catolog badge: how do we know

EmGee

Crazy cat dad
Bells
So for each badge we get them at 20%, 50%, and 80% completeness. But how do we know if we're actually completing it? What are the criteria for items in the catalog that actually count towards completeness? Is it just items you can obtain through regular gameplay or does DLC count as well. And where the (censored) do the welcome amiibo items fit into all this?

Can we ever have a truly full catalog?

I think that the game just has a set amount of items you need to have in your catalogue to get the badge that was originally 20%, 50% and 80% of the full catalogue but now with the amiibo update it seems a little off.

What am I basing this on? Well, I had the 20% badge before the update. After the update I collected a couple of welcome amiibo items for my house and all of a sudden I had the 50% badge. I definitely have NOT collected 50% of the amiibo items + whatever amount I still needed to get 50% of the original catalogue. So the only logical conclusion is that it's just a set number of items you need in your catalogue and that the amiibo items count for this.

Last edited:
You shouldn't have to collect all the amiibo RV stuff for the catalog badge. That would be unfair of Nintendo to do this since most players don't have all the cards/figures. That would be real money for a badge. No.

I used moridb site and kept track of items I purchased. Every night I removed anything from the list I bought. Later I put items in catalogs. Made a sock/shoe catalog. Kept erasing. The gyroids can help with your total. The Easter Event was the one that gave the mayor her badge.

I do have all the in game items minus the blue argyle tank that never got release. I also have the rare paper that Nintendo has now removed from the catalogs list. The RV stuff I'm not in a hurry to get. Most of the stuff I'll never use.

Back