Bells
Tasty Cake
Orange Mote of Flame
Gold Trophy (First Place)
Blue Mote of Flame
Easter Egg
Ancient Lantern
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
So basically, every so often when I play ACNL, the screen goes black randomly. It returns back to normal after a couple of minutes, but it freaks me out a bit anyway, especially as I don't use glitches or dupe or anything XD anyone else have this problem?

That has never happened to me. I think there might be something wrong with your digital copy/cartridge.

I can't help, but two questions that might help others help you:

1) Is it a cartridge or a digital copy?
2) Does it happen with any other game?

If you have a cartridge, and if you have any kind of access to another 3DS, try it in there and see if it happens. Just be careful to read Isabelle's information when starting the game in case the other 3DS is set to a different day/time. That will affect your game cartridge as well.

That has never happened to me. I think there might be something wrong with your digital copy/cartridge.

Ooh, I've had it for over a year now, but it's only been glitching recently haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can't help, but two questions that might help others help you:

1) Is it a cartridge or a digital copy?
2) Does it happen with any other game?

If you have a cartridge, and if you have any kind of access to another 3DS, try it in there and see if it happens. Just be careful to read Isabelle's information when starting the game in case the other 3DS is set to a different day/time. That will affect your game cartridge as well.

Yesss it's a cartridge, so I'll ask my stepdad if I can borrow his :) thank you! (And nah, I don't change the time unless the time changes irl)

I actually get this problem sometimes on both my Digital and Physical cartridges. It usually lasts a few seconds for me.

Yikes, that sounds scary. Even if it's still playable something like that would drive me nuts, and Animal Crossing isn't as easily replaced as other games. D: I hope everything's okay with your copy.

If your village is really important to you and you decide that the cartridge is at fault, you could buy the digital version and use the transfer tool on the eShop to transfer the cartridge village over. I just saw a thread that said the digital version is down to $20.

i had this happen to me on my old 3ds!! i only ever remember it happening on ac, but i only really played ac anyways.
i just went straight up and bought a new 3ds after it happened, didn't wanna take any risks with a digital copy.
on my new 3ds nothing's happened so far... (in fact the whole game actually seems to be running faster, like with loading and stuff, which is kind of weird...)
on that note though, before the 3ds started blacking out, i noticed that whenever i pressed the home button to pause a game the top screen would glitch i guess (a multicoloured line kinda split the screen in two???)

If your village is really important to you and you decide that the cartridge is at fault, you could buy the digital version and use the transfer tool on the eShop to transfer the cartridge village over. I just saw a thread that said the digital version is down to $20.

It's my baby, I've got virtually all my dreamies XD and that sounds like a good idea, I'll definitely do that if that's the case :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yup. I've never had this happen on any of my other games.

Nooooo

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yikes, that sounds scary. Even if it's still playable something like that would drive me nuts, and Animal Crossing isn't as easily replaced as other games. D: I hope everything's okay with your copy.

Yeah, makes you paranoid XD. And exactly, too many precious things! Thanks :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

i had this happen to me on my old 3ds!! i only ever remember it happening on ac, but i only really played ac anyways.
i just went straight up and bought a new 3ds after it happened, didn't wanna take any risks with a digital copy.
on my new 3ds nothing's happened so far... (in fact the whole game actually seems to be running faster, like with loading and stuff, which is kind of weird...)
on that note though, before the 3ds started blacking out, i noticed that whenever i pressed the home button to pause a game the top screen would glitch i guess (a multicoloured line kinda split the screen in two???)

What 3DS have you got? I've got one of the older XL's, so I dunno if it's because of that

What 3DS have you got? I've got one of the older XL's, so I dunno if it's because of that
i've got an older XL too!
or atleast it's older than my new one (i can tell mainly because there's no more gap between the top screen and the hinge)

My consoles are old, relatively, tho I do have a Yoshi 3DSXL, which may be considered newer. (I'm in UK, does that make a difference?)

The screen blacking out - well mine does this at load times, sometimes a second or two longer than I would expect it to be - I have put it down to the amount I have on the game - 4 human characters, PWP plus cafe/police station & stuff on main street - a lot more data on the cart, hence possibly slightly longer load times. I do have the cart versions of the game.

I don't play other games but I do see a few second wait (with a black screen) when I am loading system settings/data mangement (the logo with the spanner).
I do not think my 3dsXL's are broken in any way, would have to be more than this before I thought there was a problem.
They all have a gap between the top screen and the hinge - does that make them older versions?

Getting a new console - I'm waiting to see what the reviews are like on the new 3dsXL

Edit: - my screen does not go black while I'm playing apart from at load times, ie when you get the little train or kappn's boat symbols in bottom right - sometimes the load time does seem a bit long.
I never pause the game, just play, press start to finish and then the home button when I see 'press A' come up on the screen. I try to be careful when saving.

Last edited:
My consoles are old, relatively, tho I do have a Yoshi 3DSXL, which may be considered newer. (I'm in UK, does that make a difference?)

The screen blacking out - well mine does this at load times, sometimes a second or two longer than I would expect it to be - I have put it down to the amount I have on the game - 4 human characters, PWP plus cafe/police station & stuff on main street - a lot more data on the cart, hence possibly slightly longer load times. I do have the cart versions of the game.

I don't play other games but I do see a few second wait (with a black screen) when I am loading system settings/data mangement (the logo with the spanner).
I do not think my 3dsXL's are broken in any way, would have to be more than this before I thought there was a problem.
They all have a gap between the top screen and the hinge - does that make them older versions?

Getting a new console - I'm waiting to see what the reviews are like on the new 3dsXL

Edit: - my screen does not go black while I'm playing apart from at load times, ie when you get the little train or kappn's boat symbols in bottom right - sometimes the load time does seem a bit long.
I never pause the game, just play, press start to finish and then the home button when I see 'press A' come up on the screen. I try to be careful when saving.

Hmmm, if you just have loading times with the train at the bottom a bit longer, I think you're probably safe :). I personally have blackouts as in, for example, I was in the post office today and the screens both just went black for a few minutes :)

This has happened to me, actually!

It almost always happens on the train, specifically when this beeping from who-knows-where (probably the train's control panel or w/e) seems to interfere with the 3DS and the top screen goes out until the beeping stops. I may have gotten the blackout on a few other occasions, but I remember they could all be attributed to some electronic interference nearby.

I should mention that I have an older XL and a digital copy of the game.

This has happened to me, actually!

It almost always happens on the train, specifically when this beeping from who-knows-where (probably the train's control panel or w/e) seems to interfere with the 3DS and the top screen goes out until the beeping stops. I may have gotten the blackout on a few other occasions, but I remember they could all be attributed to some electronic interference nearby.

I should mention that I have an older XL and a digital copy of the game.

That's really strange! I'm gonna see if I can email Nintendo about it, seeing as a lot of people are having the same problem with the older XL :) (PS, I love your banner)

Back