• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Anyone Else Concerned by these Features?

It makes me a little sad that some people seem determined to absolutely hate the game because it doesn't have everything they wanted. I personally think it's a very beautiful game. As someone stated earlier in this thread, it's quite a normal thing now for companies to add updates to the game after release. As long as they aren't planning to charge us money for those updates, I see that tactic as a positive thing that will give the game a longer life for everyone (time travelers and natural players), rather than allowing people access to every feature from day one. It gives everyone something to look forward to ^-^

It makes me a little sad that some people seem determined to absolutely hate the game because it doesn't have everything they wanted. I personally think it's a very beautiful game. As someone stated earlier in this thread, it's quite a normal thing now for companies to add updates to the game after release. As long as they aren't planning to charge us money for those updates, I see that tactic as a positive thing that will give the game a longer life for everyone (time travelers and natural players), rather than allowing people access to every feature from day one. It gives everyone something to look forward to ^-^

^^^^ This exactly.

Everyone was so happy and excited about this game until they realized that there was pretty much a certain possibility that there was going to be DLC... Then people's tunes changed REAL quick.

Can I also just say that we can't have everything we want? Ideally, yeah we would like to have anything and everything, but the idea of the "perfect" game is different in everyones eyes. I think as of right now people should enjoy what we DO have and trust the process. It's not even a week into the game and we havent even seen what the holidays/main events are like.

Yeah, I think we need to start looking at the positives, instead of the negatives. I was really into the game with only minor complaints, but then I found the rant thread. I think the rant thread is what really just ruined the game for me. After reading the rant thread, I started noticing all those things. That's when I made my own post in the thread, and my focus on the negatives really spiraled out of control. I hereby declare from this point forward that I will to try to look at the positives. That rant thread is what really set me on the path to becoming one of the biggest complainers about the game on this entire site. But really, there's nobody to blame but myself. The thing is, I actually went into the game with no expectations. That's my approach to most video games so that I won't find myself disappointed, it's just that all changed when I got too into the forums and noticed everyone bringing up the bad in the game.

From here on, I will try to look at the game differently, while at the same time, keeping in touch with the reality of situation regarding some of the things that are normally there in the beginning, but are missing! I apologize to anyone who may have gotten frustrated with my posts~

Last edited:
Yeah, I think we need to start looking at the positives, instead of the negatives. I was really into the game with only minor complaints, but then I found the rant thread. I think the rant thread is what really just ruined the game for me. After reading the rant thread, I started noticing all those things. That's when I made my own post in the thread, and my focus on the negatives really spiraled out of control. I hereby declare from this point forward that I will to try to look at the positives. That rant thread is what really set me on the path to becoming one of the biggest complainers about the game on this entire site. But really, there's nobody to blame but myself. The thing is, I actually went into the game with no expectations. That's my approach to most video games so that I won't find myself disappointed, it's just that all changed when I got too into the forums and noticed everyone bringing up the bad in the game.

From here on, I will try to look at the game differently, while at the same time, keeping in touch with the reality of situation regarding some of the things that are normally there in the beginning, but are missing! I apologize to anyone who may have gotten frustrated with my posts~

<3

I mean cmon, this is the opposite of what animal crossing is all about xD

Aww you don't need to apologize! You are absolutely entitled to your own opinion. But I do think 5 days after release is simply too early to pass judgement just yet. It can be easy for people to influence each other, so don't feel guilty about that! I myself have been in awe at just how fantastic everything is so far. I had the most amazing stargazing view just now from the top of my cliffs, it was incredibly beautiful!

<3

I mean cmon, this is the opposite of what animal crossing is all about xD

I think it was because I've been spending too much time on the forums since this game came out. It seems that every other thread on this site is someone complaining about the game. :( It was just so easy for me to jump onto the bandwagon and start noticing every tiny little negative.

Last edited:
I think it was because I've been spending too much time on the forums since this game came out. It seems that every other thread on this site is someone complaining about the game.

I think since it took 7 years to come up with this game, people are let down. HOWEVER, animal crossing has always been an amazing series and im sure they wont disappoint with the updates and events :)

y’all saying the game is lacking npcs and features bc of time travellers are absolutely wild. devs said they don’t consider tt cheating as early as this week, and no way on earth would they do it just to ‘tackle time travellers’. it’s in no way beneficial to them whatsoever.

if a base game is released unfinished bc of unannounced dlc that may or may not happen, then hell yea bro that’s a problem. stop promising people dlc/updates you know nothing about just bc ur a purist that looks down on tters. you can say you’re fine with tters without throwing shade about how you disapprove of it

Exactly, as someone who used to TT all the time in NL I couldnt care less about time traveling. While I partially understand not wanting content to be datamined and spoiled for the first year, I still think its inexcusable to release the game in this state.

