Draw the villager above you + your favorite villager! [Open!]

chewies

Bells
Now open!!
If you have any questions or comments, you can find the chatbox thread here!
(To all you guys who are posting, thank you for being interested! Also thanks for dealing with my cluttered thread. I was really excited about this idea and I didn't plan too well. I'm hoping to get a little gift ready for the "beta testers" who are here and very confused. Working on straightening things up! You can still post thoguh.) I apologize in advance for anything that goes weird.

NOTES:Please read everything in this post! (Or at least the rules and the want to join section.) Edit your posts with the updates please!!!

acnlwhatisthis_by_ciear-d8phkia.png

This is an art thread for the purpose of gathering art of villagers for everyone in the ACNL community! I thought it would be fun to collect art of villagers, and this idea came to mind! It's similar to those "do ____ for the person above you" posts. You say what your favorite villager is, and then you draw your villager and the villager above you! Preferably, these drawings would be interactions between the two villagers. I hope you join! I do apologize that this is long. Very long. But I hope it will be successful. //prays

Acnlrules.jpg

1. You can join as many times as you want, but please finish one request before you move on to the next.

2. There's no request time that you have to get the art done by, it's all on your own schedule, as the art is not for somebody. You are not receiving art in this thread, it's meant for everybody to enjoy. This way, even if you are a very busy person, you can always doodle this in your free time!

3. Only join if you do plan on doing one. I'd hate if someone's request never gets filled.

4. No idle chat on this thread please! I want to keep it as clean as possible so people can easily find what villager they will be drawing. If you see someone's art you especially like, you can always send them little tbt tips (wink wink) There is a chatbox for this thread, that can be found here

5. Have fun with your art! I want this to be as unstressful as possible for you artists. I know art can be stressful sometimes. Although someone will be expecting the art, they aren't paying you, and can enjoy the other art that's been made!

6. THIS IS NOT FOR DRAWING MAYORS. This is villagers only. Please do not draw mayors in your art. (I'm not telling you that it's forbidden, because if you have an idea for an interaction that requires a mayor, by all means do it. I personally prefer that the mayor look pretty basic, like ones that you find when you just google "animal crossing", but I can't stop you from drawing what you want.)
7. PLEASE DO NOT STEAL ARTWORK.

8. Villagers MUST be animals. No humans or gijinkas. You are free to do those on your own, but the goal I have in mind is strictly villagers as they are.

acnlwhatamidrawing.jpg

You will be drawing two villagers. One villager will be your choice, and the other is the villager the person who posted above you chose. You can find the link to all ACNL villagers here for references on appearance and personalities.

Q: Who am I drawing?
A: You are only required to draw the villager that the person directly above you wants drawn. The rest is up to you.
If the post above you is set up how I intended, it should look like:
Villager above me!: ~
Villager I want drawn: ~

you would be drawing the "villager I want drawn" of the person above you.

When you make your post, it should be the same format, except for the villager you are drawing for the person above you should go in the first part, and the villager YOU want to be drawn should be second.

//From here, feel free to skip to the Want to Join section and come back after you've posted. This part is about the drawing.

Q: How am I drawing them?
A: Anyway you want! Preferably they would be interacting with each other, based on their personalities. That's mostly just my personal goal for these, as I think that would be super cute and a great addition to the community! I think it would be really great if you took a look at the biographies for both villagers and drew something that would reflect that. For example you could have them talking (with text and/or with emotions like they do in the game). Ideas of how they interact in the world could be doing things like catching bugs and fish, digging up things, chopping down trees, shopping at nooks, able sisters, kicks, etc. Pretty much anything that's kind of like ACNL lifestyley.

Q: What style am I drawing in?
A: This is totally up to you. Different artists have different styles. As long as it is easy to tell what villagers you drew (even if you label it on the drawing) anything goes! This is meant to be relaxing for you. If you want to try new styles, be my guest. If you are more comfortable drawing in your own style than animal crossing's style, please do! However, as stated in the rules, they must be animals, not human or gijinka versions of the villagers.

Q: Can I draw multiple villagers?
A: Yes! As many as you want, as long as the two that you are supposed to be drawing are the main focus. However I don't want you to stress, so don't worry about reaching any expectations and just enjoy yourself. (believe me, I feel the artist stress)

Q: Does it have to be colored?
A: It's not required, but colors are always lovely.

Q: Where do I post the art?
A: You will be posting the art in the same thread that you submitted your entry into this little thread. (more details will be listed below in the "Want to Join" section)

Q: I'm not very good at art, but this is a great idea!
A: JOIN. JOIN. JOIN. If thinking you aren't very good is the only reason you aren't joining, then join! Think of it as practice to get better! You also don't have to worry about disappointing anyone like you would with a commission because no one is paying you, and this is all on your own time. It's an art gift that you are giving to the community. If you're scared the person who requested won't like whatever you draw, just join anyway! It's not specifically for them, it's not their characters. (I mean, if they want more art of a certain character they can always join again.)

If you have any other questions, you can ask me in the chatbox, and I'll post the answer there and here for others to see as reference!

acnlwanttojoin.jpg
I'm glad you're interested in joining!
I don't want anybody's request to be missed, and I want posts to be clear for the next person in line. So, there are rules for how to join.
If your post doesn't meet the requirements, I'll try send you a PM with this set of rules attached so you can fix your post.

PLEASE NOTE: You do not need to post the art at the same time that you request!

