• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Crytek UK working on Timesplitters 4?

AndyB

Retired Staff
Bells
Cherry (Fruit)
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/01/crytek-uk-still-shopping-around-new-timesplitters-title/
The studio formerly known as Free Radical Design may now be called Crytek UK, but that doesn't mean it has abandoned its popular TimeSplitters franchise. Managing director Karl Hilton said the developer is still shopping around that IP to publishers to see if it's something they're interested in. We've known that Crytek UK has been working on both another TimeSplitters and some sort of original FPS IP for a while now, but Hilton says the coin flip hasn't landed yet. "If [publishers are] keen for a TS game," he says, "then we'd be happy to do one. If they'd like us to develop something new then we'd do that..."
Now upon reading this I got very excited. I loved the Timesplitters games, Future Perfect and timesplitters 2 were some of the best FPS last gen, I'd happily go back and play them today. (I probably will later)
Seriously, somebody needs to pick this up and get them going with this.

And so, any of you played Timesplitters?

Squirrel with Nunchucks said:
Crytek? As in the Cryware engine Crytek? Awesome! Another attempt at making my computer spontaneously combust.
"The studio formerly known as Free Radical Design may now be called Crytek UK"...
So not quite what you're thinking, lucky to. As nobody likes exploded computers.

Back