• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Daily Message Bottles Not Spawning.

sneakmode

♡ Stale Cupcakes ♡
Bells
Tasty Cake
New Horizons Token
Pear (Fruit)
Hey guys!

I haven't seen anyone post about this after doing a search through the forums first (unless I missed it), but has anyone else been having issues with the daily message bottle on the beach not showing up? I do quite a bit of time traveling, but never for weeks or months in a single leap. Usually I will complete all my tasks for the day, do some work on the island, villager greeting, send letters, etc. Play for a good solid 3-5 hours before moving ahead 16 or so hours to the next day.

Just recently (the past 5 days with no time traveling) I haven't received any message bottles on the beach. I've scoured everywhere, even behind the coconut trees to make sure, but nothing. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm starting to become concerned that I won't see another bottle - or perhaps that TTing may have bugged or broken the mechanic. Any input?

When you stopped time traveling did you re-sync your Switch's time with real time? If this happens, certain things cannot happen because you have already played on that day. Things like campsite villagers visiting count, and I wouldn't be surprised if message bottles counted, or even were just added in the 1.20 update. I generally don't TT and I've been able to receive daily message bottles just fine.
Other things like building moves, building ramps/bridges etc all work fine though.

Yeah, I think in the last 3 days I've only gotten like 1 if I remember correctly. But I think I saw a post where someone said they don't automatically appear when you load up the game to start the day, but they randomly wash up on shore throughout the day.

When you stopped time traveling did you re-sync your Switch's time with real time? If this happens, certain things cannot happen because you have already played on that day. Things like campsite villagers visiting count, and I wouldn't be surprised if message bottles counted, or even were just added in the 1.20 update. I generally don't TT and I've been able to receive daily message bottles just fine.
Other things like building moves, building ramps/bridges etc all work fine though.

But I think I saw a post where someone said they don't automatically appear when you load up the game to start the day, but they randomly wash up on shore throughout the day.

I did. When I caught up to April 21st, I stopped TTing for the time being and played at the 'standard' pace. Since then, I haven't received a single bottle during any period of the day, which is why I'm a bit concerned. I even thought to check my house inventory storage - just to see if I for some reason had a bottle stored that I didn't know about which might affect it from spawning. No bottles.

I got the same problem I haven't gotten one in forever.

I was starting to question if it was just me. I haven't found a single thing online about it when I googled ACNH issues or help with problems. Moreso, if it's only some bug or issue that affects TT players, or if it's some sort of eventual mechanic that the game stops spawning them once you've 'collected enough bottles'.

Like the balloon glitch all over again; the one they had to fix because the balloons stopped showing up after a period of time?

I was starting to question if it was just me. I haven't found a single thing online about it when I googled ACNH issues or help with problems. Moreso, if it's only some bug or issue that affects TT players, or if it's some sort of eventual mechanic that the game stops spawning them once you've 'collected enough bottles'.

Like the balloon glitch all over again; the one they had to fix because the balloons stopped showing up after a period of time?
same I googled too it and found absolutely nothing about it.
for me it started happening when I was collecting some diy recipes, I got my 2 each a day (one from a villager and the other one from the bottle) and tted to the next day to get some more. one day the bottles suddenly stopped spawning.
Maybe only certain diy spawn in the bottles and we've already gotten them all? but that's not very probable, I'm missing quite a few and I got a lot just bc I bought them from someone on here in the last days. :/
Hm but would no one get any more bottles then after a few months? that seems like a weird mechanic

I haven't heard about that one but I think that even if it is a glitch it's not gonna get fixed very soon bc I see literally no one talking about so it's probably not getting reported to Nintendo either

actually, i haven't had one in a day or so, either. i don't time travel at all.

I've been getting mine every day. Sometimes, if there are a ton of shells, I have to clear them and go inside. The bottle will then spawn. Same thing happened after a meteor shower. I think there are only so many spawn sites on the beaches, so if you have them all filled, nothing else can appear until you open slots up.

Just a theory, and I have no data to back it up. :) Also, I don't TT, so I'm not sure how/if that affects it.

i stopped getting them a few days ago, thought it was because I TT’d but i ended up finding one behind my house which I moved to the beach temporarily :/

do you have any buildings on the beach? I had the same problem until I found one behind a villagers house, also they only spawn on the shore so make sure you dont have any items preventing them from spawning.

I've been getting mine every day. Sometimes, if there are a ton of shells, I have to clear them and go inside. The bottle will then spawn. Same thing happened after a meteor shower. I think there are only so many spawn sites on the beaches, so if you have them all filled, nothing else can appear until you open slots up.

Just a theory, and I have no data to back it up. :) Also, I don't TT, so I'm not sure how/if that affects it.
This is an interesting theory! I'll have to test this and see if this is a contributing factor! I would have never thought of this as being the culprit if it turns out to be true. Kudos! I literally never bother to pick up my shells. If there are a finite number of items that are allowed to appear on the beach at any given time, and a shell or other item is preventing the spawn, that would explain a lot.

do you have any buildings on the beach? I had the same problem until I found one behind a villagers house, also they only spawn on the shore so make sure you dont have any items preventing them from spawning.
I don't have any buildings on the beach currently; only coconut trees, which are lined up pretty far away from the shoreline. But I did check behind them just to be certain.

Maybe only certain diy spawn in the bottles and we've already gotten them all?
This is what I'm questioning. Do we simply get to a point where the game's code says, "These are the DIYs available in the bottles and the player has them all, don't spawn any further bottles." Some sort of if-then statement. I wish we had someone to look into it or datamine and confirm if this is actually written in.

This is what I'm questioning. Do we simply get to a point where the game's code says, "These are the DIYs available in the bottles and the player has them all, don't spawn any further bottles." Some sort of if-then statement. I wish we had someone to look into it or datamine and confirm if this is actually written in.

I've definitely gotten repeats from message bottles.

Just bumping this thread to report back that it's a new day and still no bottle spawn. I've been checking periodically throughout the day since morning and - nada. I also picked up all my shells and made sure the beaches were clear - nada.

Redd's here, thought I would randomly check the secret beach too - nada.

I've been getting mine every day and I TT forward and backwards. It's true that if you TT backwards it kind of starts a weird day where certain things change normally and certain things don't, but my bottles have never been affected by that. 🥺

It's true that if you TT backwards it kind of starts a weird day where certain things change normally and certain things don't, but my bottles have never been affected by that.
I hope that it doesn't for you! It's really awful not to receive them everyday! I'm on almost a full week without a single one and it's a real bummer not to wake up in the morning and be excited to check the beach anymore.

Just bumping this thread to report back that it's a new day and still no bottle spawn. I've been checking periodically throughout the day since morning and - nada. I also picked up all my shells and made sure the beaches were clear - nada.

Redd's here, thought I would randomly check the secret beach too - nada.
Hey the last time I posted I said I didn't find any either. Now I have them again for some reason.
I found one kinda hidden behind the rocks on the beach but I swearrrr it wasn't there before. Or I am just a blind clown.

Hey the last time I posted I said I didn't find any either. Now I have them again for some reason.
I found one kinda hidden behind the rocks on the beach but I swearrrr it wasn't there before. Or I am just a blind clown.
That's great news! I'm glad they're showing up for you again. What kind of rock was it? Maybe I have something similar on my beach I could check?

Back