Step 1: Make a post with a greeting to let me know that you have read the rules.

Step 2: Refresh the page and see who is above you. Edit the post you just made (leaving the greeting at the beginning) and add these two details. Please bold at least the villager you want drawn like shown here:
Villager above me!: (the villager that the person above you wants to be drawn)
Villager I want drawn: (the villager you want drawn.)

Step 3: Time to make art! You have all the time you need, have fun with it!

Step 4: Post your art! Find the post you originally made with the villager above me and villager I want drawn details. Just add the art to that post, this way it is not confusing for someone who is just joining the thread! Feel free to add any little comments to it that you want, as long as you EDIT the original post you made.

Step 5: I will be collecting a masterlist of all the art that has been made! Of course, I will credit you. If for some reason you prefer I leave you off that master list, just say so! If you're okay with it, just finish editing your post and you are finished! You are free to create another post to do another drawing if you wish.

Step 6:Optional, but you can post your art on the chatbox thread, with a "Hey chewies, my art is finished!", that way it might get up on the list faster.

Here's how I meant it to go (if it strays from this a little, that's okay, as long as the end result is the same!)

1st poster
Villager above me!: n/a
Villager I want Drawn: Nan

2nd poster
Villager above me!: Nan
Villager I want Drawn: Freya

3rd
Villager above me!: Freya
Villager I want Drawn: Twiggy!

etc.

acnlgifts.jpg
Originally I was just going to tip artists here and there, but gifts make things more fun!

All gifts will be TBT, but relatively low amounts as I plan to give away to a lot of people.
- Gifts will be gifted after you submit the art that you are receiving the gift for!
- Gifts sent by me will always start with a message that says "Gift: why you received gift"
Also, I want to make this fun for everybody, even those who don't think they are too great at art. You are still encouraged to join, and you have fair chance to win prizes!

GIFTS TO BE RECEIVED
First three artists to submit art will receive gifts!
(to receive these gifts, you must post your art here in this thread according to the steps, as well as in the chatbox thread so I know the order they come in.)
First: 12 tbt
Second: 8 tbt
Third: 4 tbt

First: 12 tbt (Shirohibiki)
Second: 8 tbt (audino)
Third: 4 tbt (NightDelight)

Last poster on every page receives 3 tbt!
Shirohibiki
audino
spCrossing
Money Hunter
StrawberryCrem
bitterlings

Drawings that have my villagers in them receive 2 tbt! These are surprise, and my villagers may change.
Note: you can only receive this gift if one of my villagers is the one of the two required for you to draw, not if you simply choose to include it.
LeilaChan - cube

Special mentions: These are for arts that I think are exactly what I had in mind when I made this thread. Special mentions will receive anywhere between 5-10 tbt (depending on how much extra I have available).

Acnlfinishedart.jpg
This is where I'll post the finished art. I hope to keep this not too cluttered and easy to navigate. Bare with me, I'll do my best to get the submissions on the list asap.
On the finished art list, only special mentions will have a heart by their name!

MOVED: I have moved the Finished Art thread to the chatbox.

//also so i removed the about me section cause it was kinda long and probably a reason some people may have not read some of the more important stuff such as you were supposed to draw two villagers together, but for some reason it's still attached at the bottom?? idk

Attachments

• acnlaboutme.jpg
    acnlaboutme.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
I won't be doing one, but the first person to join will get 5 tbt.
This is an example post for what I'm looking the next posts are.
Bold what is bolded please! It makes it much easier for me to put it.

Hello!

Villager above me!: N/A
Villager I want drawn!: Nan

(If i was drawing art, I would edit this post and put the art here after I have finished it)

Last edited:
nannchevre_by_ichigo_kun-d8pimr4.png
i need to learn how to draw animals again.

Villager I Want Drawn: Freya

I'll bite.

EDIT: Snooty wolves.

whitefrey_zpsegdyskbw.png

Flipped

For the person below me: Twiggy please!

Last edited:
Hello there,
I assume I'm supposed to draw Freya and Twiggy together?

Last edited:
Hello there,
I assume I'm supposed to draw Freya and Twiggy together?

No, you're only supposed to draw the character requested by the post above you.

Post first, edit in your completed picture later, I believe this is so there aren't any mishaps where two people draw the same request.

I'll draw Ruby!

IMG_8504.jpg
Sorry, haven't drawn in forever and I suck at drawing anyway ;p

Villager I want drawn: Kabuki!

Last edited:
I gotcha!

margeshep_zpsmcgoxvho.png

Hopefully I got it right this time, I think I got it wrong last time haha

Villager above me: Margie
Villager I want Drawn: Shep :)

Last edited:
tumblr_nmrfh5QtEI1sokhwwo1_540.png

Gotcha!

Villager above me!: Shep
Villager I want Drawn: Rooney

Last edited:
Villager above me: Drift
Villager I want drawn: Pierce

NGeoZU9.jpg

Sorry for the sketchiness.. I may add color eventually and edit that one in ~
I also suck at frogs...

(btw guys, I think we're supposed to draw both villagers. Not just the one above us)

Last edited:
Awright.

mufpierce_zpsbbpdd1fl.png

Villager above me: Pierce
Villager I want Drawn: hb.. Muffy

Last edited:
tumblr_nmx8himuAh1sokhwwo1_540.png

Sowee I took so long with this.

Villager above me: Muffy
Villager I want Drawn: Vesta

Last edited:
Oh yeah?! Well..