• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Describe your saddest moment on Animal Crossing!

I think the saddest moment for me was when I lost Stitches because he moved out without my permission. When I was determined to do the 16-villager cycle just for him, another one of my Dreamies, Lolly, also left. At that point, I gave up and restarted a new town. (Yes, I got too affected I-) In the end though, that moment happened 3 years ago, and now I'm in my best town.

When Rudy boxed up without telling me, hands down. I think I actually cried because I really loved him, I also stopped playing for a bit after that lmao

Well, the first villager I ever met with was Chief. He was basically the pure reason I kept playing my Wild World since I had lost intrest in actually playing. So, eventually Chief left. I had cried and cried. Then Wolfgang moved in, he was literally my best friend, ok. I get that's weird but I was like 6. I loved him to pieces. Heck, I even make a character dedicated to him. I called her Wolfgirl and dressed her up in the wolf hat. I had to leave my game for awhile. I came back, everything was fine. Keep in mind I was 6 or 7 and had no clue you could stop villagers from moving out. I time travelled. Oh lord. I wish I hadn't. Wolfgang was missing. The infamous no present letter in my mailbox from Wolfgang came in. I knew. I ran downstairs and cried my eyes out. My guardians asked what was wrong and I screamed 'Wolfgang left' I haven't time traveled again, nor have I touched the game again. I saved the letter in my acww post office. it's probably still there. Even to this day I've had Wolfgang twice and he refuses to stay.

i stopped playing for a few months and hamphrey (my guiding star) moved away. now i have a memorial dedicated to him where his house used to be lol

I think the saddest parts of New Leaf has to be that most of my friends don't play it anymore. And if they do, they just exclude me from it and have a big get together. Yes, they're not really friends...I see that now lol.

When I had to sell my 3DS XL and my hard copy of ACNL after my husband threw me out. I have severe social anxiety and hated leaving the house because I was afraid I would be judged. Plus, I wasn't allowed out by myself. I left my apartment by myself twice in 5 years. I pretty much played ACNL, so that I could have some form of social interaction and I became really attached to my villagers.

Its been two years since I sold my system. I'm glad I'll be able to play again soon.

When Pate moved out because I had been playing Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon too much and not checking enough for move out pings.

My friend wanted to play my 3DS and reset my town I was moving everything but she give me enough time to cycle the villagers she was really impatient.. and I reset it while my faves: Lucky, Stitches, Ruby, Pietro, and Frita..

My saddest AC:NL moment was probably when Julian left without telling me after living in my town for a year. That literally caused me physical pain. The update was a lifesaver or me, because I was able to get him back.

My best friend in my old town was Sly...I felt a special connection to him.
But I needed to restart my town because I hated the name I chose and I had to leave him behind...it still makes me sad thinking about it. I miss Sly.

My saddest moment was probably when my old New Leaf town corrupted back in July of 2015. I had only had the game for 14 months and I had already put in at least 425 hours on it. It took me 3 days to work up the courage to make a new town. I used to be able to visit my old town via Dream Suite, but since the update got rid of all the old dream addresses, the original Boston is gone forever. I think if my new town corrupted, I would be absolutely heart broken.

I still miss that old town...

I really hated my town... I hated it soooooo much it was unreal! The river was in the wrong spot, the fruit was ugly, everything was ugly! I hated the locations of everything... but the only thing I enjoyed was my two best friends Purrl and Kid Cat. It was a hard choice between choosing to reset and staying for the two... but when I reset I immediately regretted it. On my new towns bulletin board there is even a tribute to all of my villagers, even Annalisa who I HATE! I miss Kid Cat and Purrl so much.... but I'm really happy in my new town I've gotten two of my dream villagers, Bob and Dotty.

First time I caught a banded dragonfly. "I have no room for it. Oh well. I'll just let it go."

Back