Anyone else starting to feel the 'I want a new update' itch?

SpiritofAce

The Barista
Bells
Switch
1153-7853-1909
Island
Teacove
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
We know it's probably coming soon from the Datamines, sometime this summer... and the best guess is probably in June because
a Summer Solstice event was found in the code with the update that came with Redd.
... however, it could easily have been delayed due to the virus. It depends on how much of it they had ready at launch - I'd bet a lot of the early updates (first few months) were largely finished by launch.

But yeah, I'm starting to feel the need for that new content now.. I just want the Café and Gyroids, and I'll be happy!

I think we'll get a June update for sure. The wedding stuff was the last event in the May update, so they'll have to implement some new stuff around then to keep the ball rolling.

I don't really care what they implement tbh. I think I'll have fun no matter what it is!

I really want a big summer update with tropical fruits, diving etc. as well, but I can’t help but feel like that would be pretty unfair toward Southern Hemisphere players. Not sure how much Nintendo would take that into consideration, but it just seems a bit off to me. Then again, I’m not sure when would be a better—or fairer—time for an update like that.

I'm expecting Tortimer to return alongside Kap and his fam bc the island would be perfect for this game
Post automatically merged:

I really want a big summer update with tropical fruits, diving etc. as well, but I can’t help but feel like that would be pretty unfair toward Southern Hemisphere players. Not sure how much Nintendo would take that into consideration, but it just seems a bit off to me. Then again, I’m not sure when would be a better—or fairer—time for an update like that.
they could still give them diving equipment and stuff- maybe the fruits will be on a separate island entirely w an opposite season like tortimer's

I was feeling this way a long time ago. I want some furniture to be brought back to. The game is very limiting in how you want to design it unless you want to just go for urban setting/Japanese-esque minimalism.
Same here! All I want are some bowling pins for my bowling alley haha

My thinking was that the update was supposed to be part of the E3 Direct which obviously won't happen now, so they'll probably release it in the first few weeks of June?

Honestly, we all know that the wedding season will not satisfy the fanbase. Not everyone is interested in wedding furniture. Seeing Reese and Cyrus reduced to these roles aren't helping either.

The fans will not be satisfied until everything that was missing is back.

Reese and Cyrus should had came back to further help customize stuff. You know how each piece has different colors that you can't craft/customize? That's where they come in. Or the Nook Mile rewards like the springy horse. You want zebra instead of mustard? Go see the couple and they'll get you set up.

Reese and Cyrus should had came back to further help customize stuff. You know how each piece has different colors that you can't craft/customize? That's where they come in. Or the Nook Mile rewards like the springy horse. You want zebra instead of mustard? Go see the couple and they'll get you set up.
I would like those music boxes to come back:cry:

Honestly, we all know that the wedding season will not satisfy the fanbase. Not everyone is interested in wedding furniture. Seeing Reese and Cyrus reduced to these roles aren't helping either.

The fans will not be satisfied until everything that was missing is back.

I will still take it. It's better than the museum event we got recently.

I'm really hoping for a summer update... something like a aummer festival or fireworks (like in acnl) would be so cute! Also since Redd, Leif, Reese and Cyrus were brought back in the last update, I'm really hoping some other NPCs would be brought back in the next one!

I reckon we’ll get a big summer update in early July with a ton of new features! we just gotta stay patient c:

YES! I want it now. Especially I'm eager to see the see new shop expansion and hopefully a lot of new - and returning - furniture sets.

Yes, but I think that’s also telling me I need to brake from the game for a bit.

I'd imagine an update announcement anywhere in June, with the actual update coming in July. Personally-this is just me-but if I were a developer I'd make this update a big one to celebrate the fact lots of kids will be off school. I'd bring Kapp'n back so he can take you to some kind of other place, but I wouldn't necessarily make it the same as the summer island found in New Leaf. I get the feeling the game is very centered around the fact that our island is the only good tourist destination, and for that reason I feel like keeping Kapp'n's island the same would detract from that. But, I don't know. Maybe Kappn's island really is the only way to get tropical fruits and year-round money making schemes like sharks and beetles...I'd be a little confused if that were the case but I really wouldn't care too much.

I would also start expecting the museum shop around about now, and of course diving. Like others have said though diving and other summer things are very Northern-Hemisphere oriented. At the same time you would be able to dive year-round anyway. The cafe strikes me as more of an autumnal activity; it's getting darker earlier, it's getting colder, it would be the perfect time for Brewster to set up shop and teach you how to make hot coffee for those rainy evenings. I can't see them introducing Brewster in the summer but I can see them introducing cooking.

I honestly don't know at this point, and I'm almost past trying to guess what they'll do next. We know that Brewster is coming, we know that cooking is probably coming, we know that diving is most likely coming; I don't really mind as to 'when'. I have confidence that teh developers know what they're doing.

We know it's probably coming soon from the Datamines, sometime this summer... and the best guess is probably in June because
a Summer Solstice event was found in the code with the update that came with Redd.
... however, it could easily have been delayed due to the virus. It depends on how much of it they had ready at launch - I'd bet a lot of the early updates (first few months) were largely finished by launch.

But yeah, I'm starting to feel the need for that new content now.. I just want the Café and Gyroids, and I'll be happy!
People have already been selling the Summer Solstice crown online but not sure what the rest of the event could entail.
I think a cafe would be a perfect summer update - imagine relaxing there after a visit to the museum.
I'm also really hoping for some kind of a shop upgrade because Nook's Cranny is a bit boring. I mean the number of items is very limited to begin with and half the time, I don't even bother.

I've definitely been feeling the itch. I'm just excited about seeing something new, and I know updates will happen, but knowing that they will, is just making crave them even more.

Back