• Most events follow Eastern Daylight Time. The current Space Time is:
  • Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Enchanted Elixirs - Ended!

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
EnchantedElixirs.png

Journeying through the enchanted forest can be very dangerous, especially while encountering the good and evil spirits that guard it. The evil spirits wish to spread their darkness and corruption to all who enter. The good spirits wish to give light and protection to the forest's living plants and animals that call it home. We must be prepared to appease or defend against both of them!

Task and Instructions

To prepare for our journey, we must create two different sets of jarred elixirs or other magical containers such as potions, phials, fairy jars, snow globes, and terrariums. The first set of jars we'll create will provide us with dark and evil powers. The second set will provide us with light and good powers. Then we'll be ready to confront both good and evil spirits and make our journey through the enchanted forest!

This is a creative crafting event with two rounds. In the first round you must build an evil elixir and in the second round you must build a good elixir.
  • Evil Elixirs: Saturday August 13th - Wednesday August 24th 6:59 PM Fair Time (closed)
  • Good Elixirs: Wednesday August 24th - Saturday September 3rd 11:59PM Fair Time *now closed*
To create your elixir or other magical container, you must first acquire a jar or some other completely transparent container with a lid. Wide food storage containers or semi-transparent containers will not be accepted. It must have a similar shape to a jar and be 100% transparent. A completely clear cup with a lid made out of cardboard will be allowed, but if you're not planning on using a normal jar, I suggest asking in this thread before creating your elixir out of it.

Next, pick items to place inside your jar and arrange them as desired. Remember, the elixir must give some sort of evil powers in round 1 and good powers in round 2. What does that mean exactly? Use your imagination and be creative!

Once the solid contents are placed inside your jar, you may fill it with liquid if you're making a liquid elixir. However, this is not required. Create it in a way that you think makes it look best! Just don't drink your elixir, this is all make-believe!

Finally, post a photograph of your elixir with your name card in this thread. Include at least two sentences with your submission post to describe the following: 1) How is it activated? (Drinking, shaking, etc.) 2) What are its effects? (Healing, super strength, ward off spirits, give light, etc.)

Rules

• Entries must be made by you.
  • You may use craft supplies, pre-existing items, or edible ingredients.
  • Entries must fit an evil/dark theme in round 1 and a good/light theme in round 2.
  • No collaborative projects.
  • No digital projects. The purpose of this event is to make a real-world craft!
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your creations. Submissions that appear rushed or made as a joke won't be accepted.
  • All entries submitted are final. Please do not edit your entry after submission unless asked to by a staff member.
  • Your username must be visible somewhere in your submission.
  • Include the two-sentence (or more) explanation in your post, as explained above.
  • Keep all creations appropriate. No hateful or vulgar content!

How to Submit

For your evil elixir in round 1, submit a photograph of your entry with your name card by posting it in this thread by 6:59 PM Fair Time (EDT) on Wednesday, August 24th, 2022. Include a written explanation with your post, as explained above.

For your good elixir in round 2, submit a photograph of your entry with your name card by posting it in this thread after round 1 closes and by 11:59PM Fair Time (EDT) on Saturday, September 3rd, 2022. Include a written explanation with your post, as explained above.

Prizes

• Participation: 6 tickets per round (2 rounds total)
  • Staff Favorite: 6 additional tickets, Enchanted Bloom collectible

Last edited:
So are bottles not allowed then? Totally transparent ones without labels.

Also is there a size requirement for the jar? Are miniature sized ones okay? (Container smaller than one inch)

I'm just assuming a bottle with a cork in it would not be accepted since it's not technically a lid. Just wanna double check.

So are bottles not allowed then? Totally transparent ones without labels.

Also is there a size requirement for the jar? Are miniature sized ones okay? (Container smaller than one inch)
You can use a totally transparent (and without label) bottle, but we're looking for something a little more than just liquid. To fit solid items into the bottle, I'm guessing you would need to cut the top off.

