• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Anyone else have head cannons about your island/villagers?

DeltaLoraine

Alwin from Riverstone
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Tasty Cake
My island feels like a giant family and I love all of them to death!! I know some people like to switch out villagers to keep it fresh, but I don't know if I'd ever be able to give them up down the road! They mean too much to me now!

With each of their personalities and quirks, they all give off different "family member" vibes to me, so i jokingly think of them as such in my head cannon.
Rowan: is the cool older brother that's into sports, but he's totally chill and would drop anything to help you.
(He is my original jock I've had since the beginning ❤ )

Sly: is the annoying but lovable middle brother that is constantly trying to prove his athletic ability to his older brother (Jock vs Jock! lmao)

Piper: is the sassy older sister that would love to sit and braid your hair while listening to the latest hits

Eric & Melba: are the two goofy younger siblings that are always up to silly things that make everyone smile. They act like two peas in a pod!

Lucha: is that cool older cousin that would help you get away with anything (murder??) and has a complicated mysterious past

Cookie: is the sweet young mom that loves to sing as she waters her flowers and cares for everyone she meets.

Stella: is the ginger grandmother that loves all her grandchildren equally, and she has many stories to tell about her life

Octavian: is the hip grandfather that would let the kids do whatever they want and would probably make a tik tok if he could :LOL:

Leopold: The stoic newcomer to the town that is chasing a dream, but he unexpectedly falls in love with the island, so he ends up staying

Do you guys have any fun head cannons about your villagers?

Last edited:
Your villagers sound so sweet :)

The only one I have is when I had Skye on my island, I went into her house and Audie was there with her. Literally every time Skye moved, Audie would follow her with a ^_^ face on. So my headcannon is that Audie had a huge clingy crush on Skye. :p

I like to think that Kiki, Ribbot, and Diana - my closest friends from New Leaf - followed me from my town in New Leaf to my island in New Horizons.

Dobie is living out his retirement on my island.

I like to think that Kiki, Ribbot, and Diana - my closest friends from New Leaf - followed me from my town in New Leaf to my island in New Horizons.

Dobie is living out his retirement on my island.
Aww that's awesome! It feels nice to bring friends over from past islands to keep that bond. And an island is perfect place for a retirement plan :D

I like to think that Moe is Tom's little brother.
They are so cute when they hang out and talk.

EYRBZlRUYAAAyW2

EYRBZlRVAAAjI34

EYRBZlSUcAAxyGR

I like to think that Moe is Tom's little brother.
They are so cute when they hang out and talk.

EYRBZlRUYAAAyW2

EYRBZlRVAAAjI34

EYRBZlSUcAAxyGR
Yessssss villager interactions are the best!! This is exactly how I feel about Rowan and Sly, because they're both jocks and the dialogue between them is so cute it seems like a brotherly relationship.
Post automatically merged:

Wow this is amazing!! I love the idea of fleshing out an entire island history 😄Very well done!

Last edited:
I LOVE doing this. I'll share my thoughts, but some villagers may not be developed as much as others.

Yoshi: The island representative of Aurelia. He loves to wander around the island and talk to his animal residents. Yoshi has a laid back personality not always worrying about the problems. He'll acknowledge the problems existing and will do something about it, but will not let them invade his thoughts for very long.

Sterling: A jock eagle that likes to dress up as a knight. He will evaluate your muscle strength whether you are strong or not. While he may talk about muscles and working out to no end, Sterling will be a supportive eagle to help you get through. He will occasionally play around with Stitches by wearing a caterpillar costume and act like the very hungry caterpillar.

Diva: Acts like a big sister in a way. If you hurt yourself, she'll give you medicine to make you feel better. If you're feeling down and need to cry, Diva will let you cry on her shoulder. She states that we all go through challenging times but everything will be all right in the end. And it's a win-win situation too because she's a frog. She'll be hydrated by your tears and comfort you at the same time.

