• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

COLOURPOP X AC COLLAB!

Haven't bought from them before but if the series is vegan I'd definitely be interested in some of it.
As others have said I wish they went with a bit more individuality in the packaging.

We shall see what's inside tomorrow!

Preview video

Screenshots from video:

ErvSSiTXYAApWIO

IMG_6382 2.jpg

Officially announced! I'll admit, as a makeup lover and collector I am not wowed by the actual products themselves but the packaging is super cute. I will probably get the What a Hoot eyeshadow pallete, maybe a blush & the Bellionaire glitter. So exciting!!

The shades in these eyeshadow quads are reminiscent of Colourpop's existing 9-pan palettes rather than being novel or feeling inspired by Animal Crossing. At least it's still better than M.A.C taking an existing eyeshadow palette and just rebranding the packaging with a The Sims 4 carton.

Well. Kinda disappointed as well. What a hoot and nook inc palette. Whats in the white pan up top? Also one of the blushes. Want the stone cold fox palette so just gonna add these.

Well. Kinda disappointed as well. What a hoot and nook inc palette. Whats in the white pan up top? Also one of the blushes. Want the stone cold fox palette so just gonna add these.
The white pan is their super shock shadow (eyeshadow). The shade is apparently called Balloon Pop.

Product listing is as follows:

• Nook Inc. palette (green)
  • 5 Star Island palette (pink)
  • Labelle of the Ball palette (purple)
  • What a Hoot palette (brown)
  • Fruit Basket Lip Tint Duo
  • Fruit Roots Lip Tint Duo
  • Pick of the Bunch Lip Tint Duo
  • Garden Wagon Blush Set
  • Balloon Pop Super Shock Shadow
  • Bellionaire Glitterally Obsessed

Will be available on Colourpop's website on Jan. 28th, 10 a.m. PST and Ulta's Feb. 14th.

It's interesting how the shift to Cp's quads kicked off with this collection. I don't have Lilac You a Lot or Mint to Be, so I'm tempted.

the packaging is obviously adorable but I’m not impressed with the collection at all. Why on earth would they make quad palettes with a shade inside them that isn’t even technically eye safe (pressed glitters)? I don’t like the quad idea at all and the lack of actual lipstick or lipgloss is disappointing too. I was so excited about this collection until I actually saw it. I think if I bought anything it would be the orangey blush or a lip duo just to say I bought something :/

the packaging is obviously adorable but I’m not impressed with the collection at all. Why on earth would they make quad palettes with a shade inside them that isn’t even technically eye safe (pressed glitters)? I don’t like the quad idea at all and the lack of actual lipstick or lipgloss is disappointing too. I was so excited about this collection until I actually saw it. I think if I bought anything it would be the orangey blush or a lip duo just to say I bought something :/

Yeah, that’s my big issue with the palettes as well. It bothers me when there’s pressed glitters in any palette - but especially a quad. There’s only three eyesafe shadows in there now and they’ve made the prettiest shades (imo anyways) the glitter ones? Total bummer.

Especially because they’re releasing a separate, loose glitter. I don’t see why it was necessary.

I guess it’s better for me though, less of a reason to be sad about missing this launch I guess. The little lip crayons are cute, same with the SSS but I feel like the designs could rub off those quickly and then they wouldn’t be animal crossing related at all. The blushes are cute, though! If I was going to buy something it’d be a blush and probably the SSS but I don’t want to deal with shipping from the States so.

Am I the only one who spent more time looking at the tiny shovel and fishing pole rather than the products?! 😂 I would have LOVED to see some tool inspired (or just AC inspired) make up brushes for this collab. I have mixed feelings about the rest of the products. I’m not a huge fan of Colourpop’s lip products (they’re drying oftentimes) so I wouldn’t go for those. The quads are ok but I almost wish they had just gone and made it one fun palette or something. I’ll probably buy a quad to try it but I don’t see myself really creating any looks with these tbh!

Once again ColourPop is repackaging their ashy, tired formulas and slapping what's currently popular on the packaging for some quick bucks...

Water is wet.

The packaging is adorable, but I know this would be a waste of money for me. I also can't imagine that this is high quality make-up.
I already hardly wear any make-up, I don't need any cheap kids doll quality make-up just taking up space in my room lol.

heh... I was so excited for this but now I'm like... these are just regular colourpop products with the AC logos smacked on them (as some of you guessed it would be lol). The packaging is spot on but the products in themselves are really not that crazy, I may buy a blush and a palette just for the sake of being an AC fan but yeah... the glitters and the lip tints didn't even try to be original like wow.

I'm a sucker for adorable packaging like this, but What a Hoot and maybe 5 Star Island are the only palettes with colours I'd actually use (love neutral and coral shades). Not a huge fan of lip products since most of them are quite drying.

They put up the sign up link for the notification when it's released on their website! I'm not sure if I'm going to get anything.

I think they missed the perfect opportunity to add a stamp to the shades themselves (e.g.; character’s face, furniture leaf) to make the collection a bit more Animal Crossing rather than a standard product in disguise. I don’t know much about Colorpop but it’s unfortunate to hear that these are essentially regular products.

Either way, they’re bright, cheerful, and match the New Horizons vibe. I love the names and colours too. I don’t use makeup myself (although I love seeing how people use it) so I don’t plan on buying. They would be a nice add to the collection though...

it's definitely disappointing that there isn't more of an obvious AC influence into these products, and the packaging is only the regular animal crossing images and nothing new. if I did buy anything it'd be a blush or a highlighter, but more for the sake of me saying i bought part of it rather than because I genuinely love the product

Bringing this thread back because the collection dropped! I'm SO excited! I got all the items I wanted and my order can't get here soon enough! Was anyone else able to snag a couple of items? Here's what I grabbed:
Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 10.13.16 AM.png

Currently waiting in line to check out. Getting all the palettes, the flower power blush, the balloon pop shadow. And then thats taupe, stone cold fox and some lip oils lol. Please don't sell out before I get to check out.
Post automatically merged:

Noo balloon pop and 5 star island sold out on me. Darn it. Next release or I will order from Ulta.

Back