Deleted.

in high school i tricked myself into thinking i was really REALLY into harry potter because all my classmates liked it even though i thought i was just okay huhu but looking back i really didn't care for it all that much before i met those people? (and now i don't want to go anywhere near the franchise at all but that's less about interest and more about j.k. being.... not a good person)

and not about liking something but instead pretending to dislike but there was a time when i was younger and had to pretend i didn't like someone because my friends were trashing them and wanted to know what i thought :( and then after that they told the person that i said i didn't like them which is :/

moral of the story is to just be true to how you feel because you're not sure how people would twist what you say to appease them :/

I feel like more often I pretended to not like stuff to fit in. People around me would joke about me liking stuff so I just kept it to myself. Honestly the one thing I got out of quarantine is that I don't care what others' opinions of me are anymore. I'll like what I like and watch/wear/listen to whatever I enjoy.

It's hard to think of a time where I've pretended to like something to fit in (though I'm sure it's happened) BUT on the flip side I have pretended to hate something in order to fit in, many times. And I've always hated doing that

Well believe it or not, I actually liked pokemon only so I wouldn't get bullied at one point, then I played pokemon black and found that I actually do like it, ive since worked on getting all the gen 3 to 5 games as those are my favorite
Post automatically merged:

Oh yeah I had to pretend to like artists like lil pump and 6ix 9ine because that's what was popular when I actually liked listening to metallica, I've since voiced my dislike for SoundCloud and extreme auto tune rappers. ( seriously, use your actual voice like snoop and Dre)

Not really. There are plenty of times I’ve been in discussions about games I’m not super fond of, but I don’t pretend to like them more than I do. Being dishonest about what you do and don’t like just seems unhealthy.

No, but I've seen other people change their whole persona to fit into a certain crowd especially when that crowd revolves around something that is a current trend etc.

Nope! I know what I like and sure maybe its made people think I am weird but guess what... I am happy liking what I want! If I hate something I will tell them kindly 😅

Back