Do you like being touched?

Do you like being touched (in nice/friendly ways)

• Yes

Votes: 77 56.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 43.8%

• Total voters
I actually really love being touched. Mostly just my girlfriend, but I would probably cuddle with any guy or girl permitted I don't find them disgusting

I think human affection is so important to our mental well-being. Of course I don't like being hugged by people I don't know.

But I do love hugging/kissing cheeks my friends and family. I cuddle on a daily basis with my boyfriend and it makes me feel so content and safe.

Conclusion; no hugging/hand-holding/anything really from anyone I don't know. However once I'm friends with someone I will hug them or kiss their cheek (cheek to cheek) when I greet them or say good bye. I think it helps build bonds between you and the people you care about.

I love all forms of physical affection, e.g. hand holding, head on shoulder, arm on waist... & I absolutely love cuddling and taking naps together. Some of my friends can't stand that kind of thing, and I just don't get it. I can't get enough :rolleyes:

I dunno, it depends on the person. maybe if it was a significant other, close friend, or someone else I trust

um, i don't think i do? i mean i like to hug people and holding hands occasionally, but when people touch my shoulders unexpectedly or even just in general i freak out and let out a little scream. also when people grab my throat it makes me go into a state of panic, which is pretty natural but it's probably one of the worst feelings lol

This is such a weird thread to put my opinion on.

But if its in nice/friendly ways, I don't mind.

If its just to be annoying, meh...

Last edited:
I love being touched in all the ways Beardo listed. But when a stranger hugs me it kind of creeps me out.

Depends on who touches me. There are certain people I don't like getting hugs from. Either they smell bad or they make me feel uncomfortable. Also, people have a tendency of touching my hair, so recently I've started putting hair cream in it. That way, they'll stop doing it.

Wow, we manged to get a full 8 pages of people handling this topic/the way it was worded maturely! Woohoo!

I used to be very, very affectionate with all my friends. I would jump at the chance for hugs and if we ever had "camp-outs" (which were basically just weekends where we'd haul out tents and sleep in somebody's backyard, rather than actually camping anywhere) one would usually find me in the middle of a big snuggle pile by the time morning came. In the years since, though, I've cut contact with a lot of those friends and so, being touched by anyone but my partner is startling and strange now. If all my online friends lived closer we would probably flop all over each other, but realistically speaking... not gonna happen.

So it's a yes and a no. Sometimes I'm out with my cousin - we've been around each other constantly since birth, lol, so he's kind of like a sibling/bff - but he's never been touchy-feely, so it always surprises me when he claps a hand down on my shoulder or ruffles my hair or something. I hate that my first instinct now is to tense up, because like I said before, I used to be all about physical contact. I would hold my friends' hands when we walked around malls or went down to the convenience store to share sodas or whatever. It's just such a foreign feeling now and I don't see that changing anytime soon, given the fact that once you're an adult, this kind of thing isn't considered as innocent or acceptable anymore.

In my defense, its been ages since I last saw AoStH anything.

I should grab its DVDs though, since its certainly among my favorite Sonic things. Along with the Sonic CD OVA.

Yeah, its been ages as well.

Its a dumb show, but I love it..

I like hugs from my family and I guess you could call them "bro hugs" with my one best friend when we see each other a couple times a year since he lives a distance. If I had a girlfriend cuddling would be something I'd love.

I used to hate any physical contact with a passion. People knew they needed permission to hug me. Now I'm okay with it tbh. Hugs show affection without the awkward words lmao, and I want people to know I'm there. :)

so it works like this:

i want to hug someone but im not sure if i should because im terrified of them not liking it
i love hugging people but i never do because im too scared

90% of my friends hate hugs what is life

Back