• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Decluttering support & cheering each other on:)

Since your example has to do with AC:NL cluttering, and not so much irl cluttering, I would've posted this in the AC:NL section since you would've gotten more replies and less negativity towards it.

Maybe show how in-game hoarding and clutter can be a sign of how you hoard and are cluttered irl? Or something on the lines, since game related stuff usually doesn't belong here.

I don't understand, are you talking about real life hoarding or animal crossing hoarding???

And is the OP doing a physiological analyze of everyone's posts?

I don't know if I agree with KonMari's method or not.

I personally (mostly) use the decluttering method of this: If you haven't used the item in a year, you probably don't need it. Now, obviously, I don't apply this to 100% of things. For example, I haven't used my toilet plunger in literally a few years since the places I've lived in more recently had better toilets. But a plunger is one of those things where if you need it, you REALLY need it. So it can stay around. But for the most part, this is something very true. I used to have a LARGE book collection, and most of the time those books were just being an annoyance whenever I moved (very heavy!). They mostly just sat on the shelf being dusty. So I got rid of most of them.

That doesn't really work for a video game though. For New Leaf, here's the philosophy I use: I get rid of all re-orderables that I'm not using. If I need it again, I can just order it. No big deal. For non-re-orderables, I get rid of the ones I don't actually care for and probably won't use. If I really want it again, I can probably get it through trades or by myself in the game.

I don't get why everyone is being a douche to Munna? I'm always for decluttering my room. I'm a hoarder and I want to not be.

I have a friend that's using her method & it's really helping her clean up her life. She feels more peaceful at home & I think this method has reduced her stress. I don't know much about it because I didn't read the book & I'm not planning to but I did start folding my clothes using her method & it's so much cleaner & a lot easier to find things.

I feel like every hoarded thing I have is perfect and brings me loads of joy, so I will just keep hoarding! Hurray!

That is an interesting way to do it. I personally think that if you haven't used it in a long while, you should probably get rid of it.
I'm not a hoarder so i don't know much about this stuff but i wish anyone with a hoarding problem good luck.

Back