I'm having a blast with it and I hardly have any anxieties about it, especially since I decided to not TT this time to avoid burnout, but that doesnt mean this business model should be praised or be seen as a good example. I dont ever want to see a game pull this again, but unfortunately that's just the current trend. "Release it now, deal with putting basic content later."

lots of hoping and speculation trying to debunk any criticisms about the game. will be curious to see how well these takes age over time

totally possible to see the good and the bad. i think a lot of yall are seeing gripes with the game as personal attacks

personally like the game, but at that price i’d like a game as expansive as new leaf right off the bat

Last edited:
lots of hoping and speculation trying to debunk any criticisms about the game. will be curious to see how well these takes age over time

totally possible to see the good and the bad. i think a lot of yall are seeing gripes with the game as personal attacks

personally like the game, but at that price i’d like a game as expansive as new leaf right off the bat

Exactly. Only time will tell how well how people's takes on why everything was cut will hold up. 100% agree with the personal attack thing, as well. On the rant thread, there were literally certain people replying to every single complaint posted as if they were trying to defend themselves from personal attacks. I think they got offended that people were having different opinions than them of the game. They can't deal with people having criticism of something they like. Like I mentioned in an earlier comment, I am just going to try to look at the positives from now on, because I've already paid $60 for a digital copy...nothing I can do about it now, but make the most of it and enjoy the game! :) That being said...I still wish people would stop acting like they know why everything was cut! Like no, we have absolutely no evidence to prove what y'all are saying about it being to stop the TTers.

Last edited:
We also have no evidence to prove that any features have been "cut" from the game until they either release all the DLC there is to be released, or they come forward saying that this is the game we're getting and there are no plans for DLC in the future.

Sure, these things aren't in the data NOW, but that could change. Here's hoping it does.

Last edited:
Exactly, as someone who used to TT all the time in NL I couldnt care less about time traveling. While I partially understand not wanting content to be datamined and spoiled for the first year, I still think its inexcusable to release the game in this state.

I'm having a blast with it and I hardly have any anxieties about it, especially since I decided to not TT this time to avoid burnout, but that doesnt mean this business model should be praised or be seen as a good example. I dont ever want to see a game pull this again, but unfortunately that's just the current trend. "Release it now, deal with putting basic content later."

Yeah, I remember back in the good ol' days when Nintendo and other game companies would release a FINISHED product on release day. Guess that's not a thing anymore for game companies.

- - - Post Merge - - -

We also have no evidence to prove that any features have been "cut" from the game until they either release all the DLC there is to be released, or they come forward saying that this is the game we're getting and there are no plans for DLC in the future.

Sure, these things aren't in the data NOW, but that could change. Here's hoping it does.

Honestly none of us know anything at this point. No need to jump ship, yet...like it was mentioned, only time will tell how everyone's takes on this whole thing are holding up! All we can do now is hope!

Last edited:
Other than the update thing, my general feelings is that I pretty much half agree with what everyone's saying in this thread:

On one hand, it's too early to tell what's in store for this game, and thus you shouldn't worry too much about whatever "cut" content there is. But on the other hand, the method in which the information is being kept from us is not good business practice, but I dont even know if I can offer an alternative that cant be accessed through datamining.

All in all, it should be understood that it's totally fine to be optimistic or cautious for this game. Literally anything can go with this. a lot of people who have criticisms on the game do very much care about it and that's why they say them, in hopes for the games to improve and be an even better experience : D

I do feel a bit bad with how heated this thread kinda became, but hopefully as things go on it'll all pull together more and the updates turn out to be enough. But until then it's a waiting game

Last edited:

didn’t pay $60 for an unfinished base game which _has_ had said features cut. if it’s lacking in features so badly that you feel as if they’re 100% going to compensate for it, then there’s a problem.

don’t want an argument, so ending it here. hope we’re chill &#55358;&#56688;

didn’t pay $60 for an unfinished base game which _has_ had said features cut. if it’s lacking in features so badly that you feel as if they’re 100% going to compensate for it, then there’s a problem.

don’t want an argument, so ending it here. hope we’re chill ��

Most big name games these days don't come fully finished with all the fun stuff on release... And yeah, it sucks, but that's just how it is these days with huge IPs. We just need to roll with it. I hate that business practice just as much as everyone else but unfortunately ranting about it isn't going to make these businesses change their minds about what they're doing.

Most big name games these days don't come fully finished with all the fun stuff on release... And yeah, it sucks, but that's just how it is these days with huge IPs. We just need to roll with it. I hate that business practice just as much as everyone else but unfortunately ranting about it isn't going to make these businesses change their minds about what they're doing.

what’s wrong with ranting about it? personally, i think it’s a good way to cope. if i was suppressing my feelings and felt
i was alone with my disappointment, i’d be feeling much worse. lurking a ranting thread isn’t a great thing to do if ur trying to avoid the vitriol tho

i honestly dont know how they've spent 8 years working on this game because woo girl.... a lot of iconic features are missed

They didn't spend 8 years on this...the same team made Splatoon and Splatoon 2. Splatoon 2 came out in 2017.

They definitely did not spend 8 years on this game.

Regardless, I'm fine with the amount of content. Some aspects are disappointing, sure, but as someone who does not time travel, I've gotten many more hours out of this game already than several other full price games. There is a lot to do in the game.

They didn't spend 8 years on this...the same team made Splatoon and Splatoon 2. Splatoon 2 came out in 2017.

I completely understand people being disappointed with the end product after having wait through that nine month delay to "perfect" the game.

Back