• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Cell Mafia II: Stuck in Testing[Mafia Win!]

toastia

seeker of truth
Bells
Switch
3154-9295-9611
Orange (Fruit)
Silver Mailbox
9FJSduS.png

TBT Cell Mini Mafia II: Stuck in Testing

Introduction:

The game size has been tweaked. This is an experimental setup, and may not be balanced!
Welcome to Cell Mafia. Why it has this name will be evident very soon.
First, the tl;dr explanation:
9 Townies, 3 Mafia, divided into 3 groups.
Only day, no nights.
Day 1: Players elect a "Mayor" who chooses the order of the groups. Mayor is elected by ##MAYOR: USERNAME.
Days 2-4: Groups are up for lynch, one at a time in the order chosen. Everyone may vote. Group is taken out of the game after the lynch.
Therefore, THREE LYLOS. First team to two wins.

Longer explanation:
There are 9 Townies and 3 Mafia players altogether. They are divided up into 3 groups, each group consisting of three Townies and a Mafioso. On day one, players will elect a Mayor who will choose the order the groups will be put up for lynch in. After this, that player will return to being a regular Townie (or Scummie).
Each day thereafter, the members of a group will be put up for lynch. Only the four people in that group can be voted for. All remaining players in the game may vote. After the lynch, the dead player will be flipped, and all five members of the group will be removed from the game.
The game ends when one team has successfully lynched two players from the other team. Otherwise, the game behaves as normal. Mafia know who each other are and have access to a QT. All players can talk in the thread.

For example:
On day one, the Mayor chooses the order of Group B -> Group C -> Group A.
Day 2, the members of group B are up for lynch. All 15 players vote and player B1 is lynched and flips green. Mafia team gets a point, and all five members of group B are removed from the game.
Day 3, the members of group C are up for lynch. All remaining 12 players vote and player D3 is lynched, flipping red. Townie team gets a point, and all five members of group D are removed.
etc...until one team reaches two points. Which means, if town mislynches day 2, Day 3 is MYLO.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

Playerlist (with filters):

Group order: C-A-B

Group A

Group B

Group C- OUT OF THE GAME

TownMafia

Rules:

Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Posting a false role PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
!!! ANYONE CAUGHT SHARING SCREENSHOTS FROM OBSERVER, PM, SCUM CHAT, ANYTHING WILL BE BANNED!!!

THIS IS A NO PM-GAME. ALL DISCUSSION MUST BE DONE IN THE THREAD.Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. The mods and admins here CAN take action.

Replacements
This game uses replacements. Replacements will be made in the game until the end of Day 2.

Time Cycle:
Each day will last for 24 hours. In case I am not able to post around deadline, any votes after the deadline will not count and the game will be put on halt until the resolution post is up. The deadline will normally be 9PM EST..

Posting:
Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question colour. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Activity:
You must post in this thread at least once per day and vote every day while you are in the game. As I cannot modkill without ruining the game setup, I will find you, and ruin your day.

Spam:
Spam is not tolerated, nor is any off-topic material. 15 one-liners in 30 minutes is unacceptable. Strategic spam, however, is allowed in small quantities.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, I will ruin your day. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything. The board software automatically merges the posts anyway.

Observers' Chat:
While spectators will be fuelling speculation, and dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia). Speculate, theorise and express bewilderment at dumb plays all you want, but remember that the chat is not leakproof and game-ruining information CAN get out.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia. Don't let things spill over to the rest of the forum, it's just a game. If you are unhappy with a player's posts, PM me first. Only if you are dissatisfied with the outcome should you involve the TBT staff.

Play to win.
That said, you should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. Clearly not playing towards your win objective will be grounds for a modkill and ban. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM your host if you need to leave the game.

You have been warned.

Voting rules:

1. This game will use Plurality Lynch. This means the player with the most votes by the deadline will be lynched. In the case of a tie, whoever received the most votes first will be lynched.
2. You must vote to lynch a player.
3. Voting is done in this thread.
4. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote: Username. Votes not done in the correct fashion may not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
5. If you want to change your vote, first type ##Unvote followed by your new vote ##Vote: Username. You can change your vote at any time and as much as you like (within reason) up until a majority is reached.
6. No conditional voting.
7. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.

Curious bystanders can PM me if they want the link to the observers' quicktopic.

Credits:
Thanks to everyone who has supported TBT Mafia so far.
Thanks to everyone who has hosted a TBT Mafia game.

If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!

Prin said:
You are a townie
Prin said:
You are a mafioso. Link to scum chat:

oath2order
Crazy_Gamer
BellGreen
FireNinja1
JellofishXD

Tina

Credits:
Thanks Karla, I stole your post.
Thanks tsundere, I wouldn't have gotten the post filters without you <3
Thanks to everyone who joined!

Last edited:
This game is set to happen after Carnival mafia. Observers will be given link when the game starts.

Last edited:
Steve, get your facts straight.

/obs because I should stick to NMM if I ever wanna play again.

Last edited:
Back