• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Holiday/Winter music?

I kind of like a lot of them. It's nice to hear them all throughout the holiday. Like the peanuts versions or the song where Snoopy and the Red Baron decide to not fight because it's Christmas (it's based on WW1 when the soldiers had a truce for one day and it's nice that in such a hellish setting they still had their humanity)

I get annoyed hearing Baby it's cold outside. It's like when the controversy arose about the song, everyone decided to doubledown and play it on repeat. Also Santa Baby. They play both of those way too much with the channels I listen to.

I get annoyed hearing Baby it's cold outside. It's like when the controversy arose about the song, everyone decided to doubledown and play it on repeat.
I bet they didn't play this version (it's my personal favourite, and hearing these two gentlemen going at it never gets tiring) . . .

I am a big fan of Kelly Clarkson and the songs she sings and covers for Christmas are amazing. I have a playlist I listen to every Holiday and it is mostly her singing songs. I do like some others from other artists and even some of the classics, but sometimes even the classics can get to repetitive for me. I like Holiday music with more of beat to it with the touch of holiday music.

My Playlist:
Underneath the Tree - Kelly Clarkson (Her most popular holiday song so far, but needs to be played more on the Radios)
Christmas Eve - Kelly Clarkson
Wrapped in Red - Kelly Clarkson
Under the Mistletoe - Kelly Clarkson and Brett Eldridge
Merry Christmas (To the One I Used to Know) - Kelly Clarkson (From her Newest Holiday Album from Last Year. This is sadder than most holiday songs, but the song itself and her vocals are just amazing to listen to.)
Santa, Can't You Hear Me - Kelly Clarkson & Ariana Grande (Another New Song + KC is pushing this song again this year. I believe its to be another classic)
Christmas Isn't Cancelled - Kelly Clarkson (Another New Song)
All I Want for Christmas is You - Kelly Clarkson (A Cover Song or as I like to call Kelly's Biggest Holiday Troll Move since everyone really wants her to cover the song of the same name, but Mariah Carey's song instead. This song itself is good to.)
Merry Christmas Baby - Kelly Clarkson (Another new song)
4 Carats - Kelly Clarkson
All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey
Where Are You Christmas - Faith Hill
When Christmas Comes to Town - Song from the Polar Express

Did I forget to mention that I like Kelly Clarkson Christmas Songs??
Anyhow, listen to this one:

I kind of like a lot of them. It's nice to hear them all throughout the holiday. Like the peanuts versions or the song where Snoopy and the Red Baron decide to not fight because it's Christmas (it's based on WW1 when the soldiers had a truce for one day and it's nice that in such a hellish setting they still had their humanity)

I get annoyed hearing Baby it's cold outside. It's like when the controversy arose about the song, everyone decided to doubledown and play it on repeat. Also Santa Baby. They play both of those way too much with the channels I listen to.
Baby it's cold outside is one of the Christmas/Winter songs I cannot stand whatsoever.
(I have no idea what controversy you are referring to) but The reason why I hate it is (to keep it swift lol) there was a night it was stuck on repeat for hours on end and I was trying to sleep and I couldn't turn it off 🍾 and I just hate it when I hear it. My friend loved it. Idk if she still does after that honestly.
I don't like Santa Baby either, I find it creepy but to each their own.

Baby it's cold outside is one of the Christmas/Winter songs I cannot stand whatsoever.
(I have no idea what controversy you are referring to) but The reason why I hate it is (to keep it swift lol) there was a night it was stuck on repeat for hours on end and I was trying to sleep and I couldn't turn it off 🍾 and I just hate it when I hear it. My friend loved it. Idk if she still does after that honestly.
I don't like Santa Baby either, I find it creepy but to each their own.
lol I thought I mentioned Santa Baby. It's annoying. So many say it's a cool song, but all I hear is a greedy lady wanting more and more and not satisfied with what she has. It's like the exact opposite of the theme that people try to convey the true meaning of Christmas. It's not what's under the tree that matters, it's who's around it. Good ol' Charlie Brown.

When did you hear it on repeat? Basically people were freaking out and wanting it to be cancelled because of the lyrics where they took one line and ran with it because it sounded like the guy was spiking the girl's drink. It's an oldschool song where the girl has to play hard to get, but really does want to stay with the guy, but to keep up with appearances she has to play a part that society expects of her. But the ones wanting it to be banned were saying the guy was taking advantage of her. It was different times. So then the other side decided they were going to play it on loop to troll them and make their point that it wasn't going anywhere.

And they ended up playing it so much that it got annoying. Neither side looked great and they all should've calmed down.

Now the Peanuts songs? They don't play those Christmas classics enough. I barely hear them. I'd rather hear them a handful of times than Baby its cold outside or Santa baby.

lol I thought I mentioned Santa Baby. It's annoying. So many say it's a cool song, but all I hear is a greedy lady wanting more and more and not satisfied with what she has. It's like the exact opposite of the theme that people try to convey the true meaning of Christmas. It's not what's under the tree that matters, it's who's around it. Good ol' Charlie Brown.

When did you hear it on repeat? Basically people were freaking out and wanting it to be cancelled because of the lyrics where they took one line and ran with it because it sounded like the guy was spiking the girl's drink. It's an oldschool song where the girl has to play hard to get, but really does want to stay with the guy, but to keep up with appearances she has to play a part that society expects of her. But the ones wanting it to be banned were saying the guy was taking advantage of her. It was different times. So then the other side decided they were going to play it on loop to troll them and make their point that it wasn't going anywhere.

And they ended up playing it so much that it got annoying. Neither side looked great and they all should've calmed down.

Now the Peanuts songs? They don't play those Christmas classics enough. I barely hear them. I'd rather hear them a handful of times than Baby its cold outside or Santa baby.
It was a long time ago. 2006 or 2007.
The Peanuts I only really heard in malls (and there's only one mall that is near.. and it's like an hour and a half away)
Welp, luckily YouTube allows you to make little playlists.

i put on michael buble to annoy the rest of my family. my favourite songs would be last christmas by wham! or the fairytale of new york by the pogues. both slap

also these carols by this cambridge choir (idk which year from but its on spotify)

I’ve been listening to some YouTube videos of “vintage Christmas music that isn’t overplayed” (the titles of said videos) and here are some lesser-known songs:

Last edited:
It is not winter unless Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite is blasting in my room. So happy to see so many others who also love the music from it!!

I also really like the orchestral versions of sleigh ride that has the big claps in them (whip sounds?) soooo satisfying to hear those humongous slaps and the jingle bells and the clippity clopping. the percussion section goes off and I love it.

Back