spare name change 🥺
Bells
Switch
3906-6285-3793
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Cake
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Ever since Eugene moved in, other than telling me that he used to flamenco dance with the person that gave him to me, he's been selling me random paintings for 7,000 or for free from time to time, and it's random if I get a fake or a genuine.
Is he in cahoots with Redd, or does this happen with other villagers too?

Last edited:
It happens with other villagers, actually one sold me a painting last night that turned out to be genuine :D.

Well Deirdre sold me two or three genuine paintings in one day. It's a bit weird c:

Any villager can sell you paintings at some point, fake or real. It's just a chance you'll have to take. The price can indicates if it's real (about 7k) or fake (about 1-4k), but it's never a guarantee. I bought 2k paintings which were genuine.

Last edited:
For me, 3 of them turned out to be genuine and 3 turned out to be fake.
Well, at least I get to donate to the museum when Redd ain't there.. :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

But for me, the price is always 7,000, not once the price has changed, so I can't really tell.

Beardo frequently tries to sell me paintings, but if I turn it down he gives it to me for free. So far the only painting of his I've checked was fake, but he's still nice.

Fang sold me a genuine painting though, he's such a bro.

mine are always about 3k and ive had good luck. i think it depends on your friendship level with the villager when it comes to price. today i got one off groucho that was authentic and was like 3100 some bells. and groucho is close to me becuase i needed my crankys to stay in town until i got all the zen requests. i dont mind them, just i need 3 at the time to make it happen!

in any case, the price varies i guess depending on frienship and i supose ordinance too.

Oooohhhh! I didn't know this happened! I think it's random though but pretty cool

Twice today Colton offered to sell me paintings. I had the first one, but I bought the second and it turned out to be genuine.
Agnes also offers to sell me paintings. The price varies between villager types.

Kyle always tries to sell me paintings. I bought one from him yesterday at 7,056 bells and it was genuine :D

I don't buy them most of the time, because I would rather wait then waste like 21,000 bells buying fake paintings.

7,056 is the same price Eugene sells me for!
I buy them all the time because he's my fav villager rn. And because I own villager pics and I try to stay friends with them.

Last edited:
My villagers never try to sell me paintings >_> I wish they would. I'd rather take the chance and also increase my friendships

Smugs and uchis will definitely sell, and they usually sell me fakes. The uchis are gleeful about it, and the smugs were acting like it was sooo valuable to them. Crankies are the best. They will tell you where they got it (from a crazy fox by the train station) and that they don't know if it's real or fake. I can appreciate that.

Now that you mention crankies, I remember Kabuki giving me a painting. He mentioned a red fox by the train station sell it to him or something, which is obviously Redd. But that was the only time he sold me a painting, it's usually Eugene.

Back