• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Elf on the shelf?

I was already an adult when I heard of this so we never did it. It seems cute for kids, though I find that specific elf doll creepy. Eh I dunno, not really my thing as it seems like too much work but if others enjoy it, that's great!
The doll’s face kinda looks like Lindsey Graham lol

Time to start the New Year off horrible by subjecting you lovely lot to these abominable CGI music videos.

There’s an Elf on the Shelf horror movie and I do not recommend it to anyone unless you like extremely long periods of total silence where nothing is happening on screen except staring at a completely dark room on security cameras.

Last edited:
My family didn’t do it (none of us are a fan of the little guy) but I do remember my friend on the school bus claiming that she woke up with him sitting on her chest with a knife pointed at her. What a time, and what a kid. (She also claimed that she caught a leprechaun and she had it in her hands but as soon as anybody got close she was like “oops! It ran away!” Or something like that)

I don't know much about it but apparently one of my nieces had one at some point? I don't know if it's still there or not.

it's just one big way to get kids to behave themselves, my parents never did it but i remember that my 2nd or 3rd grade class did one time. teachers told us the elf would report back to santa, and i think they said if we behaved we would get a reward. the elf would move everyday (it would be sitting on top of the smart board, teacher's desk, and other places) if it ever fell down or got unintentionally knocked over teachers would need to move it with a special mitten because it was "magic." well some kid touched it and screwed everyone else over and we didn't get the reward lol.
I think we did something similar in my class once. Not sure which grade though, but I think it was third grade. To be honest, the cocept has always creeped me out a bit.

My family and I have never done this before, but I have seen them in stores before, so I know what they are at least.

I bought an Elf on the Shelf for my family a few years back.

My family is all adults, so it's become a a fun prank item.

I never heard from elf on the shelfe. I am always so fascinated with all the cultural differences. I googled it and I think they look creepy lol

I didn't learn about this until I was an adult either. But I don't think it would have mattered much, because my family wasn't Christian so they would not have used this contraption. IF I just learned about it through a friend from school, I don't think it would have the same impact.

Back