• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Greetings from France !

F0rtuna

Keeping calm & enjoying a good cup of tea
Bells
Hello everyone !

I'm really pleased to come here to meet you all ! I'm Fortuna, a french phd student teaching at her local university and actually finishing her PhD thesis in medieval European literature. I enjoy bullet journaling, reading, walking in the mountains and drinking ways too much hot tea. I'm 28 y.o. and, as you'll guess, english isn't my native language. I'm trying my best, but please, if I make horrible mistakes, feel free to indicate them to me !

I'm a huge fan of animal crossing since my teens years, I discovered the game with wild world and I have been hooked. I've been an avid player of New Leaf, but I've had some difficulties with new horizon, because the game is beautiful, that is true, but also feels a little more repetitive than the others. I may have this feeling because I'm older too ! But well, I've been really hyped by the last Nintendo Direct (I was like "okay, Nintendo, take my money for the dIlc "!) and figured out that trying to play more online and actually meet people by the game and explore others island may be a whole new amazing experience ! So, well... here I am \o/

I'm really hyped by the version 2.0 and can't wait to discover the new villagers and new craft recipes ! I love the crafting system, so I'm really excited to discover the dishes recipes ! I can't wait to explore the new "shopping area" on Joe's island (I think it's Joe as well on the english version of the game, sorry if it isn't) and to meet again some amazing NPC characters like Harriet or Katrina ! I miss a little Gracie, I hope she'll be back one day ! I loved her sarcasm xD

I'm not sure, but I think I may have another account here, created in something like 2014 or 2015, because I remember this forum, but I don't remember my logins, so I guess we may as well start fresh ! So well ! Happy to be here again and to meet you all =)

Welcome Fortuna! I’m glad you decided to join us here! 😊🎉

Oh my gosh, Joe’s Island! That’s so cute. In the English version, it’s Harv’s Island (Harv being short for Harvey), but I love that it’s Joe’s Island in the French version! 😊

I am really excited for the recipe crafting too! I love that we will be able to grow vegetables, then make dishes, and use them to display on tables! 😊 There is so much I’m excited for, it’s hard to pick just one thing, but I can’t wait to see where Kapp’n takes us on his boat, and also to design the vacation homes in the Happy Home Paradise DLC. Are you hoping to get any of the new villagers? Are you doing anything to prepare your island for the new content? 😊

Bienvenue Fortuna !
I'm french too, and scared of having ****ty english too sometimes lol
I miss hiking, can't wait for my next vacation to do so 🏔

hi, fortuna! welcome to tbt! it’s so lovely to meet you. 💙

congratulations on your PhD! that’s an incredible accomplishment, and medieval european literature sounds super fascinating! we also have a few things in common as well — i also really enjoy bullet journaling and reading! wild world was my first animal crossing game as well.

your feelings about new horizons are totally valid, but i’m glad to hear that you’re excited for the update! i can’t wait for the new villagers and cooking as well, and i hope you’ll enjoy all the new features once the update drops! 😊

Thank you, all of you for your warm welcome <3 I really appreciate it !

Welcome Fortuna! I’m glad you decided to join us here! 😊🎉

Oh my gosh, Joe’s Island! That’s so cute. In the English version, it’s Harv’s Island (Harv being short for Harvey), but I love that it’s Joe’s Island in the French version! 😊

I am really excited for the recipe crafting too! I love that we will be able to grow vegetables, then make dishes, and use them to display on tables! 😊 There is so much I’m excited for, it’s hard to pick just one thing, but I can’t wait to see where Kapp’n takes us on his boat, and also to design the vacation homes in the Happy Home Paradise DLC. Are you hoping to get any of the new villagers? Are you doing anything to prepare your island for the new content? 😊

Thanks SJ =) Aha ! Should have guess that Joe was only the french name ! I must admit I sometimes get lost between the french version and the english one ^^" Almost all the names are different so it's sometimes a little confusing, especially as I watch a lot of english-speaker gamer on AC content ^^'

I was thinking, just before they announced the update, to purchase stardew valley or harvest moon, so when I saw the new dishes recipes and the vegetables, I was like "ok, you read my mind, Nintendo" ! I'm really excited for that <3 Yes ! the new islands with Kapp' are really exciting too, and as I loved happy home designer on 3DS, I'm also really happy to see the DLC ! I'm looking forward getting Sasha, as a new villager, and maybe Shino and Ione ! I want that fresh vibe of having new villagers ! I have a ton of amiibo cards, so I'll probably purchase a couple of cards from the 5th serie in order to get them and complete my collection ^^

I've removed all of the items on my island ! I was wondering about resetting it, but I'm ways too attached to the diy recipes I have, and I would hate to have to farm them again ! But I want to go on a "cottagecore" vibe instead of my "japanese/asian" vibe ^^

