Emendations to my Idea Book (Town Creation)

Alolan_Apples

Go Yoshis!
Yoshi's Islanders
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Although you may see some game ideas of mine in the first four chapters, you don't start seeing them until Chapter 5, though Chapter 6 is when you begin seeing close-up detail of each idea. After Chapter 4, the first set of ideas are pertaining to town creation and the natural structure of the town. The biggest two ideas there are the Map Editor (where you can design your natural map) and Biomes (the environment of your town). Because of my friends' thoughts on some of the ideas, I decided to make some changes to them.

Map Editor:

The first major game idea is on a map designer before you start making your town. You can design your map anyway you like as long as it doesn't hinder the gameplay. This was my solution to the problem where you have to play all day to look for the perfect map before starting. Even my friend didn't like this, but he is not in favor of my Map Editor. Here are the reasons:

• Even if I don't expect it, I pointed out a potential that someone might be stupid with it, which can hinder the gameplay or make the town less nice.
  • I could implement more restrictions, but it's difficult to place more restrictions.
  • He likes Main Street to be at the north instead of anywhere.
  • Even if he prefers Town Hall to be on Main Street like how I suggested, he doesn't like the idea of putting the HH showcase as a general town attraction.
  • He doesn't like the idea of a river flowing through Main Street.
  • Even if mini-islands in town are convenient, they aren't good for town decorators.
If there was anything related to the Map Editor that he agrees with most, it would have to be my sizing of the map. I would prefer Main Street to follow the 6x1 notation and the town to have a 6x5 notation (opposed to ACNL's 5x1 Main Street and 5x4 town).

Here are his suggestions that will forever change my Idea Book. Even I think they are better than what I had in mind.

• All towns, regardless of what's in them, should have Main Street at the north, an ocean at the south, the cliff with a waterfall to one side, and an ocean at the other.
  • When Rover asks you about what your town looks like, you will have three questions before you start seeing your map. The first one is about what sides of town the ocean is bordering. The second is on how many levels of elevation your town has. The third is on where the river flows into.
    • The first question asks where you want access to the oceans. This determines the placement of some Main Street attractions, including Town Hall, the Museum, and the Office Block (a new idea), as well as path scenery on Main Street. While the ocean always takes the southern boundary, it can take the western or eastern boundary too. The choice is up to you.
    • The second question asks how many levels of elevation you want. There are three options. The first option is one level, all low. This would mean that the entire town is on one level of elevation with no cliffs or ramps, as you get actual beaches blending in, similar to Wild World. The next option is one level, all high. This means that the entire town, minus the beaches, will be on one level of elevation as there are sea cliffs. The beaches can only be accessed by ramps. The third option is two levels, where part of the town (particularly the cliff boundaries and Main Street boundaries) are on the upper level as the other part of the town (including the southwestern or southeastern corner where the ocean is on both sides) are on the lower level.
    • The third question is on where you want the river to empty through. The choice is between the south side or the east side/west side. Regardless of where the river flows through, it will always have bends, especially at the big lake.
  • When a town map is generated, you can tap the dice button to randomly change the map. It will change where the river flows through, where the Re-Tail and Plaza are located, where the houses are, how many holding ponds and where they are, the town fruit, the grass pattern, and where the cliffs roll as long as it follows the constraints you inputted. You can keep doing it until you find the map that suits your needs.
  • The last question Rover asks you before you leave is what facility do you prefer the most, which is the Town Hall, the Museum, or the Office. What you select is what facility is next to the walkway on Main Street. The other two will be on the ends of Main Street, with the Office or Town Hall is near the ocean while the Museum or Town Hall is near the cliff.
Biomes:

While my friend doesn't like my Map Editor idea, he loved the biome idea as one of his favorite ideas of mine. He liked how I have four different biomes to choose from, the four different biomes, and the differences between biomes. However, he doesn't agree with everything I put into the biomes idea. Here are the details of my biomes idea and what he thinks:

• He liked how the jungle had the most grass content while the desert had the least. However, he doesn't like the snow covering the sand. If it were for the snow people, the mushrooms and leaves should be found in the desert biome for a strange reason.
  • He liked how the different biomes have different trees and bushes growing and surviving in town, as well as the different requirements to get perfect town status. But for the town fruit, he thinks all biomes should have the same five town fruit as they should not be biome-locked. But he was okay with the introduction of lemons being a town fruit and pineapples as a palm tree fruit.
  • He felt that the weather mechanic needs no change. The tundra can have snow without rain, and blizzards are more common. The jungle can have rain without snow, and storms are more common. The desert can have both rain and snow, but more infrequent as it can never have storms or blizzards. The forest has all weather patterns possible. But the snow still covers grass.
  • He liked the idea that all fish, insects, and seafood can be caught in your town no matter what biome you have. He was okay with the changes of peak seasons for each life form.
  • He hated the idea that villagers based on species or personality would never move to a town with a specific biome without the help of amiibo cards or villager trading. However, he does think that all villagers should have different rates in different biomes if the RNG randomly selects villagers.
  • As I strictly oppose the group mechanic, he still supports it, but we should be able to choose what groups we want based on biomes, as all items are guaranteed to be in a certain group no matter what copy you get.
    • Group A items are more frequent in jungle towns, uncommon in forest towns, rare in desert towns, and never sold in tundra towns.
    • Group B items are more frequent in forest towns, uncommon in desert towns, rare in tundra towns, and never sold in jungle towns.
    • Group C items are more frequent in desert towns, uncommon in tundra towns, rare in jungle towns, and never sold in forest towns.
    • Group D items are more frequent in tundra towns, uncommon in jungle towns, rare in forest towns, and never sold in desert towns.
    • Group E items are only distributed by events and sellers other than Kicks, Able Sisters, and Nooklings.
Other:

My friend liked the stuff I put in Chapter 8, but there were some things he couldn't agree with as well.

• He liked how we should choose our hairstyle, hair color, and eye color when we create characters just like how we did in Happy Home Designer, but if we were to do that, unlocking the Shampoodle should be made harder. For eye shape and skin tone to have choice and to be permanent like name, he can't disagree on.
  • He was okay with player personalities, but he felt the bonuses are unfair. He thinks everybody should be treated the same way regardless of how they play unless if they get more or less done.
  • He liked my vision of Isabelle's Quests more than what we have in New Leaf, but he wouldn't call them "quests".

That's all for Chapters 5 to 8. Tomorrow's will be about mayoral features.

Back