• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Happy Home Designer - Frequently Asked Questions (Got a question? Look here!)

Does anyone know who unlocks the large screen billboard. I'm not sure of the name but it's like a big outdoor tv

Yup. Bonbon gives it to you. :)

Anyone know who gives you the fake paintings and sculptures?

Last edited:
Has anyone seen a newspaper qr floating around? I want to turn the stack of magazines into a stack of newspapers...

-fake paintings are unlocked when you unlock all the real art- it doesn't have a category so you have to search for it. It's just the actual art's name+? (So the fake famous painting is "famous painting?")

Last edited:
Has anyone seen a newspaper qr floating around? I want to turn the stack of magazines into a stack of newspapers...

-fake paintings are unlocked when you unlock all the real art- it doesn't have a category so you have to search for it. It's just the actual art's name+? (So the fake famous painting is "famous painting?")

I've seen only one truly genius-brilliant newspaper QR and it was in a random HHN house and not-gettable. It is haunting my dreams. I've seen a couple of other QRs on twitter but they didn't really work for me (though one is a little stack of papers, tied with string); I'll stumble to my computer shortly and find a link for you. I generally use manga-panel-themed QRs in place of newspapers, which works okay.

I have a couple newspaper qrs saved on my of. I'll upload and link them when I get off work later.

Thanks ~ that helped! :) I don't think I would've found them on my own ><.

Not quite what I was looking for, so I made my own. It's a bit murkier than I'd like on the stack, but eh.
CRiyMNCU8AAaf1V.jpg
CRiyVKwUcAA5b9h.jpg

(Though watch the one fink comes back with be twice as good :p)

Last edited:
Nice!!! Much better than the other stuff out there. And the murkiness on the stack works really well. Real papers turn that colour, so it works. Nice shootin', Tex.

Not quite what I was looking for, so I made my own. It's a bit murkier than I'd like on the stack, but eh.

(Though watch the one fink comes back with be twice as good :p)

wow yours actually looks amazing! I think its better than the ones I have saved but I will go ahead and share them incase you wanted some variety

H1c8QZd.jpg

OiKCk8N.jpg

EeNbGWG.jpg

77P1c5S.jpg

mdvex6v.jpg

hJtSV7F.jpg

vtJCxCe.jpg

no.. i dont have like a million qr's saved... that would be crazy..

Last edited:
people are so odd with ratings.. why do they give like 1,0,0,0 ratings especially on really nice houses, they are really trying hard to be mean, i rather not get a rating at all, than knowing some jerk walked around my house. i didn't just notice on my houses (i only got regular ratings like 3 or 4 times, but they were always odd. besides some nice ones by friends of course ^^) but i also noticed this while visiting random new houses. i came across many pretty ones that had these ratings. dont get it.. oh well
jokes on them as its still counting towards the grand total.. although i think the ratings really dont matter in the end, so there's really no reason to be stingy with giving points.. anywayyy

the strangest rating i got was 3,0,0,0 tho, like what does that even mean lol

i guess what i'm trying to say is, when you're visiting houses be kind and considerate. even if they don't fit your standards, someone has worked hard on them and might be happy about their accomplishment, don't make them feel bad intentionally.
cheers

edit: i just got another one of those -_-;

Last edited:
Does anyone know who unlocks the Phone Box? Like a red doctor who box lol. Lack of british knowledge showing...

I've seen only one truly genius-brilliant newspaper QR and it was in a random HHN house and not-gettable. It is haunting my dreams.

dunno if this helps, probably not the ones you mean.. but the ones i use are from here just scroll down a bit
i like them a lot tho

Last edited:
dunno if this helps, probably not the ones you mean.. but the ones i use are from here just scroll down a bit
i like them a lot tho

Okay...so...none of these is the one I saw, but in addition to my 4 manga pages, I now have 6 newspaper QRs thanks to you guys. *looks around frantically for more offices to design*

Okay...so...none of these is the one I saw, but in addition to my 4 manga pages, I now have 6 newspaper QRs thanks to you guys. *looks around frantically for more offices to design*

Congratulations Molly, you're now a newspaper publishing house.
What's that Hazel? You want to switch to drawing newspaper comic strips now?

AND A NEWSPAPER THEMED RESTAURANT (I don't even know what that would entail).

Anyone know if you keep the ratings your earned for a room if you decide to edit it? I'm debating whether or not I should add a stereo to my tavern since it's too quiet and no one plays the lute I have out there. <.< I have a few "votes" on it and I'd hate to lose those just from making a minor change.

Last edited:
Anyone know if you keep the ratings your earned for a room if you decide to edit it? I'm debating whether or not I should add a stereo to my tavern since it's too quiet and no one plays the lute I have out there. <.< I have a few "votes" on it and I'd hate to lose those just from making a minor change.

I think you do. I reuploaded a house from earlier and I had to delete the original file of the house. I may be wrong though.

Last edited:

You do not keep your ratings, sadly (in my experience, anyway). The ratings are tied to the design you uploaded, so when it's bye-bye design, it's bye-bye ratings. The new design replaces the old and your ratings go back to zero. I'm going to double-check test this as soon as my new buddy Zille unlocks HHN (hopefully tonight).

Back