Stitches: A young bear cub that had the courage to move in all by himself. He loves food and bugs. And when he has food, he shares it with his bug friends. Sometimes, he'll run and pretend he's an airplane. As for Stitches parents... It's unknown where they are and if they are also stuffed bears like him.

Carrie: A kangaroo mother who doesn't know how to cook. Fortunately, an island resident will come to her rescue. Despite that, she does her very best to take care of her joey. Her joey's name is Cassie and tends to be a little shy. For Cassie, she tries to overcome her shyness by meeting other residents on my island of Aurelia. She gets along best with Stitches because they get to play around with each other.

Patty: A hyper brown cow that sounds like those stereotypical teenagers. There's more to her than her stereotypical voice, however. Because of being the next-door neighbor of Stitches, she would run over to his house if there's a sign of trouble or whenever Stitches needs help. If need be, Patty would comfort him by staying at his house for a while. She’s also a gamer and her favourite game is Super Chef RPG.

Raymond: An office cat that constantly works in his house to finish papers that seemingly never end. Raymond will also predict the stalk market and make recommendations when to sell your turnips. He occasionally takes cooking classes at Bea’s house. While you may think he drinks coffee, it's actually hot chocolate! Raymond will sometimes go on social media to update his status. However, due to overwhelming popularity with some cyberbullying involved, he started to feel worthless (I'll talk more about this at the end of my post).

Rocco: A Hippo that retired from the construction industry. His body may start to give up, but he'll occasionally lecture the island representative (Yoshi) on how to properly terraform. If it doesn't go well, Rocco will intervene and show how it's properly done. He’s pretty persnickety about the details.

Gruff: A goat that's approaching his 60's. In the past, he used to be in a band where he would either play the guitar or piano. He claims that he doesn't know how to play the drums, but he actually does. He doesn't want to admit it.

Bea: A dog that is highly skilled in cooking. Bea makes pastries and savoury food. Thanks to her skills (and that Yoshi was able to convince her to move to Aurelia), she is able to teach Carrie on how to cook delicious food such as bread, soups, pies, paella, and baked salmon. Bea would sometimes teach Raymond when he comes by to learn.

Queenie: A purple emu with an attitude. Island residents often get confused that they're being insulted with the word "chicken" when it's really her catchphrase. Queenie does not mean to offend anyone and has to constantly remind them they are not chickens.

I thought I decided to make a short story surrounding Raymond's problem. Making stories isn't my strength so apologies for some plot holes and other things that don't make sense! And if you can, provide feedback. :)

As for Raymond's issue, trying to stay on top of the social media game is starting to get to him. It didn't really help with other people getting sick to the point that they're cyberbullying him and saying that he's worthless, nothing, and just a fad. Raymond started to get depressed and tries to hide it from the island residents. It wasn’t long when Yoshi noticed that something was amiss with him. Raymond gave up hiding his problems and discussed it with him.

Yoshi: Hey Raymond. You don’t look like yourself. Is there something wrong?

Raymond: I’m getting depressed. I thought I had made an image for myself on social media and everything was looking good. Then out of nowhere, I’ve been cyberbullied left, right, and centre. Are people getting tired of me, crisp?

Yoshi: I wish I’d know Raymond, but I’m not that kind of person who goes on social media to build fame. I’m that person who just enjoys what life gives me and not worry about what others think.

Raymond: So I’m worthless then?

Yoshi: No! Not at all, Raymond! I think you’re a cool cat for what you are! Besides, those ‘friends’ you have in the social media world don’t fully know you. You helped many people save their bells from the stalk market with your predictions, you water the flowers around our island, and strike up a good conversation with your neighbor, Bea!

Raymond: That’s nice but, do the island residents here genuinely care about me?

*Diva walks by while Raymond is on the verge of bursting into tears*

Diva: Oh Yoshi! What’s the matter with Raymond, ya know?

