the evening in-game (after you've done a house, before ending the day) it's night there.
you cant redo the house till the next in-game day tho. if you visit a winter house at night that doesnt have snow falling, there's an aurora in the sky.

well, when you start the work day it's daytime.. so it's day everywhere...
if you visit a house in the evening in-game (after you've done a house, before ending the day) it's night there.
you cant redo the house till the next in-game day tho. if you visit a winter house at night that doesnt have snow falling, there's an aurora in the sky.
Yep and if you visit at night you can upload to the HHN and it will be night for your submission. I'm pretty sure if you get sunset that will stay as well. The longer you take do to a house the darker it will be when you're finished so if you finish quickly it will be sunset

If you don't finish at a time you like, just don't upload the house. Then visit the next day at the time you want it saved and upload it then. I've done that for a couple of houses. I'm still not sure if auroras and rainbows save though.

I thought time didn't save with the houses, and was determined by when it was being visited?

Actually, I'm positive that's the case, I just tested it.

Last edited:
I thought time didn't save with the houses, and was determined by when it was being visited?

Actually, I'm positive that's the case, I just tested it.

Really? I was sure I'd seen houses at different times. Probably just wasn't paying attention to when I did it!

Does anyone know if there's a way to make the second room bigger when I remodel the house? I've been remodeling Filly's house a couple times, choosing different options each time; trying to figure out how to make the back room bigger. Or is 6x6 the max? :[

As far as I can tell, 6x6 is the max for side rooms (and up/downstairs)

Thank you. :] I have trouble making do with that little room; it kinda boggles me how some people deal with it and still make such an awesome/unique room. I'm trying to make a little dining area at the back of Filly's house and when I make dining areas, it always looks the same in every house or facility and I always want to include the "necessities" like a stove and dishwasher/sink and other things that some people don't always include. x.x. Maybe I'll make it into something else then.

Back