find a friend!

That's interesting. Do you think that he and this man were lovers potentially? I thought the subject was a woman, actually, due to the desire for such beauty, etc. to be passed on--and that can only be done within a womb--within the eyes...the eyes are holding truth and beauty in the subject, while the womb is holding the actual child continuing that line of beauty and purity? I do think that you're right about the astronomy and how Shakespeare cannot predict the future but finds solace and stability in the subject's eyes.

Also--the play itself was overacted. It wasn't great. But I heard Twelfth Night was phenomenal. Too bad I didn't get to see it before it closed. I want to go to Shakespeare in the park at some point since I live close to NYC. Those performances are amazing apparently.
That's an interesting thought, and I'm not too sure. I honestly did get the impression that the subject was a woman at first, but after discovering that about the first half of Shakespeare's sonnets were about a young man he had a relationship with, I figured this was the same man. If they all truly were about the same man, I wouldn't be able to guess if Shakespeare's relationship with him was romantic because I haven't read all of the sonnets about him. If I'm going off of just Sonnet 14, I feel like Shakespeare's feelings about this man were limited to an admiration.

Really? That's too bad, I was hoping it'd be good. If I ever get the chance I'd still like to see it. I'd like to see any of his plays, really. Shakespeare in the park would be amazing! I've heard great things about it, too.

That's an interesting thought, and I'm not too sure. I honestly did get the impression that the subject was a woman at first, but after discovering that about the first half of Shakespeare's sonnets were about a young man he had a relationship with, I figured this was the same man. If they all truly were about the same man, I wouldn't be able to guess if Shakespeare's relationship with him was romantic because I haven't read all of the sonnets about him. If I'm going off of just Sonnet 14, I feel like Shakespeare's feelings about this man were limited to an admiration.

Really? That's too bad, I was hoping it'd be good. If I ever get the chance I'd still like to see it. I'd like to see any of his plays, really. Shakespeare in the park would be amazing! I've heard great things about it, too.

Hmm...I know that Shakespeare's sexuality has been debated so many times...but an artist can merely have the ability to find beauty in things that others may not, and in this case, may be a young man. Who knows? Do you know more about this man? Or is he a mystery?

Also, there is the reference to "Astronomy" --which is capitalized ... references to heavens, etc. so by extension...divinity. Divinity leads to the conclusion of God and God's image, the first of which was Adam, a man. So it may have possibly been a man as you say...the enigmatic nature of the poem is interesting...almost as if the subject is intentionally supposed to be androgynous...what do you think it would mean then? if the subject was neither gender, but mere concept?

Personally...I find the couplet at the end difficult to understand...what do you make of it?

Last edited:
Name: Brooke
Sexual Orientation: Who knows anymore ok
Relationship Status: Seeing someone
Favorite Books: I'm not going to lie, I don't read much.
Favorite Games: Pokemans, Sims, Tera Online, Toontown, Fable, Legend of Zelda series... etcetc
Favorite Movies: My absolute favorite is Moulin Rouge
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: at the moment I'm obsessed with Karmin
Favorite TV Shows: How I Met Your Mother, Friends, Once Upon A Time, Bobs Burgers, (this list can get long quick so I'll stop here)
Interesting facts about yourself: I'm currently in school for game and graphic design, I play a few instruments, I don't like talking about myself,... uhm. I don't know .__.
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Bob & Punchy because lazy cats are the best cats
Type of person I would like to be friends with: People I can skype with and have deep conversations with at like 4am.
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: I don't know? people under 16 probably?

Name: Jake
Sexual Orientation: homosexual
Relationship Status: single
Favorite Books: i am not a reader but if i had to pick either trivia/mystery books
Favorite Games: pokemon/zelda/monster hunter
Favorite Movies: musicals
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: kelly clarkson
Favorite TV Shows: glee and desperate housewives
Interesting facts about yourself: i have swag, i was once a model, i am v kind
Favorite New Leaf Villager: ricky!!!
Type of person I would like to be friends with: boys who are nice and hot
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: just pls dont be ignorant and have an open mind

(if u wanna be friends pls PM me with a selfie of u attached)

still looking for friend!s!!!!