Yoshi: Raymond feels that he’s worthless and doubts that all of us living here cares about him.

Diva: Now why would he think of that? Raymond, if you need to cry, do it on my shoulders! We’re here for you, ya know!

*Raymond falls onto Diva’s shoulders and cries. Sterling ran over to investigate*

Sterling: Yo, I heard something! I heard someone crying while I was working out my biceps, skraaaw! Is everything all right?

Yoshi: Raymond is depressed due to cyberbullying over on social media, saying that he’s worthless and all that.

Diva: And I’m here to comfort him as he thought that we don’t care about him as well.

Sterling: Whaaat? No way. If I had known about this sooner, I wouldn’t mind talking to him and giving him a big hug, skraaaw.

*Stitches also comes by to check out what’s happening*

Stitches: Why is Raymond crying? I don’t want to see him cry. It makes me sad, stuffin’.

Yoshi: Basically, Raymond was cyberbullied and questioned himself if he’s worthless.

Stitches: Oh. I don’t find Raymond worthless. I think he’s a pretty nice cat! He watered my flowers the other day and a hybrid flower bloomed! I’ll make a drawing of me and Raymond to make him feel better, stuffin’!

*Stitches runs back to his house to get started on his drawing. Meanwhile, Patty is walking by and heard Raymond crying*

Patty: Ohmygosh! Is Raymond all right, how-now?

*Yoshi, Sterling, and Diva explain to Patty. She understands the situation*

Patty: Aww, those people are huge jerks! Raymond, I’ll have you know that you are FABULOUS and don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise!

*Raymond finally stops crying and sits down on the ground, wiping his tears*

Raymond: *Sniffs* You really think so?

Patty: Of course I do! I wouldn’t mind letting you play Super Chef RPG on my Nintendo Switch! I want you to feel better, how-now.

Yoshi: I think we should go to the town plaza. I’ll gather the rest of the community to get all of us on the same page.

*Carrie, Cassie, Rocco, Gruff, Bea, and Queenie come to the town plaza. Yoshi, explains Raymond’s problem*

Carrie: Poor, little one. I don’t see a point why Raymond deserves to be cyberbullied.

Cassie: Mommy, why is Raymond sad?

Carrie: Oh little one, Raymond was bullied over the internet. It’s unfortunate how bullying still exists both physically and virtually. That’s why you should ask people for help if you’re being bullied.

Rocco: Those no good doohickeys! I may be cranky and old, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to tell anyone to end their lives, hippie!

Gruff: Disgusting. Some kids these days. They think they are on the top of the world, but their actions are horrible, bleh eh eh! Where are their parents to scold them?!?

Bea: Raymond, I don’t think you’re worthless, bingo. Far from it actually. I really appreciate that you try to grow personally by taking part in my cooking classes and learning new skills. You’re doing yourself a huge favour by cooking healthy meals for everyone!

Queenie: Chicken, while I may have moved here over a week ago, not one moment did I think of you as a cat who is useless. I’m convinced what everyone said here is true!

Raymond: Wow, I was so caught up with my fame on social media that I didn’t realize what I did for you guys. This overwhelming support… Thank you, everyone!

Yoshi: No problem, Raymond! We’re all a big family on this island. We should look out for each other so if you need to say something, let us know!

Sterling: Yeah! Your friends over at social media may not think of you being swole, but you’re swole in our hearts! And by swole, I mean you’re awesome, skraaaw!

Diva: Don’t mention it, Raymond! We’ve all been through tough times in our lives. If you need to cry again, I wouldn’t mind you doing it again on my shoulder and comforting you, ya know!

Patty: I’ll tell you again that you are FAB! Once you're all better, we could play dress up, make a sandcastle by the beach or better yet, play Super Chef RPG together, how-now!

Carrie: Raymond, I may not be that great at cooking yet, but I’ll do my best to make blueberry muffins for you, little one.

Cassie: Yay, blueberry muffins! We can share together, Raymond!

