• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you think the developers were on a time crunch?

I don't think so. Glitches happen. It's unfortunate some have taken longer than others to fix but I also can understand that it may be more complicated than we understand. I highly doubt Nintendo would have went certain lengths if they didn't care about the franchise and producing a quality sequel.
I think Nintendo is clearly testing a new manner of introducing much of the content people know/love from older games. I don't really think it's evidence of them releasing an unfinished game.
Personally, I like the idea of how they're going to be updating/patching in content. I can understand why some do not like it though. I do think the majority of people need to calm down, take a deep breath, and let the game maybe be out for half a year first. But it's whatever.

Doesn't anyone remember that delay that they told us since they wanted to refine some more things? I still wonder if thats the reason why there has been some questionable features, or lack there of, I mean they left out the paintings after all and added it in an update, while this is a great thing that they are adding these things back it makes me wonder if they pushed new items and ignored the past iconic stuff.

This game has so many severe glitches, more than I have ever seen in any mainstream Nintendo game... yes all games get released with some glitches as many are saying but this is unprecedented for Nintendo. I love this game, I've got like 150+ hours on it, but yeah I firmly believe it was time crunched

(I've come to believe the missing features added by DLC was intentional and not evidence of time crunch, and I'm even starting to see a few positives of the idea, but I'm still mad about the lack of communication regarding it. No past AC game has operated like this and it's a major paradigm shift for old school players even if it's not uncommon strategy for modern games. Ninty why must you be so oblique about everything sighs)

Have you ever seen the development of the Sims 4?
Every glitch they patch seems to create 5 new ones that they miss, and I hardly think you could justify calling that game "rushed" or "unfinished" at this point.
It's just how game design works. Coding can really, really suck

Back