Name: Louise
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Relationship Status: Taken
Favorite Books: Hannibal series
Favorite Games: Pokemon, Animal Crossing, RPG games mostly
Favorite Movies: Hannibal again~
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: Marina and the Diamonds
Favorite TV Shows: None, really, I don't watch much TV :p
Interesting facts about yourself: I like drawing and writing and such~
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Right now, Lolly, Muffy and Erik
Type of person I would like to be friends with: Anyone :p
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: N/A

Name: ellie
Sexual Orientation: :lemon:
Relationship Status: hahahahha ahha ah ah
Favorite Books: IDK..... aristotle and dante discover the secrets of the universe
Favorite Games: ??????? good question , acnl???
Favorite Movies: also good question...... x-men? MULAN...
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: the killers yo...... also Sia, my bb
Favorite TV Shows: game of thrones, oitnb, resurrection umm ummmmmm almost human..
Interesting facts about yourself: im double jointed in all my fingers and i play piano is that interesting
Favorite New Leaf Villager: SKYE
Type of person I would like to be friends with: cool ppl
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: uncool ppl
why don't u ever talk to me about got or oitnb smh

Name: Brooke
Sexual Orientation: Who knows anymore ok
Relationship Status: Seeing someone
Favorite Books: I'm not going to lie, I don't read much.
Favorite Games: Pokemans, Sims, Tera Online, Toontown, Fable, Legend of Zelda series... etcetc
Favorite Movies: My absolute favorite is Moulin Rouge
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: at the moment I'm obsessed with Karmin
Favorite TV Shows: How I Met Your Mother, Friends, Once Upon A Time, Bobs Burgers, (this list can get long quick so I'll stop here)
Interesting facts about yourself: I'm currently in school for game and graphic design, I play a few instruments, I don't like talking about myself,... uhm. I don't know .__.
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Bob & Punchy because lazy cats are the best cats
Type of person I would like to be friends with: People I can skype with and have deep conversations with at like 4am.
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: I don't know? people under 16 probably?

Hey! I'm from Jersey too! :)

Name: Jessica
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Relationship Status: In a Relationship
Favorite Books: Harry Potter series, Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series
Favorite Games: AC (duh), Pac Man, Borderlands, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Pokemon (Red, Blue and Yellow)
Favorite Movies: Serenity
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: Alice Cooper
Favorite TV Shows: Firefly, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Rome, Justified
Interesting facts about yourself: I love cats
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Ankha (because she's a cat and I love Ancient Egyptian stuff)
Type of person I would like to be friends with: Anyone with similar interests :)
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: Anyone under age 16 I guess

Last edited:
Name: Hazel
Sexual Orientation: I'm sort of, love whoever you love kinda' person.
Relationship Status: Relationship of 5/6 years, hopefully to be soon engaged :eek:
Favorite Books: Post secret books and art books.
Favorite Games: ACNL, Skyrim, Sims, Red Dead Redemption
Favorite Movies: I have so many I couldn't even pick one.
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: If I had to pick.. it'd probably Blink 182 or Good Charlotte.. stuff like that
Favorite TV Shows: GoT, Salem, Breaking Bad (but I'm way behind on series)
Interesting facts about yourself: Nothing that I wanna shout to the world to be honest
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Kitt or Hamlet
Type of person I would like to be friends with: just overall friendly people, I've always wanted a friend from somewhere else in the world.
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: Well I'm not great with sarcasm on the net and I'm usually unsure how to take it- so not sarcastic people I guess?

