Ask The Staff: Non site-related questions!

I got a curious question. Does the staff get any collectible that they want? Or do each of the staff members get a free new collectible when it comes out?
It's the latter. All new release collectibles are distributed free of charge to the staff members, and we'll occasionally give out duplicates if someone wants a whole row of something specific or a certain lineup. We typically won't give out older items by request and things like trophies or the golden egg are reserved for event winners, so it's not really a situation where staff get absolutely anything they want! We feel this is the fairest approach since we staff aren't able to sell our gifted collectibles or participate in the "collectible game" so to speak, and it's only right that the artists who create these fantastic little pixels are able to properly show them off. 😄

It's the latter. All new release collectibles are distributed free of charge to the staff members, and we'll occasionally give out duplicates if someone wants a whole row of something specific or a certain lineup. We typically won't give out older items by request and things like trophies or the golden egg are reserved for event winners, so it's not really a situation where staff get absolutely anything they want! We feel this is the fairest approach since we staff aren't able to sell our gifted collectibles or participate in the "collectible game" so to speak, and it's only right that the artists who create these fantastic little pixels are able to properly show them off. 😄
I like the idea of how it works! Makes sense actually. I bet you guys have so many now xD

Do you prefer the original Final Fantasy VII, or the remake?

Do you prefer the original Final Fantasy VII, or the remake?
Remake. I can't play the original anymore. A lot of the games I enjoyed in the 90s now give me motion sickness-type symptoms. It's much too long a game to take breaks every fifteen minutes to go and lie down on the bathroom floor.

Which do you prefer?

Reactions: 0ni
Remake. I can't play the original anymore. A lot of the games I enjoyed in the 90s now give me motion sickness-type symptoms. It's much too long a game to take breaks every fifteen minutes to go and lie down on the bathroom floor.

Which do you prefer?
That sucks, sorry you have to go through that. I hear about people getting motion sickness symptoms when playing games. like recently some folks on The Outer Worlds subreddit were saying the are dealing with it whilst playing that. I've only ever experienced whilst playing Skyrim VR at my friends house - barely lasted 5 mins lmao (but didn't help that my friend took charge of the controls and was threatening to jump me off a cliff). anyway, that's a tangent.

I just downloaded the remake today (started downloading it last night - it is now 24 hours hence and my download is complete lol). was able to play a bit (the beginning mission in the reactor) and daaaaang - the graphics were so good! I was getting a bit emotional listening to the soundtrack in those opening scenes, a real nostalgic slap in the face. Can't say i'm sold on the combat yet, I still love turn based, but I need to give it time.

Have you played other FF games? which is your favourite?

That sucks, sorry you have to go through that. I hear about people getting motion sickness symptoms when playing games. like recently some folks on The Outer Worlds subreddit were saying the are dealing with it whilst playing that. I've only ever experienced whilst playing Skyrim VR at my friends house - barely lasted 5 mins lmao (but didn't help that my friend took charge of the controls and was threatening to jump me off a cliff). anyway, that's a tangent.

I just downloaded the remake today (started downloading it last night - it is now 24 hours hence and my download is complete lol). was able to play a bit (the beginning mission in the reactor) and daaaaang - the graphics were so good! I was getting a bit emotional listening to the soundtrack in those opening scenes, a real nostalgic slap in the face. Can't say i'm sold on the combat yet, I still love turn based, but I need to give it time.

Have you played other FF games? which is your favourite?
That Skyrim VR experience sounds awful! I've avoided VR for that very reason. My friend tried to convince me to try it at a house party a year or so ago and there was absolutely no way that was going to happen after a few drinks. 😂

I personally enjoyed the overhaul to the combat. It felt very FFXV. Hope it grows on you soon!

I've played a lot of them! Final Fantasy is my favourite gaming franchise, with FFX tying with Kingdom Hearts 2 for my favourite game of all time. However, the game that has given me the most joy is FFXIV Online. Whenever a new expansion pack comes out I play through the main story quest with my Dad and we regularly team up with a guy I went to uni with for dailies.