Rocco: It’s been a while since I’ve done some construction work, but consider it done that I’ll make a path spelling out, “We care and you're loved” hippie.

Gruff: I wouldn’t mind jamming out a few tunes on my electric guitar. Any song you want! No extra charge, bleh eh eh!

Bea: I know Carrie will make you something, but I’ll bake you some baked salmon and potatoes with melted butter, bingo! Raymond, please continue to attend my cooking classes. Seeking to improve your skills is one of your strong traits!

Queenie: Raymond, I wish I had more to say about you, but please remember that you’re like a family to us, chicken.

*Stitches comes running to the town plaza*

Stitches: Here you go, Raymond! Sorry that it took me some time. I thought I’d draw everyone to show we’re a big family, stuffin’!

*Stitches hands over the drawing to Raymond showing Yoshi, Sterling, Diva, Stitches, Patty, Carrie, Raymond, Rocco, Gruff, Bea, and Queenie all holding hands together*

Raymond: Wow, Stitches. I like it! I can tell you put your heart into it to make me feel better. I’ll be sure to put it on my wall when I get home, crisp. I think I know what to do next.

*Raymond deletes his social media accounts*

Raymond: Who needs followers when I got you guys! It looks like there’s more to life than to be worried all day about your status. You’re all so supportive and I wouldn’t trade you all for anything else! Let’s take a group photo, crisp!

*Raymond takes a group photo of themselves huddling together and hugging him*

I love reading this sort of stuff because the game can let you interpret things whatever you like! Me and my girlfriend play very often and share our thoughts for our respective villagers. I even drew our avatars together :D
I'm personally bad at writing in general, but I'll try:

Noelia
: Representative of Fódlandy, a literal wandering spirit possessing a body that decided to enjoy an "afterlife" on a deserted island. Loves encouraging people and has a weird but likeable personality. Her boyfriend, Reen, leaves pink flowers on her grave and then goes for a little fun with her in the island.

Bud: The big muscle of the island! He's constantly reminding everyone how strong he is, but that's part of his charm, after all. Apart from that, he lacks social skills but since he was one of the first islanders, he feels comfortable around Noelia.

Flora: One of the first tourists from a Mystery Isle that decided to spend her time on Fódlandy. Convinced by Noelia's words, she came to the island and enjoys her life running, talking to neighbors and trying to be a metal singer but failing at it, she still has fun, though... Recently, she and Rosie have a sort of friendly rivalry...

Sherb: Lazy and quite air headed but super friendly, Sherb spends most of his days by sitting on a tree, reading books and falling asleep while at it. He and Lobo created a nice friendship because of reading and share their favorite books when they visit each other.

Rosie
: When Rosie arrived to Fódlandy, she confessed that the main reason for it was that she was tired of being so popular in a previous town years ago and wanted to expand her horizons by starting from zero on a island. She's very excitable and enjoys everyone's company with Ankha being her best friend, teaching her the comings of the modern world. Has a friendly rivalry with Flora.

Lobo: Lobo is definitely not up to modern trends and refuses to change, sometimes complaining about things like technology and Rosie or Flora's latest conversation topics. His passion is reading, no matter what type of book, he loves to read. He's also quite knowledgeable with botany and helped Noelia to breed flowers of unusual colors.

Ankha: A mysterious villager that one day came to Fódlandy looking for advice to thrive in the modern society after being confined on a sarcophagus for thousands of years... Or so she claims. She loves to go to the museum to examine the bones in exhibition, finding herself quite overcome every time she visits, saying that reminds her of the old days. Rosie has been teaching her everything she knows and thus far they're best friends.

Lolly: She's very nice and polite, but has a sort of social anxiety that tries to overcome bit by bit everyday. A while ago, she had something for Apollo but she never had the opportunity to tell him before he left Fódlandy, now trying to recover from sadness, she does things that Apollo used to do in the island, like spraying a certain cocoa plant or singing to the open sea.

