• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

How long does it take to empty the void? One of my villagers moved out recently and I'm scared if I do trades on that town someone might end up picking him up without wanting to.

To my knowledge, it'll clear your void if you visit a town that has ten villagers. If one is in boxes it doesn't count; I had a friend come to get Stitches from me when he was my 10th and I got one of his voided villagers the next day. If you have ten and none are moving, someone can come to you to clear their void, and vice versa.

To my knowledge, it'll clear your void if you visit a town that has ten villagers. If one is in boxes it doesn't count; I had a friend come to get Stitches from me when he was my 10th and I got one of his voided villagers the next day. If you have ten and none are moving, someone can come to you to clear their void, and vice versa.

Thank you! I have two towns and as of today both have 10 villagers, so I guess all I have to do is travel in between them. :)

If you put bells or furniture on the ground before you plot reset, will the items stop the villager from putting their plot there!
Unfortunately not, no! They'll just plop their houses right on top of them, and your items will end up at the police station if you have one. If you don't have the police station yet, your items will be gone until you do!

Unfortunately not, no! They'll just plop their houses right on top of them, and your items will end up at the police station if you have one. If you don't have the police station yet, your items will be gone until you do!

Ah okay. I was wondering if that would make plot resetting a bit easier, but it seems not. Oh well.

So very recently, Stitches got sick. This is his second day of being sick and I'm hoping to cure him as soon as possible. The reason for this is I haven't had anybody move out since a week ago, and I'm afraid that somebody will move without warning as it's getting close to that time where somebody's moving out. Because of the fact that Stitches is sick, my villagers cannot tell me about rumours on who's moving out.

My question is this -- can you get pings from villagers even when another is sick?

Can you buy house customization's from another person's town? I've never done it and was wondering if it's possible, before I go and make a thread asking people. If I can come to their town for certain customization's.

Last edited:
Can you buy house customization's from another person's town? I've never done it and was wondering if it's possible, before I go and make a thread asking people. If I can come to their town for certain customization's.
yep c: nook just says he'll have it sent to your town & then you can go back home and buy it!

So very recently, Stitches got sick. This is his second day of being sick and I'm hoping to cure him as soon as possible. The reason for this is I haven't had anybody move out since a week ago, and I'm afraid that somebody will move without warning as it's getting close to that time where somebody's moving out. Because of the fact that Stitches is sick, my villagers cannot tell me about rumours on who's moving out.

My question is this -- can you get pings from villagers even when another is sick?

They are sick for three days. Someone can ping you to move during this time, though not if it is Stitches. If he's the one picked to move, you have to just hope he's over his illness before his moving day. I've never had this kind of bad luck (moving animal being sick), but I think it's possible.

Last edited:
Here's a really stupid question. The answer might seem obvious and I probably know it, I just want to be sure. This is for anyone who has at least two copies of the game.

I'm now planning to buy a second game, a cartridge (the game I already have is digital). I plan to use it to cycle villagers and a few other stuff. I need to know, since I only have one 3DS, how am I supposed to transfer stuff from a town to the other? My only option would be to drop stuff at a friend's town, then collect it from my other game?

Last edited:
Here's a really stupid question. The answer might seem obvious and I probably know it, I just want to be sure. This is for anyone who has at least two copies of the game.

I'm now planning to buy a second game, a cartridge (the game I already have is digital). I plan to use it to cycle villagers and a few other stuff. I need to know, since I only have one 3DS, how am I supposed to transfer stuff from a town to the other? My only option would be to drop stuff at a friend's town, then collect it from my other game?

Unless you have two 3DS's on hand, that's the way you're gonna have go do it I believe. Luckily for me I can use my sister's 3DS to move stuff between my towns.

Do any of you know if there's a detailed guide on how to get really high scores on the HHA tasks?

I'm trying to unlock all of the rewards but I can't get anywhere near 300,000!

Is there anything you can do to get Gracie to visit your town? I realllllly want to upgrade to the T&T emporium (I have TIY for more than 1.5 year now). I also have spend more than 100.000 bells, but so far, Gracie never visited my town...

Last edited:
Back