Which is your favourite? I spotted a nod to FFX in your island name.

Reactions: 0ni
That Skyrim VR experience sounds awful! I've avoided VR for that very reason. My friend tried to convince me to try it at a house party a year or so ago and there was absolutely no way that was going to happen after a few drinks. 😂

I personally enjoyed the overhaul to the combat. It felt very FFXV. Hope it grows on you soon!

I've played a lot of them! Final Fantasy is my favourite gaming franchise, with FFX tying with Kingdom Hearts 2 for my favourite game of all time. However, the game that has given me the most joy is FFXIV Online. Whenever a new expansion pack comes out I play through the main story quest with my Dad and we regularly team up with a guy I went to uni with for dailies.

Which is your favourite? I spotted a nod to FFX in your island name.
lmao - absolutely give Skyrim VR a miss when tipsy - I played for 5 minutes, had to sit and recover for like 10... just completely bananas.

I've actually played FFVII R a bit more and the combat is more enjoyable now - I struggle with concentrating so the 'real-time' decision making gets me flustered at times, but I definitely think It'll grow on me, like you said.

I really need to play Kingdom Hearts, it's a franchise that managed to pass me by. I think i'd enjoy it, too so idk what my excuse is lol. FFX is excellent, the first time I booted that game up and experienced it, it blew my tiny mind - and the muuuuusic. Every FF soundtrack has something to offer, but dang FFX was so so good.

I've not played all the Final Fantasy games yet - still haven't touched FFXII yet for example. But from what I have played I have to say my favourites are VI, VII, and X - it's hard to choose between them. Sometimes when I mention loving FFVII people roll their eyes since it's the "obvious choice" but it was my first FF game so it's got a special lil place, y'know?

I need to try FFXIV Online - I really really want to, dunno if I can justify the subscription cost - would have to cut back somewhere else like Netflix or something. I'd also have to wrangle with my absolutely pants internet connection lol - the price of living in the middle of nowhere. Have you been playing XIV Online for a long time? Also, playing video games with your dad is the coolest thing - that's so awesome you can do that. I handed my dad a playstation controller once and he held it sideways, and wondered why his character was running around constantly looking up towards the sky. My fault for throwing him in the deep in with a first person game lol - should've started with tetris or something.

I'd choose @Oblivia so I could snuggle all of her cats.
Also going to go with @Oblivia here. I'd spend the entire day lying face down in her amazingly comfortable-looking bed while covered in a blanket of cats.
I love you guys.
what are you guys’ favorite egg collectibles?
I love the Togepi and Yoshi eggs for sentimental reasons since they were the new releases during my first egg hunt here, but I think I'm partial to the disco ball egg because I wanted one so bad and lovely Laudine waved her magic wand and made it happen after I probably pestered her about it one too many times. 😅
Ok now I want to see her blanket and her cats. 😭
Ha, you can see my bed (and Ivy) in this oldie post, but other aspects of my room have changed a bit since then!

Also,

wiMGsKK.jpg
e5UPwuy.jpg
s4lALKe.jpg

This isn't all of them but I had these photos on-hand in my imgur album.

I love you guys.

I love the Togepi and Yoshi eggs for sentimental reasons since they were the new releases during my first egg hunt here, but I think I'm partial to the disco ball egg because I wanted one so bad and lovely Laudine waved her magic wand and made it happen after I probably pestered her about it one too many times. 😅

Ha, you can see my bed (and Ivy) in this oldie post, but other aspects of my room have changed a bit since then!

Also,

wiMGsKK.jpg
e5UPwuy.jpg
s4lALKe.jpg

This isn't all of them but I had these photos on-hand in my imgur album.
Okay I love your cats, they are so adorable. What are the cats name beside Ivy's?

Also, love the bedframe, very spooky and fits the aesthetic that I wish to have in a home someday.

Have you guys ever played any Rockstar Games related titles? (Example: Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption)

Back