• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Does it matter which map we choose?

Oh no! How did you find out?! (.;゚;:益:;゚;.)

I'm not 100% positive, I found these on Reddit. Highly positive on plaza, airport, and dock. Moderately positive on the others.

I still want to know if there are simple maps that divide the island in half.

I really, really don't want a complicated map where you need to call Resetti to teleport you home, or have to pole vault anywhere. (Both seem absurd.)

I mean, I want to know so I don't spend hours resetting for one.

at the start kinda but once get access to landscaping not really

I considered map resetting for fruit possibly but I kind of don't really care anymore. I've never really care about grass type either and I don't even know what I have in my own towns lol. I might stalk the boards a bit to see what other people are resetting for and then decide whether I want to do it. For example, if resetting refreshes the 4 types of map they show, or if those are the defaults that you can terraform later (I don't think they confirmed this in the Direct). I plan on playing this pretty slowly so it might take a while until I get to the terraforming bit, although that definitely rests my concerns on worrying about river types from the get go.

Even if you don't feel like resetting, it would still be worth picking your favorite out of the 4. We don't know how long it will take to unlock those construction permits to be able to start changing things. You will definitely be stuck with your default layout for at least some amount of time.

I still want to know if there are simple maps that divide the island in half.

I really, really don't want a complicated map where you need to call Resetti to teleport you home, or have to pole vault anywhere. (Both seem absurd.)

I mean, I want to know so I don't spend hours resetting for one.

I don't think there are maps like you describe; there were different maps shown in the Japanese version of the direct, but all 8 maps had two river mouths into the ocean with the Plaza located in between. I'm sure you can end up with a pretty straightforward map with maybe the two river mouths not that far apart, not too much meandering in the river, etc, but it seems like a branch river of some kind is a given.

I don't think there are maps like you describe; there were different maps shown in the Japanese version of the direct, but all 8 maps had two river mouths into the ocean with the Plaza located in between. I'm sure you can end up with a pretty straightforward map with maybe the two river mouths not that far apart, not too much meandering in the river, etc, but it seems like a branch river of some kind is a given.

Hopefully there's one like you said.
That could be easily fixed later on. :)

I mean you'll be able to terraform. I'm just going to look for a good "town square" location. If it's in a spot I like then I'll pick it. I'll also be resetting for other things so I'm hoping I get a good one.

Me, the fool who had no idea rolling for triangle or circle grass was even a thing.

EQBVHpnX4AESwNe.jpg

I believe we're not going to be able to move the Plaza, Airport, or Secret Beach. So for me those are things I'm going to be resetting for.

I'm not 100% positive, I found these on Reddit. Highly positive on plaza, airport, and dock. Moderately positive on the others.

Thankies for the info! This changes EVERYTHING!
I will be resetting for placements now ╭︎(ಠ_ಠ٥)╮︎

Well, I guess it will matter at some point, like (as mentioned) for placements of the permanent buildings for example. I for myself will reset for a map with a nice general layout (mostly looking for how the river is) and will work with it then.

I feel like the four maps will be the same for everyone. But since we can change them in the end it doesnt really matter does it?

Back