I would recommend not using a miniature jar, but if you do, the contents would also need to be miniature, yet discernible, so that it looks like a regular sized jar in a zoomed-in photo.

how many items do we need to place the jar, or is it just at least one? Also do we need to put liquid in the container this time? Is it ok if the container opens up from the side? I have a display bottle like thing that I can put objects inside of.

how many items do we need to place the jar, or is it just at least one? Also do we need to put liquid in the container this time? Is it ok if the container opens up from the side? I have a display bottle like thing that I can put objects inside of.

Liquid is optional. (This is one difference from the similar event called Jarring Oddities during Halloween 2021, for those who remember it.)

However, I would say if you have only 1 item, you really should include the liquid. Otherwise, simply taking a jar and putting one object inside would likely not follow the "reasonable amount of effort should be put into your creations" rule.

The jar/container should be completely closed. (Otherwise its contents would spill during our journey through the enchanted forest!)

Can I use this as a jar? It’s the only clear thing I have. The water is for size comparison.

F29CFB8C-A9A9-4D25-A76B-58B86CCD06DC.jpeg

Here is my evil elixir. What appears at first to be a container of brightness and clarity is actually one of the most dangerous powers in existence. When this bottle of bright moonlight and clear crystal is smashed violently against the ground, it unleashes a transparent energy that takes the form of a spectral key that unlocks a person's inhibitions. The chains of civilized restraint fall away, and the user's true nature is unleashed. Every impulse is immediately obeyed to the utmost.

jar1.jpeg

Here is my evil elixir. What appears at first to be a container of brightness and clarity is actually one of the most dangerous powers in existence. When this bottle of bright moonlight and clear crystal is smashed violently against the ground, it unleashes a transparent energy that takes the form of a spectral key that unlocks a person's inhibitions. The chains of civilized restraint fall away, and the user's true nature is unleashed. Every impulse is immediately obeyed to the utmost.

Hope you also enjoyed the apple juice!

This might have already been asked, but I'm incredibly ill at the moment and trying to read to see if my question has been asked is just frying my poor sick brain xwx
Are Mason jars an acceptable jar to use? :0 I wanted to start working on mine as soon as possible, since I already have an idea :3

Yo ho ho, hello there, my fellow landlubbers, and say hello to this Darke Ocean Potion, which is activated by opening it up and consuming it! If ye be a brave enough landlubber to drink this Darke Ocean Potion, you will end up having all the energy fleeting from yer body. The rocks and crystal balls support the dark crystal, which mixes with the water to make ye lose all motivation for everything ye once had passion for.

always [/I]friendly...]
Gs0iUfF.jpg

The Quicksand of Peril
Wilhelmina the Wacky Witch is in a spell of trouble, to release her from the quivering quicksand of debris she must unlock the glitter tube. When the glitter tube is opened the magical properties will burst out and the jar will blow its top off and dissolve the materials that trap Wilhelmina. She will then be able to use her broomstick she grips and fly back to her forest to brew another batch of potions to taint those around her. Help her at your own risk!
quicksquarenew_202281411416663.jpg

rsz_image0.jpg

Found in the mysterious forest soil this golden drinking cup is kept stored away for a reason.
if drunk from this would award you all the evil spirits which once came before you, and you would be cursed with bad wishes and bad luck for eternity.

♨ Toxic Tonic ♨

524-FAF2-D-6492-4849-B2-B0-6-CAA9-A5-D7697.jpg

Activation
Commit and fully embrace the 7 deadly sins: pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath and sloth.
Once correctly performed, the tonic will illuminate to notify you that it's time to consume.

Effects
Ultimate luck for eternity.

000-AEB55-6-C43-4-D8-B-9-CE2-1-A6-C387-C7238.jpg

Migraine Mixture

PoPxtfjl.jpg

This elixir, comprised of a skull and nails, is activated by vigorously shaking the jar it is contained in and picturing the face of your worst enemy. The nails hitting the skull will cause your enemy to come down with a terrible headache. Can be used multiple times, if desired.​

Back