• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Audie workout clothes solution?

AquaMarie

Bells
Switch
5984-0766-6097
Winter Mittens
Has anyone tried gifting her new clothes while she's working out? I'm wondering if she'll use the new ones for workouts, or just wear them all the time.

I think she'd look nicer in something like this

EYPQk8MU4AAg8lI.jpeg

I could see if my bf is willing to try it, since she’s on his Island.

The outfit you choose suits her so well btw—the color really goes with her ears!

I'm not sure what exactly determines whether a villager "likes" the clothing you give them, but I know that when I gave Vivian a gray Labelle coat, she was happy and wore it once, but when I gave her the purple Labelle coat, she was overjoyed and wore it all the time? Maybe I gave her something in between causing her to stop using the gray one, not sure.

I think generally color and clothing category (fancy, sporty, etc) play into whether they will adopt the clothes. I could be 100% wrong, so take this with a grain of salt!!!!

I'm not sure what exactly determines whether a villager "likes" the clothing you give them, but I know that when I gave Vivian a gray Labelle coat, she was happy and wore it once, but when I gave her the purple Labelle coat, she was overjoyed and wore it all the time? Maybe I gave her something in between causing her to stop using the gray one, not sure.

I think generally color and clothing category (fancy, sporty, etc) play into whether they will adopt the clothes. I could be 100% wrong, so take this with a grain of salt!!!!

No, you're completely right on that. I just haven't seen any good list that shows the color and category preferences for the villagers yet. I wonder if anyone has found one.

Omg it would be awesome if she wore that! I love the sunglasses. I’d be curious to find out if you could change their workout outfits and rain coats/hats.

i no longer have Audie on my island so I can’t test this out on her specifically but I definitely have a few other villagers I might test this out on.

I do believe the clothes they wear when working out are set and can't be changed :/ Unfortunately, Audie's fave colors are green and white, and she likes active style clothing, so I'm sure she would wear that jacket a few times, but she would always go back to her green track jacket.
Post automatically merged:

No, you're completely right on that. I just haven't seen any good list that shows the color and category preferences for the villagers yet. I wonder if anyone has found one.

This google doc has both style preferences and color preferences for each villager! HERE

As far as I know, their workout clothes are set and never change. I’ve given them clothes while working out before and they still change into their normal workout gear before working out.

Not Audie but I gave Genji a black bulldog outfit and he actually wore it when working out instead of his default green athletic jacket. I don’t have Genji anymore so I have no idea if it resetted.

If you give her it while she is working out she will wear it instead, sadly it will reset to the default workout outfit afterwords, she will someones wear the outfit around if she likes it tho.

I could see if my bf is willing to try it, since she’s on his Island.

The outfit you choose suits her so well btw—the color really goes with her ears!

I can definitely understand if he's not willing to. I'm scared she'll just wear it instead of her cute dress lol. Then I'll have double the workout gear. But if he does decide to try it, I'd love to hear how it goes.

And thanks, I think the orange and teal is such a pretty combo for her.

While they will change for that particular moment, their workout clothes will not change for the long run. You will just be adding more items to her non-workout wardrobe.

I gave a villager a dance jacket and he wore it when doing workouts, now I’m curious if it’s the same thing for yoga as well.

Idk if this is relevant but is there a list that shows what style each piece of clothing is??

I've been trying to change Whitney's clothes because I don't like her dress lol, I know she likes Elegant things and Blue things but how do you know if a piece of clothing is Elegant/Cool/Cute?

I gave Iggly a piece of sporty clothing of color he likes and I've never seen him wearing his default workout outfit from that moment. So maybe it is possible to change Audie's workout clothes as well

I've given villagers different outfits to work out in and they've changed what they wore, so it should work for Audie! :)

You have to give them workout clothes, to change what they wear during their workout. So giving them a random top while they're lifting wouldn't change it, but giving them a specific workout tank, or jacket etc, would change the default.

I gave Judy a workout top (I think it was called literally "Fitness Tank") in pink, and now she wears it whenever she works out or does yoga or whatever.

I've given her a few new exercise jackets and other clothing. She seems to just swap to one or the few that she likes and doesn't touch her other ones anymore

Back