• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does anyone else just regret looking at the Happy Home Network?

Sometimes it's nice to look just for inspiration's sake, if you're coming up with a lot of stale ideas or are in a creative "block" of some kind. But if you're happy with what you're doing at the moment (like, right now) I think it could definitely be a blow to the ego to go through the Happy Home Network houses and see all these fancy things other people have done. It can become difficult not to compare your own designs to things that others are doing, but at the end of the day, it only matters what you're doing on your own. Try not to let it get to you! <3

im actually the opposite i go through and see a bunch and think "wow mine are way better than this" oops

but every once in a while i come upon an absolute gem but that just makes me more motivated to become a better deisgner

I have not yet looked. I didn't realize you could :O I like to think i am a pretty good designer, as my friends are all in awe of my houses :3

When the game first came out I got hard core into it.
Was making tons of houses everyday and unlocking all kinds of things and then going back to certain villagers and redesigning their houses and making them nice.
Honestly I don't feel bad, I look at it as inspiration.

I had misplaced my copy of HHD but found it today, started over and have gotten back into it.
I feel like if you play it more you get more of a sense of what looks good vs what looks bad, in your vision.
I'm making houses look fairly decent with barely anything and it's just because I've done it so many times.

So no I don't feel bad. In fact I love going in there and looking at the awesome designs and taking some inspiration away from it. I don't copy anything but note certain things I think look nice and maybe use it the next time I make a house.
:3c

I don't feel bad at all actually. At first I did, but I realized that anyone can be that good at home designing. Personally, I got bored of the game after a while, and I only get on once in a while to design homes. I strive to be creative with home layouts, and I see that one reason other homes look so nice is because they might just have a different style. I look at mine and there is a specific way I design each home, and so I'm used to my designing skills.

I actually love looking at the Happy Home Network. I think it's interesting how other people design their villager houses, and it motivates me to be more creative.

I love looking at other players work and taking home some of their patterns. I love the wooden decks and water patterns.
I play late a night and try to look thru the new work. Always leave a rating before a leave.

My houses or buildings will never get high ratings. I'm okay with that because I like my houses/buildings.

Sometimes, yes but at the same time no ones house is exactly perfect and we all have our own styles and ideas so making your own houses the way you want is so ideal! Its yours, you made it and its totally unique to anything else other people have created!

I like looking at it to see which of my designs got any likes cause it helps me to know what works in the future if I'm making a house to be submitted! Also sometimes helps me get ideas for new floor plans of furniture, as I think i have certain furniture formations I tend to stick to not on purpose but out of habit.

Back