Anime!

I haven't been watching any anime for quite a while -- is there anything anyone would recommend? (Preferably something from these genres: Psychological, Horror, or Supernatural). I'm open to other suggestions as well (like Romance, but preferably with little to no fanservice! I get tired of that)...

Anime or manga is fine by me (I usually prefer to read manga instead).

Thank you!
These are ones I remember atm:

• Shiki
  • Parasyte: the maxim
  • PSYCHO-PASS
  • Blood+ (I wouldn't bother watching the second season Blood-C it's terrible)
  • Dogs: Bullets & Carnage [manga]
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Death Parade
  • Fate/Stay Night
  • Zankyou no Terror

These don't fall under the Psychological/Horror/Supernatural category but I personally recommend watching them if you haven't!

• Steins;Gate
  • Darker than Black
  • Aldnoah.Zero
  • Garo: Honoo no Kokuin (I'm only up to around episode 4-5 but it's pretty good so far)

just started watching fairy tail &nd Natsu is bae!!!!

@Soushi
I'm actually reading Tokyo Ghoul at the moment and I do agree with you, too! The anime confused me because so many things were left out and I had no clue who the other people were and what the heck was going on. After reading the manga, it definitely made more sense.

I've watched some episodes of Corpse Party but I guess I forgot about that!;; It didn't necessarily bother me. I've seen worse graphic things, but I know what you mean ^^

I've heard of both Another and Kokoro Connect but I've never watched them. Perhaps I'll give them a try! Thank you!

@Benevoir

(Oh gosh, I should have perhaps made a list of what I've watched... I'm sorry! Sometimes I forget what I've watched/read already, but thank you so much for the suggestions!)

From your list, the only ones I haven't watched/read or heard of are:

PSYCHO-PASS (I was suggested this by a friend as well!)
Dogs: Bullets & Carnage [manga]
Garo: Hoono no Kokuin

The rest I've watched and enjoyed very much! (My avatar is Nine from Zankyou no Terror :rolleyes: )
I'll definitely keep these in mind as well! Thank you very much! :lemon:

I haven't been watching any anime for quite a while -- is there anything anyone would recommend? (Preferably something from these genres: Psychological, Horror, or Supernatural). I'm open to other suggestions as well (like Romance, but preferably with little to no fanservice! I get tired of that)...

Anime or manga is fine by me (I usually prefer to read manga instead).

Thank you!

Related to Psychological, Horror and Supernatural]

Another
Blue Exorcist (has manga series)
Gosick (not much horror but mystery)
No. 6
Serial Experiments Lain (psychological, and trippy o.o)
Tokyo ESP
Un-go
Parasyte the maxim
Hell Girl
Gargantia on the verdurous planet
Yamishibai (ugh horror short stories o.o)
Kite Liberator
Elfen Lied
Deadman Wonderland
Paranoia Agent (o.o)
Shiki
Psycho Pass
Kuro****suji
Higurashi (When they Cry)
Mirai Nikki
Kokoro Connect
Ghost Hunt (classic horror and mystery, loved it)

Heard of:
Aoi Bungaku
Denpa teki na Kanojo
Perfect Blue
Shadow Star
Gyo

Others that I recommend (mainly light hearted/romance) :
Anohana
Chihayafuru
Akame ga Kill
Silver Spoon
Noragami
Spice and Wolf
Wagnaria!
Gangsta
Seraph of the End

Last edited:
just started watching another and almost done with it. tbh its not disturbing for me at all yet people always complain about how creepy is it straight from the beginning--the horror story that's put into the anime isn't much compared to other stories and animes such as corpse party. the anime itself is alright but gets repetitive and predictable. the opening is amazing though

just started watching another and almost done with it. tbh its not disturbing for me at all yet people always complain about how creepy is it straight from the beginning--the horror story that's put into the anime isn't much compared to other stories and animes such as corpse party. the anime itself is alright but gets repetitive and predictable. the opening is amazing though

lol yea it wasnt that scary xD but there are maybe one or two scenes that gave me the chills

