• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Caxnival Mafia: Game Thread - End Game

Ok so my first impressions on Ness/tae/farobi (I think that's relevant) are:

Townleaning Ness and Tae, I've played multiple games with both and theyre using the same play style as I can remember. When I think Ness in mafia I think always trying to push on day 1
My meta on tae is probably a little outdated, but I've got a hunch his play is genuine up to this point

As for Farobi I dont know their normal style so null

Also even though he isn't really in questioning, I'm townleaning Toad. Seems genuine enough for day 1
So I thought I'd drop my thoughts really quick, I havent iso'd any posts so I started with meta, and now to answer tae's new rqs

tell me the 3 best things about you:
I'm fun and artistic and cool
on a scale of 1-10, how strict are/were your parents?:
eh 5
which would you pick: being world-class attractive, a genius or famous for doing something great?:
World-class attractive... that can get you a lot of good jobs
if you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?:
I wish I was taller
what was your favorite toy growing up?:
hot wheels probably
what made you want to play forum mafia?:
When I first started it was when Labellefleur was playing like that era and everyone was super cool and popular on tbt, and i wanted to be part of it. I think it was like 1.5 years ago

- - - Post Merge - - -

what made you want to play forum mafia?: I saw all the cool people were playing i and I wanted to be cool too.
lol same

tell me the 3 best things about you: Ummmmmm I'm pretty non-judgmental, I like helping people and I'm polite?
on a scale of 1-10, how strict are/were your parents?: My dad probably like a 3 but he left when I was relatively young, my mom is like an 8 (some people would say a 10 but I know of stricter parents)
which would you pick: being world-class attractive, a genius or famous for doing something great?: Famous for doing something great
if you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?: I wish I wasn't so awkward
what was your favorite toy growing up?: I collected Gogos Crazybones and played with them all the time. It was great
what made you want to play forum mafia?: It looked like fun!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Rip I forgot to bold everything except the first question

Just got back. From what I interpret, Ness' defence of Farobi is a scummy move as well as Farobi using rng to pick predicted scum. Correct me if I am wrong someone please.

i read ness and vanessa (weird your names go together) as town so far, gallade as slight sus, and farobi is very null

this is very early obviously though, so don't freak the eff out. Not to mention half the people haven't even shown up

Why do you find me suspicious, if I could ask?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also apologies for the RQS. I just grabbed something so we could get the game going.

tell me the 3 best things about you: My personality, approach to people and making people laugh
on a scale of 1-10, how strict are/were your parents?: Probably a 6 or 7
which would you pick: being world-class attractive, a genius or famous for doing something great?: Famous for doing something great
if you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?: Become more focused on a set goal.
what was your favorite toy growing up?: Probably my Gameboy Advance and DS
what made you want to play forum mafia?: The amount of people playing when I first spotted it. Plus my first game was Steven Universe related and I love that show!

can someone please explain to me how the ef i defended farobi?? lmao literally my entire point was that i found tae suspicious because he told farobi to sus someone when he didn't sus anyone himself

Two scum supporting themselves this early makes no sense.

To answer tae, yes that's what I meant

I'm not doing that extra RQS right now

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll come back to gallade too

can someone please explain to me how the ef i defended farobi?? lmao literally my entire point was that i found tae suspicious because he told farobi to sus someone when he didn't sus anyone himself

I did say correct me if i am wrong, so if you please, elaborate on your actions and reasobing for susing tae

I did say correct me if i am wrong, so if you please, elaborate on your actions and reasobing for susing tae

did u...even read...the thread............i made an entire post wall about why i thought tae was suspicious and i my entire point for involving Farobi in my posts was becuase tae called him out for something he didn't even do

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?435036-Caxnival-Mafia-Game-Thread&p=7636007&viewfull=1#post7636007

i'm not even that suspicious of tae rn bc his response to me felt really genuine

- - - Post Merge - - -

ebwop: tae called him out for something tae didn't even do himself

First of all, I am glad this is a tag free game! yay Tina and second of all, hello everyone~~

I am bad at reading so much that I don't even try! But if I see something stand out I will let everyone know!!

All this bickering seems town noise. I don't think the RNG thing is made by scum, its too bold a statement! but then again what do i know!

THere are so many newer players recently(not newbies) so I have to see!!

Although I'm grasping at straws here, SensaiGallade's unsureness of what's happening in the thread is more of a scumlean than anything for the purpose that he wouldn't put in too much brainwork into analyzing the very readable posts in the thread. Reminds me of how Waffles played in FNOF mafia as scum (yes i know they not same person but this is for scum plays in general) where he felt
disconnected with town consensus because he knows the Maf team either way.

did u...even read...the thread............i made an entire post wall about why i thought tae was suspicious and i my entire point for involving Farobi in my posts was becuase tae called him out for something he didn't even do

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?435036-Caxnival-Mafia-Game-Thread&p=7636007&viewfull=1#post7636007

i'm not even that suspicious of tae rn bc his response to me felt really genuine

No I haven't had the chance to read it fully so I apologise if I missed your post.

