• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Guide of Past Prices of Collectibles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, its totally an uphill thing when you are newer. The people who were first in time and/or people who caught fortuitous trends, like when a villager sold for 1000 btb, etc. have the advantage. If its any consolation, I have seen newer users catch up and pass older ones by using all sorts of means, like opening art shops, doing lotteries, villager trading, etc. Its hard, but possible.

I dont know if this thought will cheer you up, but at least this is all virtual! In real life, it truly sucks. Like when wealth thats passed from one generation to the generation gives some people a huge leg up on life. Talk about first in time peeps having the advantage!

This reminded me about how art shops used to be so popular a few months ago, but now they're not as hot as they were. I think so at least. And if it makes the user above feel better, I've been here for a year now and so many new users have surpassed me greatly within the span of a month or so in collectibles and bells. It's totally possible to make enough TBT to get the collectibles you desire. It'll just take some work like mentioned before me. 6v6

I know, its totally an uphill thing when you are newer. The people who were first in time and/or people who caught fortuitous trends, like when a villager sold for 1000 btb, etc. have the advantage. If its any consolation, I have seen newer users catch up and pass older ones by using all sorts of means, like opening art shops, doing lotteries, villager trading, etc. Its hard, but possible.

I dont know if this thought will cheer you up, but at least this is all virtual! In real life, it truly sucks. Like when wealth thats passed from one generation to the generation gives some people a huge leg up on life. Talk about first in time peeps having the advantage!
That's true. Unfortunately I have no talent in art XD. But's it's all good, as the only collectible I love is the pokeball. But wait. that's like 20k. TBT grinding time! XD. I am interested in how these collectibles are going to inflate though. I saw that one of the japanese house collectibles were the same price as another (in the shop) but sold for more because of quantity sold. Makes me wonder how mods restock x.x

Bump
Also why isn't this thread stickied?

The "official" explanation is that the admins/mods do not want it to appear that they endorse these prices, and therefore, it is not stickied.

I do think thats not consistent, however, because Hound00Med's villager popularity list is stickied and thats a price tracking list as well.

From what I seen, if anything, that list is more subjective then this one! He has explained his methodology, and he doesnt just rely on sales. He also scans people's signatures and the "looking for" list to see which villagers people want the most and that counts into what villager he feels is popular.

So yeah, I never understood why that list was stickied and this one never was. :)

Last edited:
The "official" explanation is that the admins/mods do not want it to appear that they endorse these prices, and therefore, it is not stickied.

I do think thats not consistent, however, because Hound00Med's villager popularity list is stickied and thats a price tracking list as well.

From what I seen, if anything, that list is more subjective then this one! He has explained his methodology, and he doesnt just rely on sales. He also scans people's signatures and the "looking for" list to see which villagers people want the most and that counts into what villager he feels is popular.

So yeah, I never understood why that list was stickied and this one never was. :)

So true on everything. It's not really fair to have a villager price guide stickied but not a collectible price guide; especially when this one is updated much more frequently and is still accurate and up-to-date whereas the villager price guide rarely gets updated and is unreliable pricing at the moment.

Having this thread be stickied would make it so much easier to find prices instead of searching through a bunch of threads. A LOT of people rely on it.

Wow, never actually knew that, haha. But yeah, that does make more sense! I do agree though that this should probably be stickied..

Last edited:

It's a known fact that the "officials" have a unique way of applying different treatment to selective cases,
depending on...various factors.

It's nice to see this thread is active and healthy. <3
Not too long ago the four letter word starting with a 'B' is a big no-no,
and the thread is discouraged to stay visible.

My two cents would be that by not endorsing any pricing, and limiting (or flooding) the collectibles on the market,
it feeds and drives the forum economy. Without this much needed buzz (or drama lol),
it wouldn't be much fun to hunt down any squarey pixels, or watching others competing in the arena now, would it. C:

Why dont we just petition for it, a lot of us believe in this thread so root for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back