Last edited:
eheh i mainly watch anime sooo:

Another
No. 6
Tokyo ESP
Un-go
Parasyte the maxim
Hell Girl
Kite Liberator
Elfen Lied
Deadman Wonderland
Paranoia Agent (o.o)
Shiki
Psycho Pass

Can I ask what you like about Paranoia Agent? I've always liked some gore in my series, that has never been a problem for me, but Paranoia Agent seems to be just so, so weird...It's not like I'm unaware of the messages but, well I don't really know, maybe you can help me. I don't know if I like the series or not, maybe I'm confused about the constant switches between reality and non-reality. Should I compare this to series like Nekojiru-sou and/or Aru Tabibito no Nikki or not? Please send help, my brain is dying >-<

Can I ask what you like about Paranoia Agent? I've always liked some gore in my series, that has never been a problem for me, but Paranoia Agent seems to be just so, so weird...It's not like I'm unaware of the messages but, well I don't really know, maybe you can help me. I don't know if I like the series or not, maybe I'm confused about the constant switches between reality and non-reality. Should I compare this to series like Nekojiru-sou and/or Aru Tabibito no Nikki or not? Please send help, my brain is dying >-<

LOL you arent alone. My brain was fried. Isnt Lil Slugger (or Shounen Bat) just a figment of imagination from that Tsukiko girl? He's supposed to express Tsukiko' fear/pressure/guilt. honestly, i just dont know. Well i liked how it was just, different. Makes me think real hard about it.

Last edited:
Related to Psychological, Horror and Supernatural]

Another
No. 6
Tokyo ESP
Un-go
Parasyte the maxim
Hell Girl
Kite Liberator
Elfen Lied
Deadman Wonderland
Paranoia Agent (o.o)
Shiki
Psycho Pass
Kuro****suji
Higurashi (When they Cry)
Mirai Nikki
Kokoro Connect
Ghost Hunt (classic horror and mystery, loved it)

Heard of:
Aoi Bungaku
Denpa teki na Kanojo
Perfect Blue
Shadow Star
Gyo

Others that I recommend (mainly light hearted/romance) :
Anohana
Chihayafuru
Akame ga Kill
Silver Spoon
Noragami
Spice and Wolf
Wagnaria!
Gangsta
Seraph of the End

I just finished watching PSYCHO-PASS today and enjoyed it. I've yet to start watching Another.
From your list, I've watched/read Blue Exorcist, Gosick, Serial Experiments Lain, Tokyo ESP, Parasyte, a bit of Hell Girl, Elfen Lied, Deadman Wonderland, Paranoia Agent, Shiki, PSYCHO-PASS, Kuro****suji, Higurashi, Mirai Nikki, Anohana, Chihayafuru, Akame Ga Kill, Noragami, Spice and Wolf, and have yet to finish Seraph of the End. ^^

I will keep your recommendations in mind! Thank you very much for your suggestions, riummi!

Is spice and wolf worth continuing? I watched the first two episodes and it felt like a drag and i had no emotional connection at all with the characters. will the next episodes have the same structure as the first two eps basically??

Is spice and wolf worth continuing? I watched the first two episodes and it felt like a drag and i had no emotional connection at all with the characters. will the next episodes have the same structure as the first two eps basically??

Uhm i dont quite remember, but think it got a bit more interesting later on. Its supposed to be more laid-back so yea xD if you want more action, perhaps drop it then~ personally, i enjoyed it.

Last edited:

I enjoyed it. The ending is some **** tho

i just realized ive been updating here every day with every new anime i watch lol..

im taking a break from short animes that are 12-30 eps, so is there a mainstream/popular anime you guys can recommend thats worth watching? aside from one piece, naruto and fairy tale
i've seen over 80 animes but only like one or two of the animes on the list are considered popular, so i feel like im missing out

tumblr_nsja96v7BI1qc0rnfo1_500.png

Back