• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Happy 10 Years to New Leaf!

i got new leaf two years after it released. i remember watching reggie’s house tour on the eshop and thinking this is the coolest thing ever because of customization and i had never played an animal crossing game before.

as for memories of the game itself, when boone moved into my town. idk why i got so attached to him but i was devastated when he left, also he started my original town’s bamboo infestation which took me 2 hours to clean up 😂

My first game was Wild World, which was okay. I was really bummed out by the holidays sucking but the game was pretty good. I played that for a long time, even skipping City Folk, for a myriad of reasons.

But then New Leaf came out, and it was absolutely amazing. It gave me the holidays I wanted, the intro to outside decorating that I wanted, online games.

It was a great game, and sometimes I boot it up just to wander around and remember my old town.

i can’t believe it’s been 10 years already what ??

new leaf wasn’t my first animal crossing game (that was wild world), but it is the game that really got me into the series. i found out about new leaf when i was contemplating buying a wii and a copy of city folk (redpandagamer’s let’s play of it really made me want to play it myself lol), and i was instantly hooked. i loved the idea of being mayor, the fact that characters were taller, the new deer and hamster villagers etc. wild world was the only ac game i’d played then, so the thought of getting to celebrate actual holidays in-game was so exciting to me LOL. i spent months watching people’s videos of the japanese version of the game, making lists of potential town names and villagers i wanted to have

i was off from school the day new leaf released in NA, and i asked my mom to drive me to EBgames (now gamestop) as soon as they opened 😅 i named my first town “cloudluv” because i was 11 and silly, and i time-travelled through a year’s worth of playing in the first week. new leaf was my first time playing with others, and it’s actually how i discovered tbt! i had so much fun trading with others and giving items away :’)

i have a lot of memories of new leaf that i love: playing club tortimer games with someone named hannah, and them gifting me a ukulele after. we didn’t type anything to each other, but they were so kind regardless <3 spending hours on tortimer’s island at night, farming rare beetles and fish. beau (my #1 favourite villager at the time) randomly moving into my town. cycling villagers for others (i had 3 copies of the game lmao), and so many more!

Happy 10 years! Today marks a decade since I got the game and I really loved playing with friends the most. Especially having fashion shows, partying at Club LOL and going to Tortimer Island to play mini games. I really enjoyed writing letters to villagers and seeing them hang out together!

I have made a journal for my first town, Petunia on here. I'll be uploading photos (when I remember lol) to share the fun memories I had from the game. I've had so many towns, as I bought multiple copies of the game xD (Loved it so much!)

HNI_0100.JPG
HNI_0065.JPG

Back