• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Greetings, bell-pinchers.

Introspective Onlooker

In Search of a Coherent Worldview
Bells
I lurked around here for a bit, then decided to join.

Pocket Camp was my first "introduction" to the series, back in late 2018. My real introduction was City Folk, which was in June of this year. I wanted to start with Population Growing! first, then work my way up to each subsequent installment, but I was on my old computer at the time, and I wasn't feeling confident it could handle a certain emulator. I also skipped Wild World initially, because of how it's written off as the worst game in the series — with CF being a console version of the game without the limitations of the DS holding it back, and honestly, I regret allowing that misconception to cloud my judgment. I eventually managed to have my more advanced (though still a bit old) computer "fixed", for lack of a better term, so it was only a matter of time before I emulated the first two games.

A month later, I got myself a New 2DS system, mainly for two 3DS games: one of them being New Leaf. Before I emulated Wild World, I decided on rather I should buy that instead, or the former. I chose NL, and played WW, as I waited for the game to arrive; I wanted to make sure I was well-acquainted with every game preceding NL in order to fully appreciate what it did for the franchise.

New Horizons is a game I have yet to play, and I want to judge it on my own standards.

There you have it. My background in the series isn't very remarkable, I know, but it was just something I wanted to share, anyway. CF and NL are my most frequent games, so if anyone wants to hit me up on the latter, read the address below, and I'll have my CF town address posted soon, too.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums! 🌟 Do you have one AC game that stands out over the others? Are you planning to try NH? 😊

I do, actually. It's the Japanese-exclusive Doubutsu no Mori e+. I'm still in the process of getting my NA GameCube modded... I just hope the board still works after I'm done. And yes, I plan on getting New Horizons sometime in the near future.

Last edited:
Hello! Nice to meet you.

Welcome! I'd recommend checking out Doubutsu no Mori+ is you end up liking e+! It's even more different from our GC version and personally I prefer it over e+. Although TBT tends to focus more on NH compared to other AC forums like ACC.

Hello! Nice to meet you.
Likewise!

Welcome! I'd recommend checking out Doubutsu no Mori+ is you end up liking e+! It's even more different from our GC version and personally I prefer it over e+. Although TBT tends to focus more on NH compared to other AC forums like ACC.
With NH being the best-selling game, as well as the newest in the series, it doesn't surprise me. I might try out DnM+ at some point. I know for certain how differently villagers treat the player in the Japanese versions of the game, even if I only partially understand the language myself. But I have to ask: what do you like about it more than e+?

Likewise!
With NH being the best-selling game, as well as the newest in the series, it doesn't surprise me. I might try out DnM+ at some point. I know for certain how differently villagers treat the player in the Japanese versions of the game, even if I only partially understand the language myself. But I have to ask: what do you like about it more than e+?

ACC has more active users in older games like GC compared to TBT. Both forums ran a poll at the same time in October about members' favorite AC game and there were about 10% more ACC people who liked GC the best. Sometimes when people here ask questions on it I point them over there and vice versa haha.

I think it's interesting how the game used to be before it was localized. There are so many subtle changes so I like seeing how things evolved eg Katrina being a shrine maiden. Plus I live in Japan so I like the Japanese culture aspects.

Back