• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Game Awards 2020: Predictions for GOTY and other nominees?

Among us just won best multiplayer, no surprise. Sad that ACNH didn't win though I'm happy for Among us cause the acceptance speech was cute

Among us just won best multiplayer, no surprise. Sad that ACNH didn't win though I'm happy for Among us cause the acceptance speech was cute
I feel like that’s fair, to be honest; among us was the big multiplayer game of the year and even though I’m more lenient than a lot of others on the online experience of New Horizons I have to admit it’s rather rough around the edges.

I feel like that’s fair, to be honest; among us was the big multiplayer game of the year and even though I’m more lenient than a lot of others on the online experience of New Horizons I have to admit it’s rather rough around the edges.
Among us also won best mobile, once again no surprise. I'm super happy for them, though! I agree with you that New Horizons multiplayer is a little... interesting, but I will always root for my #1 game c:

And no one was surprised that Last of Us 2 won. 😔

That medley was so nice though, leaving the AC theme for last.

i'm legit so bummed at the results, it's almost 3am where i am, me and my brother stayed up rooting for acnh to win -_-

Ngl I wasn't surpised AC didn't win. I feel like most games that win GOTY are games that have a strong narrative or are really big within the more hardcore gaming fanbase. AC had some issues at the beginning of release due to a lack of QoL features and really got popular due to the pandemic.

Honestly, Animal Crossing was the real winner with that crescendo at the end of the medley. :LOL:

I didn't expect it to win GotY for obvious reasons. But, closing out an epic orchestral medley with the unassuming French horn of the New Horizons theme was hilarious to me. You da real MVP, Animal Crossing. Lol.

I agree with @trashpedia, I'm super sad that AC didn't win and I was hoping Hades would win. But the likelyhood of ACNH winning in the first place was low, I was not surprised by the results. I actually ended up turning it off (it was so long this year, i swear!) before I heard the animal crossing medley so I'll have to listen to it later but Animal Crossing is GotY in our hearts ❤
Post automatically merged:

Oh and one other thing I was happy that Animal Crossing won at least the family award, I feel like Hades should've won more of the things it was nominated for :|

And no one was surprised that Last of Us 2 won. 😔

For me, I could have been happy with LoU2 or Ghost of Tsushima. But, I do think the right game won. Unpopular of an opinion as it might be...I maintain that LoU2 was an amazing game. Sure...there were times when it dragged on and on...and it felt like it could have ended at least 5 or 6 different times. But, when you finally navigate the maze of false-finishes, I think it's a great story. Sure...I might have more fun playing something like Ghost of Tsushima or Animal Crossing...but, GotY needs to be a total package. And LoU2 is a powerhouse of a game, even if a large number of people struggled to power through it. It's no different from those "classic" movies that many people don't like watching. Not everyone is going to like everything. But, the criteria for a great game was most closely met by LoU2, IMO.

For me, I could have been happy with LoU2 or Ghost of Tsushima. But, I do think the right game won. Unpopular of an opinion as it might be...I maintain that LoU2 was an amazing game. Sure...there were times when it dragged on and on...and it felt like it could have ended at least 5 or 6 different times. But, when you finally navigate the maze of false-finishes, I think it's a great story. Sure...I might have more fun playing something like Ghost of Tsushima or Animal Crossing...but, GotY needs to be a total package. And LoU2 is a powerhouse of a game, even if a large number of people struggled to power through it. It's no different from those "classic" movies that many people don't like watching. Not everyone is going to like everything. But, the criteria for a great game was most closely met by LoU2, IMO.

By all means, it probably is a good game and those upset by it are mostly those that don't agree with points in the story. I wouldn't know as I haven't played it or watch a walkthrough of it. I'm just a little disappointed that an indie game (Hades) nor one from a genre uncommonly nominated (ACNH) didn't win. Though the fact that either one was in the nomination is pretty amazing enough, I consider that a win for the underdogs as is.

Tbh I'm betting a lot of gamers or people that really hated TLoU2 are probably exploding rn because that game had a lot of controversy behind it from what I heard. So far, I've been seeing people express how the GOTY was rigged because that game won LOL

I try to put myself in the shoes of people who think LoU2 is bad...and I guess the conclusion I've made, is that there are an endless amount of games that I think are really bad (mobile games, Fortnite, League of Legends, Destiny, etc). All of those generic and "samey" mainstream games really get my goat. Lol. BUT...people like what they like. So...I might get really exhausted by all of those games, and those same people might get exhausted by LoU2. So...I get that. They're entitled to say that LoU2 is not for them. I probably complained equally as much during 75% of the content reveals during the show...because, all of these new games look exactly the same to me. Lol.

I try to put myself in the shoes of people who think LoU2 is bad...and I guess the conclusion I've made, is that there are an endless amount of games that I think are really bad (mobile games, Fortnite, League of Legends, Destiny, etc). All of those generic and "samey" mainstream games really get my goat. Lol. BUT...people like what they like. So...I might get really exhausted by all of those games, and those same people might get exhausted by LoU2. So...I get that. They're entitled to say that LoU2 is not for them. I probably complained equally as much during 75% of the content reveals during the show...because, all of these new games look exactly the same to me. Lol.

I definitely get that. I lost count of how many Space/Sci-fi and Zombie/Mutant shooters there were. Hell, I don't even remember what was announced except for that co-op game, It Takes Two. That was the most interesting thing revealed in my opinion.

Back