Okay thats fair enough, tae's response does feel genuine to me, though I'm still wary of Farobi's initial action to use rng. Its a suspicious thing to do especially on the beginning of the day.

Gotta catch them sleepybois now. Here's to hoping people be pushin' pages in the thread.

Although I'm grasping at straws here, SensaiGallade's unsureness of what's happening in the thread is more of a scumlean than anything for the purpose that he wouldn't put in too much brainwork into analyzing the very readable posts in the thread. Reminds me of how Waffles played in FNOF mafia as scum (yes i know they not same person but this is for scum plays in general) where he felt
disconnected with town consensus because he knows the Maf team either way.

I just said I haven't read it fully yet so let me get to grasp of what's going on.

Gallade's push to scum sus farobi for the RNG seems opportunistic, their uneasiness to my question to all the noobs was also a little hostile. Despite me asking a perfectly fine question and contexting it with don't just say "idk lolololol", compare Vanessa's answer at the same time with Gallades... Vanessa answered like she had nothing to hide, Gallade seemed apprehensive to me like he is on edge.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gotta catch them sleepybois now. Here's to hoping people be pushin' pages in the thread.

we don't want too many though....

- - - Post Merge - - -

First of all, I am glad this is a tag free game! yay Tina and second of all, hello everyone~~

I am bad at reading so much that I don't even try! But if I see something stand out I will let everyone know!!

All this bickering seems town noise. I don't think the RNG thing is made by scum, its too bold a statement! but then again what do i know!

THere are so many newer players recently(not newbies) so I have to see!!

so you think the RNG is a scum move? what about Tae pushing Farobi? and Ness's reaction to everything too?

- - - Post Merge - - -

tell me the 3 best things about you: I'm a very considerate person irl but it doesn't translate well to mafia.... I made a fun role blocker that one time... and I also write extremely good poems

on a scale of 1-10, how strict are/were your parents?: not very, like a 3... but i was a good kid over all, so they didn't have much to be strict about

which would you pick: being world-class attractive, a genius or famous for doing something great?: Famous for doing something great. I'm all about the fame because I'm at the point in my life where I know I will have a well-enough paying job

if you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?: I'm not gonna bore you with the depression I have about myself

what was your favorite toy growing up?: anything pokemon, and nothing really changes... I was at the prime age when the original came out

what made you want to play forum mafia?: Chrys, thanks for that............

Gallade's push to scum sus farobi for the RNG seems opportunistic, their uneasiness to my question to all the noobs was also a little hostile. Despite me asking a perfectly fine question and contexting it with don't just say "idk lolololol", compare Vanessa's answer at the same time with Gallades... Vanessa answered like she had nothing to hide, Gallade seemed apprehensive to me like he is on edge.

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

so you think the RNG is a scum move? what about Tae pushing Farobi? and Ness's reaction to everything too?

I'm assuming you mean this question?

For all you relatively or straight up new people.... did any of you read other games in preparation, if so which ones? What do you know and think about mafia in the forums? anything you know about certain people going into this game?

Hey I was being honest with my answer. And if I come across as hostile then thats how I am; straightforward and to the point. I have no reason to be on edge.

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm assuming you mean this question?

For all you relatively or straight up new people.... did any of you read other games in preparation, if so which ones? What do you know and think about mafia in the forums? anything you know about certain people going into this game?

Hey I was being honest with my answer. And if I come across as hostile then thats how I am; straightforward and to the point. I have no reason to be on edge.

It looks like I'm high key defending Ness but, to reiterate on what I said before, I'm still certain that three of us are town and so far inclined to townlean toads as well for his sound logic regarding us three. Oath and xCleb are null for me at the moment. Dad ever so slight suspicion.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but am I right in assuming that the null reads on myself and Oath come primarily from the fact that we've only made one post apiece? It seems a bit early to make a read like that, so I'm just trying to see where you're at with this idea.

I just woke up, and I'm getting newbie scum motivation from this post Vanessa made. I'll explain later.
I probably see the same thing you're seeing, in that she isn't necessarily forming her own opinions, but basing her opinions off of others' (in this case, mine). This isn't really alignment indicative this early on, since a lot of newbies will kind of do the same thing, regardless of alignment. If it persists, then it's definitely something to Scum-Lean Vanessa for.