Bienvenue Fortuna !
I'm french too, and scared of having ****ty english too sometimes lol
I miss hiking, can't wait for my next vacation to do so 🏔

Merci Magus <3 That's so fun and cool to see someone else from France here =) Your english seems pretty fine to me, but alas I'm probably not a good judge of that =)

hi, fortuna! welcome to tbt! it’s so lovely to meet you. 💙

congratulations on your PhD! that’s an incredible accomplishment, and medieval european literature sounds super fascinating! we also have a few things in common as well — i also really enjoy bullet journaling and reading! wild world was my first animal crossing game as well.

your feelings about new horizons are totally valid, but i’m glad to hear that you’re excited for the update! i can’t wait for the new villagers and cooking as well, and i hope you’ll enjoy all the new features once the update drops! 😊

Thank you Xara <3 That's lovely to meet you too ^^ Thanks for the phd ! I'm on the last ditch effort and I should defend it during the 2022 spring or summer. I'm relieve to finally be able to finish it ! I love my topic of research, but I'm looking forward studying others things too ! I'm happy to meet a fellow bullet journaler ^^ Do you also do Animal Crossing related pages on your bujo ? ^^" And I really remember fondly wild world ^^ I'm glad they didn't stopped the game after wild world or new leaf ! I'm excited to see that AC is able to bring together both "old" players and a new generation of players !

The update really brings everything that I was missing on the game (or almost) : I was missing Kapp' and the expeditions : boom they're back, I was missing the ability to customize every (or almost) objects with Cyrus and Reese, boom they're back too, I was missing Katrina, and Tortimer too, and they're back too ! I'm excited about the new diy and the new sets of furnitures with the DLC, and the whole DLC, I must admit ! Well, I think that this update gives me exactly what I was missing from the lasts games. Like the villagers who come say hello when you're at home, that was a really cool part in new leaf ! Long story short : I'm hyped like hell ! xD

Thank you, all of you for your warm welcome <3 I really appreciate it !

Thanks SJ =) Aha ! Should have guess that Joe was only the french name ! I must admit I sometimes get lost between the french version and the english one ^^" Almost all the names are different so it's sometimes a little confusing, especially as I watch a lot of english-speaker gamer on AC content ^^'

I was thinking, just before they announced the update, to purchase stardew valley or harvest moon, so when I saw the new dishes recipes and the vegetables, I was like "ok, you read my mind, Nintendo" ! I'm really excited for that <3 Yes ! the new islands with Kapp' are really exciting too, and as I loved happy home designer on 3DS, I'm also really happy to see the DLC ! I'm looking forward getting Sasha, as a new villager, and maybe Shino and Ione ! I want that fresh vibe of having new villagers ! I have a ton of amiibo cards, so I'll probably purchase a couple of cards from the 5th serie in order to get them and complete my collection ^^

I've removed all of the items on my island ! I was wondering about resetting it, but I'm ways too attached to the diy recipes I have, and I would hate to have to farm them again ! But I want to go on a "cottagecore" vibe instead of my "japanese/asian" vibe ^^

Merci Magus <3 That's so fun and cool to see someone else from France here =) Your english seems pretty fine to me, but alas I'm probably not a good judge of that =)

Thank you Xara <3 That's lovely to meet you too ^^ Thanks for the phd ! I'm on the last ditch effort and I should defend it during the 2022 spring or summer. I'm relieve to finally be able to finish it ! I love my topic of research, but I'm looking forward studying others things too ! I'm happy to meet a fellow bullet journaler ^^ Do you also do Animal Crossing related pages on your bujo ? ^^" And I really remember fondly wild world ^^ I'm glad they didn't stopped the game after wild world or new leaf ! I'm excited to see that AC is able to bring together both "old" players and a new generation of players !

The update really brings everything that I was missing on the game (or almost) : I was missing Kapp' and the expeditions : boom they're back, I was missing the ability to customize every (or almost) objects with Cyrus and Reese, boom they're back too, I was missing Katrina, and Tortimer too, and they're back too ! I'm excited about the new diy and the new sets of furnitures with the DLC, and the whole DLC, I must admit ! Well, I think that this update gives me exactly what I was missing from the lasts games. Like the villagers who come say hello when you're at home, that was a really cool part in new leaf ! Long story short : I'm hyped like hell ! xD

Restarting your island without resetting the whole game sounds like a good choice! Losing all my DIY recipes, Nook Miles and furniture items that I've catalogued would be too much to do right before the update! 😊

Bonjour and welcome to The Bell Tree aka TBT! I am learning French, in intermediate level. I also like bullet journaling and reading!

English is not my language as well (mine is Spanish) and I sometimes get grammar mistakes. :')

Study and work hard to finish your PhD, you can do this! Medieval European literature is an interesting major.

I am extremely excited for the upcoming update! Cooking, Brewster, new reactions, and more!

We will support each other hahaha 💪

Back