• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Any ways of reducing stuttering when speaking?

WAR X ILUSION

Have an awesome day! ^^
Bells
Tasty Cake
I tend to stutter a lot with my words, and it's been kinda annoying me when I try to speak to someone.
(Even a close family member.)

Are there any ways on how to reduce stuttering?
Thanks for reading!

if it is because you are stressed or anxious i think you should try to work on that idk how tho

you could try talking slower otherwise?? i dunno whenever i stutter it's because of anxiety

if it is because you are stressed or anxious i think you should try to work on that idk how tho

you could try talking slower otherwise?? i dunno whenever i stutter it's because of anxiety

I could try taking it slower. Thanks for the tip!

I stutter a lot too. I find that it helps when I think about what I want to say carefully before I say it. I also try to speak a little bit slower than usual.

I stutter a lot too. I find that it helps when I think about what I want to say carefully before I say it. I also try to speak a little bit slower than usual.

Thank you for the tip! I'm just going to speak slower, so my brain can process words!

Aww I feel you. I stutter too sometimes, I took after my mom. When this happens I usually stop, take a deep breath and try talking again slower this time.

I stutter when speaking to most people all the time... Then I can speak pretty eloquently with a select few. It has nothing to do with who I know better, either, so I don't know what the issue is. Nonetheless, I'm interested to know too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Except it has nothing to do with how fast I talk because I'm slow to start speaking and I tend to talk slower as well.

I stutter when speaking to most people all the time... Then I can speak pretty eloquently with a select few. It has nothing to do with who I know better, either, so I don't know what the issue is. Nonetheless, I'm interested to know too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Except it has nothing to do with how fast I talk because I'm slow to start speaking and I tend to talk slower as well.

Yeah, it's kinda weird for me; as if it's an off/on thing in my brain.

I actually stutter a LOT. I also forget what I'm saying often >.<

Occasionally I stutter or mispronounce things, but learning multiple languages and dropping them isn't really helping, especially since a lot of them don't use English phonemes.

Speak slowly, and calm down, and you'll find your speech becoming better and better. If it's from social anxiety, I don't know how to help since I have bad social anxiety myself.

I stutter with certain sounds and letters so I avoid them when I can. It's annoying but speaking slower hasn't helped me. I also find that if I talk in a different accent it helps me not stutter.

For example, if I say the word "remote" I will always stutter at "re" but if I talk in a (bad) British accent, I'll usually say it without the stutter. It's annoying.

lol i too have a stuttering problem because i NEVER went outside when i was a child, so my speaking abilities deteriorated, usually what i do to reduce stuttering is to repeat what im going to say hundreds of times in my head before actually saying it

I used to stutter quite a bit. I found that for me it had a lot to do with anxiety and exhaustion so once I started taking better care of myself, treating my mental problems and sleeping enough it got much better. It still happens from time to time though, and one thing that helps is to practice reading out loud at home to yourself especially if you choose something difficult like poetry (or the ultimate challenge - Dr. Seuss books). Starting really slowly at first and working up to talking at a normal pace can help. Good luck! I know how much it can suck sometimes!

Occasionally I stutter or mispronounce things, but learning multiple languages and dropping them isn't really helping, especially since a lot of them don't use English phonemes.

Speak slowly, and calm down, and you'll find your speech becoming better and better. If it's from social anxiety, I don't know how to help since I have bad social anxiety myself.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind about speaking slowly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I stutter with certain sounds and letters so I avoid them when I can. It's annoying but speaking slower hasn't helped me. I also find that if I talk in a different accent it helps me not stutter.

For example, if I say the word "remote" I will always stutter at "re" but if I talk in a (bad) British accent, I'll usually say it without the stutter. It's annoying.

I have a hard time saying, 'What'. I always stutter on the 'wh' part. It's rather annoying.

- - - Post Merge - - -

lol i too have a stuttering problem because i NEVER went outside when i was a child, so my speaking abilities deteriorated, usually what i do to reduce stuttering is to repeat what im going to say hundreds of times in my head before actually saying it

Yeah, that's what I do too. I usually wait a couple of seconds, say what I want to say in my mind, and then say it aloud.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I used to stutter quite a bit. I found that for me it had a lot to do with anxiety and exhaustion so once I started taking better care of myself, treating my mental problems and sleeping enough it got much better. It still happens from time to time though, and one thing that helps is to practice reading out loud at home to yourself especially if you choose something difficult like poetry (or the ultimate challenge - Dr. Seuss books). Starting really slowly at first and working up to talking at a normal pace can help. Good luck! I know how much it can suck sometimes!

Ah, I never thought of that! Thank you! I shall try that out sometime!

I stutter a lot and to me it feels like that I should just stop talking when I do and take a little break, then continue.

Try conversing with people more and more, you'll gradually start to feel comfortable with words and start stuttering less. :)

i rarely stutter and can speak in public very well unless i'm like having a panic attack or something. i ask people to be patient and try seeing if i can repeat certain sounds well but idk if that'd work x

Back