Although I'm grasping at straws here, SensaiGallade's unsureness of what's happening in the thread is more of a scumlean than anything for the purpose that he wouldn't put in too much brainwork into analyzing the very readable posts in the thread. Reminds me of how Waffles played in FNOF mafia as scum (yes i know they not same person but this is for scum plays in general) where he felt disconnected with town consensus because he knows the Maf team either way.
If anything, Sensai's lack of awareness contributes as a Town-Tell for him, as scum would want to be much more aware of what's going on, so that they can try to make fewer dumb mistakes like this. Scum tends to be much more calculated in the things they say, while Town tends to make "slips" that make people think they're scum, but in reality are just simple things that don't actually mean anything.

@Toads - I asked earlier about why you found Sensai as a slight Scum-Lean, though now that things are happening, would you say that that opinion has changed at all?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I'm not going to bother with that other set of RQs so don't crucify me for it.

Anyhow we seem to have a lot of people split on me/farobi/tae atm

People who townread me/tae/farobi
Toadworty
farobi "star of the show baby"
oat2oder
Jacorb

people who seem to think there is scum in me/farobi/tae atm
xCleb
Vanessa
tae (i think idk about him)
senpaigallade

people who dunno about the three amagos
dad

from the 4 that seem to townlean the 3 of us, toads feels the most genuine and natural so i'm townleaning him atm.

Well given BOTW mafia and how Ness led that D1 lynch into a pit, yeah, I'm inclined to believe that it's town v town v town here too.

I don't particularly like oath townleaning the 3 of us, since he gave a pretty sheepish response as his reasoning behind it. His post is more of the anomaly among everything, because he provided the least amount of reasoning for joining the "these 3 are town" wagon.

Farobi is white-knighting the hell out of me, so idk. It could be a pocket but I'm still leaning towards him being town.

and Jacob kinda gave what i usually expect from him as town so i'm townleaning him too.

now then theres the people scumleaning the 3 of us:

xCleb said:
Big red flag here; Farobi makes this statement as if he's certain that Ness is innocent because of his own innocence. As Town, it's impossible to be certain about anything unless you can learn concrete information. Only Mafia can be 100% certain about these kinds of things on Day 1. I know he stated in his post after this that it wasn't a solid Town-Read; being so quick to Town-Lean is still
quite suspect, since Ness hasn't done anything to really look Town as of now.

I like how xCleb challenged Farobi here, and I look forward to see if they pursue it or not. However, there is something pressing about the other players that is giving me qualms: it seems as if Vanessa just sheepishly copied what xCleb as said.

I'm leaning towards town for tae because his posts seem genuine, but I'm honestly still slightly suspicious of Farobi and Ness. As xCleb said, if they were both town why would they be so sure that the other person was innocent? Also Farobi's number generator thing was so obviously something a scum shouldn't do that it makes me think he's trying too hard to appear as not scum. But I'm not certain of any of this, there's not quite enough information to tell.

Not sure if vanessa and cleb are compatible as scum partners, but this post...makes me feel uneasy. more or less because the pattern of speech along with how this is just a regurgitated version of what xCleb said about me and farobi, is giving me severe deja vu on how i acted in my very first scum game on this site. I'm having a hard time explaining this, so let me try to put this into perspective:

Vanessa said "i think that Farobi and Ness are suspicious", yet at the end of the paragraph goes on to say "But i'm not certain of any of this, there's not quiet enough information to tell". which is practically Vanessa both defending me and farobi to avoid suspicion as well as lowkey pushing for a potential lynch.

don't particularly like this either:

@Ness idk I just feel like you're going out of your way to defend Farobi for a very small accusation. But keep in mind anything I say could just be lack of experience talking :p

god...i really hate it when new players do this because its one of the hardest cases of WIFOM of all time. This post gives me severe flashbacks to how bianca acted as scum in her first game by saying "oh i'm new, please do not mind me". It feels as if Vanessa is using her lack of experience as an excuse for her behavior.

I hate being suspicious of a nub, but Vanessa is my strongest scumlean at the moment.

and in regards to tae and Sensaigallade...i'm really not that sure. SensaiGallade kinda feels like they just didn't have time to read the thread, so i can somewhat lean scum based on that. Tae...hasn't brought up anything new in his opinion of me and farobi so i'm not too sure about him. i do feel a bit better about tae after his response to me, as i've said before.

and, in regards to dad: he hasn't really done anything alignment indicative so far but there is one thing i wanted to ask:

Dad said:
Also I like how Vanessa took Ness so seriously right off the bat lol, seemed odd to me

did u mean to say "i like how Ness took vanessa so seriously right off the bat because i was trying to test vanessa, + vanessa didn't really seem to have taken me very seriously.

tldr most suspicious of these people atm: Vanessa, Oath2Order and kinda sensaigallade/tae but those 2 are more on the backburner.

@xcleb I was surprised you answered the first one so easily, also I answered my slight scum lean up above

@Bianca Why did you vote for Ness to be lynched?

bianca votes me every single game on day 1 (and i wish she would stop doing it because i think it is annoying), so there isn't anything to found here alignment wise.

Back