Rhonda: The stylish Rhonda moved from Peaches, Reen's Island, to Fódlandy after leaving by yet unknown reasons. Although she's nice, she's not very sociable and tends to enjoy being alone outside or in her house, occasionally dropping by the shopping place to buy new stuff. According to Reen, she was the opposite in Peaches and Marshal was her confident.

Benjamin: Not much is known about Benjamin, since he's new to the island. He doesn't get much outside but enjoys Noelia's company.

Ken: Recently moved to Fódlandy and enjoying his new life at it. He spends his days trying to catch bugs and fish, claiming that is all part of a training regime fitting for a life in a island. Since he has traveled to many places around the world, he knows many languages and usually mixes things while talking.

Sandy lives in a lone cabin in the woods. She runs a coffee shop out of her cabin, but doesn't actually drink coffee herself. She has a secret side hustle as a mortician (she has crafted 4 Western-style stones so far I believe?) and a dark sarcastic and manipulative side that comes out when she talks to other villagers. She has now influenced Marina to take up her side hustle as well, which I am not happy with. I often wonder whether the woods are driving her insane, or she moved into the woods because she is insane.

I built a 'farmhouse' area where Dom and Bob live. Originally I placed them there because their house exteriors match the aesthetic, but now I imagine that they both run the farm together since they always zoom around, water the flowers and fish around there haha

Some of mine are related to past games lol but yes!
I move villager out sometimes but heres what I got.

Daisy- last game I remember having her was game cube. She's done with lots of college and now living on her own far from her family. She writes lots of scientific papers at her desk. (her card was about paleontologist stuff as was her gc home)

Kiki- last game City Folk. After living near the city Kiki wanted to move someplace quite with better fish. She likes art a lot. In game Audie is her bff they always hang out. Audie is also kind of rude sometimes but Kiki is an understanding person. (They hung out and Audie just sat down and read a book. Lol) She's trying to befriend Raymond. He needs a friend and she wants to help. She also does witch craft and teaches little get togethers about it for anyone who wants.

Audie- Audie moved to a tropic island to craft her dream celeb body. She's extremely healthy. That friend who does like detox stuff and yoga and eats all her veggies? Audie. She wants to be famous as a lifestyle vlogger. Planning on moving after she accomplishes her follower goal.

Raymond- Hier to faimly estate as the oldest. Always pressured to do what his parents wanted and had no real say in anything. College was the first time he saw people having freedoms. After that getting involved in "the faimly bussiness" *cough cough* for a while and doing well his parents kept putting more pressure on him. His mental health declined further. A college friend encouraged him to leave his bad situation that he was unhappy in. Eventually he got the courage too right before a mental break down.
He's under the guise of "vacation". His faimly is starting to catch on and might disown him soon.
Now on the island he tries new things because he couldn't before. He tried painting the other day. Recently he's gardening. He isn't very good at it.
Slowly his home is being made livable with a bed ect.and he's learning about himself and how to take care of his needs. He doesn't really talk to other villagers much.

Muffy- Last town was NewLeaf
Muffy was told about her old mayor moving to the island and decided to check it out. She helps the able sisters when they get overworked part time.
Sometimes she wonders if she should return to the mainland but never brings herself to do it. She's happy but ever since her old town was given to someone else it wasn't the same but the islands not the same. Goes to Kikis classes.

Dobie- last game GameCube! He lived on my island on Gamecube!
Dobie in gamecube was a vet from the war. He wanted to go to "the great north" and magic place full of pine trees. (Card says great north lol)
After getting off the island and many mishaps he arrived here. Theres lots of pine trees and its as north as you can get so maybe this is the place? He understands the whole thing might be a fairytale but if he tries hard enough the island rep does seem pretty fairy like somedays.
His ptsd and adventuring caught up with him and he's no long laid back like before but he's wiser now. He writes mystery novels and some romantic novels and some about his travels. They said the north would be a wild place but it seems to have tamed like he has.

