• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Anime!

Looking for an anime recommendation. I used to watch more than I have the past couple years, but every now and then stumble across a decent one that I binge watch. Appreciate any and all recommendations.

Things I'm looking for:
-Good character depth/development
-Decent pace, not too long & drawn out
-Interesting plot
-Govt/corporate conspiracy/dystopian world would be a bonus
-And has to be English dubbed, I can't watch with subs unfortunately

For animes from the past ~5 years, I really liked Code Geass and Attack on Titan, if that helps at all.

Anyone else caught up with re:zero and is confused as hell
Looking for an anime recommendation. I used to watch more than I have the past couple years, but every now and then stumble across a decent one that I binge watch. Appreciate any and all recommendations.

Things I'm looking for:
-Good character depth/development
-Decent pace, not too long & drawn out
-Interesting plot
-Govt/corporate conspiracy/dystopian world would be a bonus
-And has to be English dubbed, I can't watch with subs unfortunately

For animes from the past ~5 years, I really liked Code Geass and Attack on Titan, if that helps at all.

d-dubbed... :C but dubs make everything worse from what i've seen its just not the same;o; well feel free to give these a try if you haven't seen em. Not sure if they all offer dubbed

- Shin Sekai Yori
- Zankyou no Terror
- Psycho Pass
- No.6 (so so)
- Steins;Gate
- Boku dake ga Inai Machi
- Parasyte

Last edited:
yea IDK and no one remembers her??? and Subaru is getting really annoying too - he keeps screaming

T-T I just wrote this huge ass paragraph for you and my Google crashed
i guess ppl forget about the person who gets eaten by the whale??

Last edited:
Anyone else caught up with re:zero and is confused as hell

d-dubbed... :C but dubs make everything worse from what i've seen its just not the same;o; well feel free to give these a try if you haven't seen em. Not sure if they all offer dubbed

- Shin Sekai Yori
- Zankyou no Terror
- Psycho Pass
- No.6 (so so)
- Steins;Gate
- Boku dake ga Inai Machi
- Parasyte

thanks for the rec's. i think someone recommended steins gate before so maybe i'll go check that one out. :)

yea IDK and no one remembers her??? and Subaru is getting really annoying too - he keeps screaming

Maybe the whale had the ability to remove anyone who got devoured or killed by it out of existence? I mean, just a few seconds later and the guy driving the wagon already forgot her. And I'd probably be screaming too if my best friend was forgotten in an instant like nothing happened after jumping off of a moving wagon to fight a giant 4-story killer whale, so it's kinda relatable to me. xD

Maybe the whale had the ability to remove anyone who got devoured or killed by it out of existence? I mean, just a few seconds later and the guy driving the wagon already forgot her. And I'd probably be screaming too if my best friend was forgotten in an instant like nothing happened after jumping off of a moving wagon to fight a giant 4-story killer whale, so it's kinda relatable to me. xD
yea i assumed the same with the whale - lol i'm just getting so used to rem dying xD and subaru screaming
"when your best friend gets eaten by a whale and no one remembers her" #relatable

Right now I'm watching Re: Zero, Boku no Hero, Shokugeki No Soma, and Servamp. So far I love them all! My favorite right now is Kyokai no Kanata c: amazing anime <3 And in reguards to movies go, all the ghibli movies are life! And Beyond the Boundary.

I don't think everyone forgot who she was because of the whale personally. If you recall, Otto mentioned to Subaru that "even a master swordsman died to it". If the whale had the ability to wipe the existence of anybody it kills, then he wouldn't have been able to mention that. Up to this point, the show's had a really good habit of dropping clues for continuity like that.

giphy.gif

I'm wheezing

^i've been inspired
qLEoSqI.jpg

xE5fViO.jpg

Last edited:
Back