• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

CONFIRMED amiibo pack price for UK!

I think that people are forgetting that these aren't just mere pieces of cardboard, unlike pokemon cards etc

Each card has a digital chip inside of it, so why do you think these things are going to be cheap lol? It would be nice if they were dirt cheap, but I'm not really complaining. I just hope that they have some rare cards which will lead to us being able to make some profit from selling them :) (that king nook card (if real) HAS to be a rare)

I think that people are forgetting that these aren't just mere pieces of cardboard, unlike pokemon cards etc

Each card has a digital chip inside of it, so why do you think these things are going to be cheap lol? It would be nice if they were dirt cheap, but I'm not really complaining. I just hope that they have some rare cards which will lead to us being able to make some profit from selling them :) (that king nook card (if real) HAS to be a rare)

The problem is that Japan is already selling these for so much cheaper. Things like Pok?mon cards also contain more cards per pack. Kid Icarus AR cards (with a chip inside) were around 6 for ?1.50 so it wasn't too unreasonable to expect to have 3 amiibo cards for ?3. Double the price for half the cards. But no, double that again to get a more accurate price for them right now. That's why everyone is so annoyed.

Honestly guys we should kick up a fuss about this, we can't just accept these prices, it's absolute BS.

And tbh I think people are now making this a bit too big problem. I mean yeah the cards could be cheaper and that would be nice of course but ?5 is not THAT much seriously. Double that price and I would be a bit angry too but just... no it's not that much.

And tbh I think people are now making this a bit too big problem. I mean yeah the cards could be cheaper and that would be nice of course but ?5 is not THAT much seriously. Double that price and I would be a bit angry too but just... no it's not that much.
If you take GAME.co.uk's ?4.99 per pack... It works out to be roughly ?1.66 per card.

This game is such a money grubber. A full priced game and ?5 per pack....??
The cards are optional tho. To call the game a "money grabber" is entirely the players fault.

?5 for 3 cards is too much. ?5 converts to almost 1,000 yen, which is enough for a total of 9 cards in Japan. ?5 converts to roughly $10AUD which is enough for a total of 6 cards in Australia. Yes, standalone, ?5 isn't that much, but when you take into consideration you're only getting 3 cards for ?5, and every other country can get at least twice the amount of cards for the same amount of money, yeah, it's definitely too much.

Last edited:
If you take GAME.co.uk's ?4.99 per pack... It works out to be roughly ?1.66 per card.

I know, I have studied math...

- - - Post Merge - - -

The cards are optional tho. To call the game a "money grabber" is entirely the players fault.

?5 for 3 cards is too much. ?5 converts to almost 1,000 yen, which is enough for a total of 9 cards in Japan. ?5 converts to roughly $10AUD which is enough for a total of 6 cards in Australia. Yes, standalone, ?5 isn't that much, but when you take into consideration you're only getting 3 cards for ?5, and every other country can get at least twice the amount of cards for the same amount of money, yeah, it's definitely too much.

Is it a surprise for you that things don't cost the same in every country?? If the cards are so ridiculously expensive for you then just don't buy them!

I hope people if they can just buy from the Nintendo store. Cheers Jake!

When it comes to gaming/electronics its always cost more in the UK {for the most part} compared to prices in America. So if anything the prices are reasonable {when you look at it that way}.

However while it's reasonable in that sense, I still think it's to much. It would have been nice if the UK at least got 5 cards per pack instead.

I have managed to preorder the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + NFC Reader/Writer Bundle + FREE Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Nintendo 3DS Kit along with 14 packs of the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer amiibo Cards. That gives me 42 cards to start with.

Last edited:
Overpriced cards for a trashy title, Nintendo's going the wrong way 8(

I have managed to preorder the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + NFC Reader/Writer Bundle + FREE Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Nintendo 3DS Kit along with 14 packs of the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer amiibo Cards. That gives me 42 cards to start with.

jesus burrows how much did all of that cost??

Will you still be getting two Happy Home Designer NFC reader bundles as well as that bundle with the 3DS kit? Or are you getting two bundles with the 3ds killed? Or one bundle with and one bundle without?

Either way, I'm worried about your spending habits lol.

I cannot believe I am buying 14amiibo Card Packs...

@Klave.
One NFC bundle from Nintendo Store.
One NFC bundle from ShopTo.

Last edited:
Back