Are there any sites you got banned from?

Alolan_Apples

Go Yoshis!
Yoshi's Islanders
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Perfect Apple
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
This thread is to discuss about your experiences on sites you were banned/suspended from. You can even talk about your experience in general without talking about how you were banned. Just try not to be extreme if you insult the sites even once.

I remember back in 2008 when I joined TV.com under the username turtle4apple (which is also my GameFAQs account since they're from the same network). Although my forum behavior was very bad back then (continuously going off-topic, flaming, trolling etc), TV.com was very strict. Yeah, 90% of the blame for my ban coming from me is towards myself. I was 15 the whole time I was a member. I was worse since I didn't know any better, but TV.com had strict rules. Some of my moderations came from some ridiculous rules. On that site, if even 1% of your post is off-topic, the whole post is considered off-topic, and you get modded (or TOS'ed) from it. I'm not exaggerating, it was even said in the TOS. They also moderate you for something that wasn't said in the TOS or in their FAQs about warnings, suspensions, or bans. For example, I had two moderations for talking to others who were off-topic. If you were quoting someone who was off-topic, even if you were aiming for the on-topic part, you get moderated as well. I felt like those rules are unfair since they were not stated in the TOS. Even so, you shouldn't be guilty for others' "crimes". If the ridiculous rules were taken out, TV.com would be at the appropriate level of how strict a site can be.

On my last month on TV.com, I continued to violate the rules, to purposely get me banned. I did it as a way to show how ridiculous the site's rules are and to give up my account (they didn't ask me to do so, I wad the one who did it). If it weren't for the permanent ban, I would've been worse.

How were your experiences from sites you got banned from? You can even talk about the sites you weren't banned from, but you had a friend who was, or other sites that are too strict. Just don't get offensive.

not many

i was briefly banned from PKMN a long time ago
a neopets account i made was banned after 5 mins because the name was g0dsend
i got my school banned from iscribble 3 years ago because me and friends trolled as guests

Yes. The first time I got banned was from Gaia, in January 2013. I'd only been playing for a month but apparently the first time you break a rule, you get perma'd. I posted a link to my gore Tumblr and I was banned a few hours later. The second website is one I will not be naming but I was a member there since 2006. I was active on the forums from June 2012 up until my ban in March 2013. The forums didn't really have any mods. It relied on reports. I received 51 of them. People take things too seriously and they mistake my honesty for harassment. This still continues nowadays, too. After my ban, they started cracking down on the other forum members. A few other regulars got perma'd until they just went and shut the forum down completely. After that, I moved to ACC. New Leaf's release was coming up and I felt like participating in discussions about it. 91 notifications later, throughout 2009-14, they started handing out bans. I'm not perma'd there but I certainly am never going back. The latest bans I've received were from The Bell Tree. In July, I was banned for a week. In August, I was banned until September 3rd. That's it so far.

I'm banned forever from Club Penguin because I kept accidentally typing "sec" as "sex".

Club penguin... I said the F word out of mad anger D;

i actually was so rich and a member.... so long ago... omg rockhopper.

Last edited:
I remember I was suspended for a week off gpxplus. I can't even remember what the reason was for again. I think it was me just acting like a kid. It was years ago.

My Neopets account was frozen.
I didn't use it very often, but it was several years old and had happy memories on it so I was a little sad about it. :c

The worst part is I have no idea why it was frozen. When you try to log into a frozen account, there's a message that tells you why your account was frozen. Mine just said "This account has been frozen for the following reason: " It was blank. There was no explanation.
I tried emailing the staff but never got a reply. Oh well, I guess I'll never know what happened :/

I purposely got myself banned on Fantage when I was 11/12 if that counts. Other than that, no.

I got banned from Club Penguin for swearing. A bunch of my friends and I went on to do it for fun because that was apparently the thing to do at the time, haha.

Yes. I got banned on Reddit's SteamGameSwap for 5 days because of they don't have a formal way of warning/infracting users.

TV.com wasn't the only site I was banned from. I was also banned from both Total Drama Wiki (IP ban) and the Total Drama Action forum on Cartoon Network. Both of them are for fighting, but when I read the rules, I saw how strict they really are. I really hated the swear filter for Cartoon Network's forums. They ban words such as head, hair, takes, touch, purple, money, and hate. And just like some blogs, your post has to be approved by the site staff. And Total Drama Wiki, some site staff for that wiki are not as old as I am (I was 16 when I got banned), and they were banning users for even little things. I read their block log a lot.

Back