• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

childish

2 of my friends love disney and they are both 13 and it's annoying me to the core

Tbh I think acting childish or liking childish things could be linked to autism. I'm pretty much the same way. I generally like more adult things, but my personality is very similar to the way I was when I was younger. I'm a lot more mature that I used to be of course, but I'm still childish.
It's not a bad thing though. If you like MLP, then that's perfectly fine. You don't need to listen to others who might tell you not to like something because you're too old. And if you like to hang out with younger kids, then that's perfectly fine, too. There are actually quite a few people my age who like to hang out with younger kids, mostly because they still have that childlike wonder and hope for the future.

The only difference between you and me, is that I don't socialize well with people my age. I think it's mostly because I'm afraid of what they'll think of my personality; I'm known for being really quirky and awkward, and I would rather live a mystery than people know that I'm really awkward.

But anyways, don't worry about what anyone else says. Tbh I get a little bit nervous when I tell others about my interests, particularly because some of my biggest favorites are the N64 and anything Super Mario related, and in a way I feel like people would be confused by that (I've yet to meet anyone on my college campus who likes that stuff too). But I don't mind, I still go around wearing graphics shirts with things I like on them. I have a huge N64 blanket hanging on my wall. And all it takes is a bit of confidence.

Yeah, I think that's the point I'm driving at... have confidence in yourself! :blush:

- - - Post Merge - - -

the world was gonna roll me

I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Thank you ACP for starting this

hey, as a 23 year old with over 100 tsum tsums and countless other stuffed animals and dolls, i feel you. i mean, it's what makes me happy. i don't particularly care if what i enjoy is viewed as "immature". :)

I'm an 18-year-old Autistic person who has a special interest in pet sites (things like Neopets, Webkinz, etc) and plays Neopets every day. I know what it's like to think it's embarrassing to have childlike interests or not want others to judge you, but really, the only people who would judge you for that are superficial people who are not only extremely mean, but probably incredibly boring too. And trust me when I say it's really not that uncommon, plenty of people have interests that are considered "odd", you are definitely not alone in this.

Back