• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you play truthfully?

brewster22

Bells
In past animal crossing games I would cheat and do the time travel cheat to make lots of bells. But, doing this would ruin the fun of the game for me. Later I learned it's better to just play faithfully instead of cheating. I just feel like its better to be happy and broke rather than to have millions of bells and be unhappy. I definately want fo take my time in new leaf so I can prolong the fun in the game. I don't want to ruin a good game for the sake of being rich. What are your thoughts?

I only really time traveled in the past to get to holidays and to catch certain fish/bugs I was missing. Call it cheating if you will, either way I would still probably do it to finish my museum.

I do until 2-3 years go by then idc if I TT.

After having WW for about 2 years and completing everything on my own, I bought an AR and did crazy stuff to my town and made myself a millionaire, gave stuff away. Things like that, but only after I completed all that could be completed.

I don't like Time Traveling, but sadly I feel compelled to this time. Not saying I will... It's just I want to get my character looking the way I want her to. Seeing as I don't have Wi-Fi, I'm pretty much screwed in that department unless I time travel. =(

I'm probably just going to time travel back to today so that I can be on the same page as everyone who is getting their copy today, mine won't be delivered until tomorrow :p
After that, I won't touch my time setting in any way. I feel that playing this game without time travelling is truly the most relaxing way to enjoy it =)

lol my sister already made it thanksgiving

I won't time travel but I can tell some people already have because their dream suite is already open xD The Dream Suite is very tempting to have right away but I'll wait. I have all summer. ^^

i used to time travel but now i wont in this game
i really wanna enjoy it

I used to do it all the time, typically at the start of the game to get me out of Nook's Cranny because he sells nothing whatsoever. I also remember skipping to every saturday to get almost all of K.K.'s songs. However, now I don't really do it because picking the weeds feels more like a chore and it just sucks the fun out of the game. Plus, it feels much more gratifying to see all your hard work payed off once you've finished upgrading your house.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with time traveling.
In fact the way AC is based on real life days is something I REALLY don't like.
Things come up and I get busy, plus on holidays I am with family and friends.
Also it's really tiring having to wait days until your house or whatever project is done.

I time travel a day on my main game. It was mostly because all the stuff was closed yesterday and I wanted my house. Just one day. My other game I just started in OCT. I don't see it as cheating. I like fall the best.

I did not play truthfully when I was younger. I constantly cheated, which I regret now. I fully oppose any kind of cheating. Even minor things, like Time Traveling.

Funny how I did when I was younger... >_>

I don't Time Travel, it ruins the realness of the game for me. Part of the integrity of the game is having to be patient and wait for events/achievements/etc. and I don't want to compromise that for a short term want.

I am not planning on time travelling unless absolutely necessary. And if I do, will only go one day ahead or one day before, or maybe a few hours.
I didn't cheat on WW until I accomplished pretty much everything and there was nothing else I could do and I got bored of the game. After I cheated on it and had fun with it I usually restarted the town and yeah.
I'm not going to cheat on NL because what's the point there's sooo much to do already

I used to time travel, but the game got boring a lot faster. So now I don't time travel. It defeats the purpose of the game.

Back