any VR gamers out there?

Bells
any of the psvr threads were ancient so I decided to make one.

any psvr players out there? or vr players in general?

I've recently been playing my vr more lately after ignoring it for 4 years (lol) and finally tried the vr feature for tetris effect after playing it on 2d for the longest time.

i was completely blown away by literally the first second onward of the main screen in vr. the music and visuals from the game in 2d are great as it in, but in vr I wasn't expecting it. probably one of the best game soundtracks ever too!

i have over 50 psvr compatible games currently.

I have never played a VR game before!! It looks fun and cool though! I might try one eventually but it would have to be a time to play the PS4 since my brother and father always use it! I never know much about Sony except for Project Diva. I SAW THEY HAVE MIKU VR GAMES SOOO I GUESS IF I EVER GET A VR THING MIKU IS THERE :')

i didn't play vr for so long because the first game I did no problem. the second game I tried and after i'd get motion sick. it hits you out of no where. lately I've been playing standing up and so far no problems at all. only when sitting.

sony releases psvr 2 in 2023. so wait for a sale on the first psvr if you do. black Friday sale or wait for psvr 2 to come out if it price drops then.

hatsune miku vr doesn't look that impressive if you look at gameplay. it looks pretty basic. plus look up the tracklist.... not that many songs in it. then you to buy 6 DLC songs to get the full game. i was going to get it physical from a company that does digital games in physical form until I found out they weren't including the DLC. not paying what they wanted for the physical game for a vanilla version. and I don't do digital games.

however there are some very affordable physical vr games now. and some games that have an optional vr stage in their game. for example star wars battlefront 1, borderlands 1 from the handsome collection (it's going to be in the new borderlands release coming out soon too), we happy few, ace combat. those are a few regular games that also have a free DLC vr stage from the ps store.

there's also many free vr experiences in the ps store.

you can get doom 3 vr from gamestop for under 5 bucks now. iron man is 5 bucks if I'm not mistaken as well.

I don’t own a PSVR, but I do have an Oculus Quest 2. Due to an eye condition I have to take frequent breaks. As a result I only have one game and one app.

The app is called Wander. It’s basically Google street view, but in VR. Despite the images being in 2D, looking around streets is much more immersive.

The one game I have on it is Beat Saber. I only play modded songs since the songs the game came with aren’t for me. My skills have progressed slowly, but I’ve finally reached the point where I can get good ranks on expert level songs. The only problem is I have so many songs loaded that the game often crashes in the menus. Otherwise it’s been a wonderful experience.

VR gaming is definitely the future. The technology has progressed quite a bit and there’s a lot of creative potential in the medium. The problem is it’s still rather clunky. Someone said VR in its current state is comparable to the internet in the 90s and I agree. Affordable headsets are only just now being released and the amount of games being released are sparse. In another decade or two the technology will probably catch on to a larger audience. In the meantime I’ll be enjoying what VR games are available.

I've never played a VR game before but willing to give it a shot. I'm a little concerned about motion sickness since I get that sometimes from playing games on a computer, so I never pursued getting the stuff for it. I probably won't try it until my spouse gets more interest in the equipment for it. I'm sure there are all kinds of cool stuff in the future with VR. People love immersion, whether it's books, movies, music or video games. I just hope there will always be a way to play a VR game in a non VR way though. I'm not too confident about that unless game companies are willing to make two different versions of the "same" game.

I own a Oculus Quest 2. There's a game called Zenith: The Last City which is one of my favorites.

I play Oculus quest sometimes but I haven't for a while. I haven't played many games on it but so far my favorite games have been 1. Vacation sim 2. Job sim and 3. Beat Saber

Back