Do you like Ostriches?

I LOVE the ostriches! I didn't realize Queenie wasn't in ACNL until I saw it mentioned here. Now I miss her lol!

I love Flora, the second I saw her I knew I had to have her. Gladys is also super cute and I love her house too. They are all so special because they have such a unique shape to them.

Don't forget Blanche the stork :blush: my personal favorite.

I thought Blanche was a Swan/Whooper Swan!

Either way she is beautiful.

----

Ostriches are my favourite villagers, tied with Anteaters of course!

All of them have unique designs:

Flora = Flamingo ♥
Julia = Peahen ♥
Phil = Pheasant
Blanche = Swan/Whooper Swan
Gladys = Red Crowned Crane
Phoebe = Phoenix
Sprocket = Robot Ostrich

Sandy and Queenie are the only actual Ostriches in the game if we're talking about design, they both have good designs though!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I LOVE the ostriches! I didn't realize Queenie wasn't in ACNL until I saw it mentioned here. Now I miss her lol!

Queenie is in New Leaf. :eek:

Don't worry!!!

I don't really like them personally but I like how different they all are and Gladys is pretty cute.

I thought Blanche was a Swan/Whooper Swan!

Either way she is beautiful.

----

Ostriches are my favourite villagers, tied with Anteaters of course!

All of them have unique designs:

Flora = Flamingo ♥
Julia = Peahen ♥
Phil = Pheasant
Blanche = Swan/Whooper Swan
Gladys = Red Crowned Crane
Phoebe = Phoenix
Sprocket = Robot Ostrich

Sandy and Queenie are the only actual Ostriches in the game if we're talking about design, they both have good designs though!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Queenie is in New Leaf. :eek:

Don't worry!!!

add in Cranston - I guessed he might be a Crane (given he's white and his name), I looked him up and from the wiki got this:
His name may be a pun on "crane" since he looks like one. His Japanese name refers to the Ibis, a bird found in Japan.
I like him cos he fits my town and he's lazy. Useful info on the others, thanks! (I knew about Phoebe cos I've got her as well).

Last edited:
They're not necessarily my favourite villager type, but they have some pretty cool unique designs and I wouldn't mind having some of them - I've had Phil and Phoebe before and I liked them both!

I love the ostrich villagers. I think they have some of the best character models in game, and I love the elegant feel that they all have. My absolute favourite is Blanche because for some reason she reminds me of a shrine maiden, and I imagine shrine maidens to be so elegant and refined, which is why I like her so much. That and she really fits the snooty personality. I love her colour scheme too, because it's subtle and not too in your face.

I do! Phil was an original in one of my towns and I -love- him, he's so sassy. Phoebe is so cute too, plus an uchi!

add in Cranston - I guessed he might be a Crane (given he's white and his name), I looked him up and from the wiki got this:
His name may be a pun on "crane" since he looks like one. His Japanese name refers to the Ibis, a bird found in Japan.
I like him cos he fits my town and he's lazy. Useful info on the others, thanks! (I knew about Phoebe cos I've got her as well).

I forgot about Cranston. :eek:

The red tip on his beak is just a dead giveaway that he's an Ibis, can't believe I forgot about him.

Last edited:
my first (and so far only) animal crossing town had 2 ostriches as starting villagers, blanche and flora. i befriended them both. i'm not sure if that affects my opinion on ostriches or not, but i do like them. i can't really think of any i dislike. they all seem pretty neat.

Never had one before Phoebe. I like her alot. She is beautiful and a little bit sassy and sarcastic. Just my style! ;)

This thread has me thinking about all the ostriches.

I have a few scattered about but now it makes me want an all ostrich town with a cranky...

Now who would be a good cranky hmmm - a bird? An Eagle? A penguin? Someone else? One of the wolves?

I think the Ostrich villagers are cool. I think Gladys/Julia might be my favorite of the ostriches.. I used to think Queenie was cool but she's in my current town and I can't stand her. I want her to leave so bad. :(

How SO very random and perfect. My 16yo Daughter LOVES Ostriches in RL and in game. Hhoney, Frank the Eagle is an AWESOME Cranky. I have had him in almost all of my towns. Other than him I'm preferable to Wolfgang the Cranky Wolf.

I forgot all about them! I adore Flora's design so much.

- - - Post Merge - - -

How SO very random and perfect. My 16yo Daughter LOVES Ostriches in RL and in game. Hhoney, Frank the Eagle is an AWESOME Cranky. I have had him in almost all of my towns. Other than him I'm preferable to Wolfgang the Cranky Wolf.

I love Frank so much. He's in my current town on New Leaf. Getting his amiibo card and using it was such a good decision.

They're one of my favourite species! Gladys was the first I ever saw in my Wild World town. I fell in love instantly. Especially those adorable chick-like eyes. :)

Back