Do animals get mad if you send them fake art?

superblooper

Seasonal Party Animal 🎉
Bells
Colton gave me a fake painting, and now I want to send it back to him to teach that silly horse a lesson about getting people's hopes up =P

Is it the same as sending a villager trash, or do they like the fake art?

Never buy off a villager if they try and sell paintings and sculptures...

Err, that's not completely sound advice. I've gotten plenty of real art from my villagers before, fake ones too of course.
It's like a take your chances thing.

Last edited:
Err, that's not completely sound advice. I've gotten plenty of real art from my villagers before, fake ones too of course.
It's like a take your chances thing.

She's basically just saying if you're not in the mood to buy fake art then just don't even take the chance at all.

She's basically just saying if you're not in the mood to buy fake art then just don't even take the chance at all.

Sorry, it didn't come across that way. It's hard to read sarcasm through forum posts.
Also, I have insomnia. xD

Well it doesn't matter.. if you wanna waste money then go ahead lol

I've bought way too many fake things so I just gave up -_-

Last edited:
Well it doesn't matter.. if you wanna waste money then go ahead lol

I've bought way too many fake things so I just gave up -_-

Urgh I understand that. xD
I've gotten lucky lately and my villagers gave me four pieces of real art that I didn't have before with in the last month or so.
That almost makes up for the fakes they've given me.

Klaus had four fake paintings displayed in his house at one time. Guess he really loved that fake art I gave him back. ;)

Lol! This is great. Yeah, my smuggies really love selling me art (sometimes they give it to me for free). A lot of the time it's real, but sometimes it's fake. (Eh, what do animals know about fine art?) It's good to know I can send it back, because it would actually look nice in his house (unlike the rocket he bought off me, lol!)

Last edited:
If you are good enough friends with them sometimes they will give it to you for free. Lionel and Beardo have done that before they've offered to sell me art for like 7000 and I had a good amount of bells so I said sure and then they're all "Oh, that's expensive I feel bad, here just have it for free cause we're friends." Or whatever. Might be a smug thing cause they're the ones who try and sell me art the most often.

I doubt it, this game is even more saccharine than the previous versions, the villagers pretty much never get mad at you lol.

I just sent Quillson back his stupid fake Jolly Painting yesterday..he isn't mad that I know of.

Marshal and Julian have given me quite a few fake paintings. They even felt guilty and given me a couple for free. XD lol, um thanks guys.

But Fuchsia and Muffy (both uchis) have given me TONS of real art. Quite a few fake ones too, but still at less than $5000 a pop, it's worth the risk to me. I've already completed my museum, and when it's a real piece of art, I trade it for around 250K or more. So 1 real one makes up for a bunch of fake ones. I also think the higher your level of friendship, the fewer fake ones they give you.

One time I kept talking to Fuchsia, and she gave me 3 real paintings in a row. :D

Marshal and Julian have given me quite a few fake paintings. They even felt guilty and given me a couple for free. XD lol, um thanks guys.

But Fuchsia and Muffy (both uchis) have given me TONS of real art. Quite a few fake ones too, but still at less than $5000 a pop, it's worth the risk to me. I've already completed my museum, and when it's a real piece of art, I trade it for around 250K or more. So 1 real one makes up for a bunch of fake ones. I also think the higher your level of friendship, the fewer fake ones they give you.

One time I kept talking to Fuchsia, and she gave me 3 real paintings in a row. :D

Omg I was just gonna say that lol

Marshal and Julian (both smugs) always try to sell me paintings at 7052 bells or something (around 7k) and when I bought a few they were all fake. Sometimes they'll say since they feel bad for charging so much they'll give it to you for free. I guess they hav some conscience selling fake ones, or maybe they really don't know LOL. And now I never buy paintings for 7k to higher. When I refuse they say "oh I was just trying to see if you'd fall for a terrible deal" or something like that. =P

On the other hand, Fuschia (Uchi) sold me 2 real flowery paintings for around 4k bells. So idk if it's the personality thing, but yeah... I don't buy paintings from smugs xD

Sooo...what you're saying is...you'd love to sell me some paintings, right? ;)

Back