Lobo- Last game wild world
Spends all his time fishing. He acts calm and level headed but is really sensitive. Wanted to make a change. Number one fan of Dobies work but Dobie uses a pen name. Left for a fishing expedition. After some months returned.

Diana- last game Newleaf
Invited to come by her old mayor. Likes the island because it helps her be gentler. Hates it because there's no shopping. Still adjusting. She left for a bit to stay with a friend at the city for a month. Realized she didn't fit in there anymore and returned.

Erik- last game, Newleaf
Erik is on vacation! He's renting out the fishing cabin. He came to the island to try to grow his spirit for adventure! It didn't work. He just wants to stay inside and watch TV. He feels like a failure because of this. Lobo keeps trying to take him fishing. He thinks Diana is a MYTHICAL CREATURE. He is too shy to be her friend. Instead he plays with Muffy. She's strange but she cooks yummy food.

Dom- FLOFFY. Actually not as dumb as people act like he is. Doesn't like to work out woth Audie because she tried to film him and he's not about that. Move to the island after camping there. Has a rivalry with the wolves because he doesn't care if they are bigger than him he will fight them and win. Basically the happy go lucky rpg protagonist of my island. He wants to be a scuba instructor but sheep can't swim well enough so he's trying to find a new goal.

My island rep-
Moved out on her own in GC.
Moved a few times. Each new town was missing something. Lived in the city. Still didn't work. Tried camping. Seemed like a closer direction.
She liked being mayor but her town was disbanded after a flood. She couldn't stop it or fix it. Everyone was evacuated safely so she did her duty.
Now free of that responsibility she moved to the island. She likes she is no longer mayor. Actually she was stressed being mayor. Its Nooks job to take care of everyone now. But sometimes she forgets.
Keeps meaning to go fishing but decorates instead. Thinking of making a coven with Kiki and Muffy. She encourages Raymond to try new things. And supports Doms exercise. And gives Audie cooking supplies because why can't Audie see she would be a shoe in as the next cooking star? Lobo is her best friend sometimes she just shows up at his place and sits on his couch and reads. Dobie gives her his books and says its from his favorite author because he wants feedback before he publishes it. She and Daisy have tea and talk about fossils. Kiki helps her landscape sometimes.
Diana and her have that love your outfit, no I love your outfit vibe going.
Isabelle laughs at her for calling resident services town hall constantly. Sometimes she remembers people who passed through her town and they don't remember her well like Erik. But its okay. She was busy then too.
Some days she talks to everyone and others noone at all and it confuses them. Raymond understands her best.
Sometimes she buys a flight even though everyone knows she isn't looking for new residents so she can focus on actually just fishing and catch up with Wilbur.

Celia: She's sweet and kind and constantly worried about things
Mira: She has a rebellious side, and is a kid at heart. She and I are close, since she started out with me~
Lionel: Proud, but not in a jerk kind of way. I didn't like him at first, but he grew on me and I think I would like him to stay permanently! He's really generous and has a great sense of style!
Teddy: He acts tough but he's a big soft boy,,, He also started out with me. He and Erik are together I like to think uwu
Chief: My favorite villager of all time,,, I had him in New Leaf! anyway Chief is a bit of a loner, but he is also soft. He has an engagement ring in his house which makes me think he wants to fall in love some day... I wonder if it's me? I mean he did come to my new island....
Erik: Sleepy, and a little eccentric! He always mentions how bugs or things whisper to him... is he okay?? But he and Teddy are really cute together !!
Bluebear: She wants to be a star so badly, but she sometimes doesn't know when to stop talking!! She is a little insecure, but I hope she will get over it soon!!
Diana: Secretly admires Lionel, but covers it up with insults. She's a total tsundere and isn't afraid to show it!

I can't wait to get my last two villagers ;w; (Snooty does not count im sorry)

Back