Last edited:
Name: call me kenny or ken, i dont like my realname
Sexual Orientation: straight
Favorite Books: anything with good stories and fun re readability
Favorite Games: a lot of platformers and racing games
Favorite Movies: a lot of disney movies, almost anything by pixar, the lotr trilogy
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: i dont really have one, but video game music artists are good
Favorite TV Shows: i dont like tv that much. south park, obviously.
Interesting facts about me: best scientist in my year, smart, sometimes funny, only been single
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Cube
Type of person I would like to be friends with: a nice friend that can accept my many flaws and help me, but laugh at my often unfunny jokes. someone who is nice and can deal with a handful
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: people who are jerks, people who are clingy, people who wont give me some time, people who suck

if you are woman and find waluigi attractive please keep compliments to fangirlish squees

bumping this

it works for jake so why not me?

Last edited:
omg we're the same age, both live in California, and I love 1d and 5sos tbh
((I like your avatar btw niall's wearing my favorite soccer team's jersey :blush:))

really? omg i always feel like an old 5sos fan lmfao hello!!!

Name: Jake
Sexual Orientation: homosexual
Favorite Books: i am not a reader but if i had to pick either trivia/mystery books
Favorite Games: pokemon/zelda/monster hunter
Favorite Movies: musicals
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: kelly clarkson
Favorite TV Shows: glee and desperate housewives
Interesting facts about yourself: i have swag, i was once a model, i am v kind
Favorite New Leaf Villager: ricky!!!
Type of person I would like to be friends with: boys who are nice and hot
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: just pls dont be ignorant and have an open mind

(if u wanna be friends pls PM me with a selfie of u attached)

Still looking for friend!!!

Yeah sure, I can't sleep anyways.

Name: Dashiel
Sexual Orientation: Straight as an arrow if that arrow were like 87% straight and 13% gay. Idk not into this whole label thing.
Relationship Status: idk
Location: California relocating to Seattle in September for college.
Favorite Books: Mistborn Series, Catcher in the Rye, but I don't read as much as I should.
Favorite Games: LoZ series, Fire Emblem Series, DA:O, Animal Crossing Series, pretty into XCOM right now, BL:R, Super Mario Galaxy, Etrian Odyssey series, LBP, maybe the STALKER series but I've yet to play it through.
Favorite Movies: I need to watch more movies...I genuinely have no answer to this.
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: TTNG, Tricot, And So I Watch You From Afar, Yndi Halda's pretty dang good, The World is a Beautiful Place and I am No Longer Afraid to Die, Mindless Self Indulgence, listener, and Renaissance Sound. Into a lot of math and indie rock :/
Favorite TV Shows: Game of Thrones, Parks and Rec, Bob's Burgers, 30 Rock, and just started it but actually kinda digging Archer right now.
Interesting facts about yourself: I am on a competitive Blacklight: Retribution team and have competed with a few others in past tournaments. And I like making and appreciating art. Oh, and I like to run.
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Stitches or Bunnie, maybe?
Type of person I would like to be friends with: Anyone willing to be friends with me, and is okay with just hanging out. I like listening to people talk, but I'm pretty bad at keeping conversations going/starting them in the first place. I'm not the most social person :/
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: Idk

Last edited:
Name: Lisa M.
Sexual Orientation: ?
Relationship Status: Single and not looking for someone
Location: USA (NY when sites ask for location, actually WI, MN for Christmas and 3 weeks in summer)
Favorite Books: The Giver
Favorite Games: Tomodachi Life is love. Tomodachi Life is er, life?
Favorite Movies: Frozen, Frozen, FROZEN!
Favorite Band or Musical Artist: Lindsey Stirling
Favorite TV Shows: Nick shows that recently stopped airing (Victorious, iCarly, oh, um, RIP Sam and Cat yesterday :( )
Interesting facts about yourself: I am really good with hair gel, I can do almost anything with it.
Favorite New Leaf Villager: Shep
Type of person I would like to be friends with: Someone nurturing.
Type of person I would not like to be friends with: Someone rude.

Back