• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Does frequently changing time/date on 3ds affect HHD in any way?

amanda1983

Bells
Coco
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Leif
Poptart Easter Egg
Poptart Easter Egg
Flea
Tasty Cake
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Spring Shamrock
I just bought HHD last night and have installed the update but am yet to start playing. I've tried searching in these forums as well as on google but haven't found an answer to my exact question. Apologies if I missed the answer somewhere, please link it (or give me the keywords to find it myself) if at all possible in that case.

I have two copies of AC:NL, digital on my AC 3DS XL and physical on my 2DS. I'm likely to get a HHD New 3DS XL (with digital download code for HHD) in the next week or two, but for now will be using my physical copy of HHD on my AC 3DS XL.

I've read the OP in the FAQ thread here, and a couple dozen pages in addition. So I know that there is a"day" and "night" but nothing like main AC games have in terms of real time gameplay. Because of how I play AC:NL, my 3DS clock is often being set forwards or occassionally backwards to "keep up" with ingame stuff I miss when not playing, or to redo turnip buying/selling stuff. Since I don't want to change how I play NL, I want to know if this will have any consequences in HHD before I start if possible.

Thanks for reading this and any information would be greatly appreciated. Once I decided against getting HHD while it was still on pre-order (those trailers I saw were terrible, just not a game for me at all), I kinda blocked all HHD stuff out which was fine until last week. Now I'm trying to play catchup in a hurry!

Last edited:
No, it won't affect it. HHD has day/night sections and aren't affected by the clock like acnl is at all! It's in game days! .w.

Phew! Thanks so much for letting me know Qwerty111! I couldn't wait any longer so have started playing already. I was planning to write down the time and date each time I finish playing so I can make sure to reset 3ds time to keep the game's time moving forward whenever I play HHD after AC:NL.. which was going to get old *very* fast tbh. I didn't want to mess with the timeline in case it mattered - but I'm so relieved it does not! That makes everything much easier for me, yay!!!

Back