• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Animal Crossing Flowers are HUGE

EtchaSketch

(∩σᴥσ)⊃━☆゚.*
Bells
Switch
1391-9913-4610
Cherry (Fruit)
Clownfish Plush
My Melody Easter Egg
Tricolored Puppy Plush
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Tasty Cake
Just a big brain realization that I’m curious if anybody else has ever noticed, but the flowers are huge??

At first glance they seem normal, but if you take a closer look each flower is at least half the size of the resident rep’s head. The tallest of flowers also reach up to the player’s stomach! I know why nintendo does this, but it’s so funny to me how they’re so massive

Maybe it's the IRL flowers that are too small.
I want to be able to grow pansies big enough that if I whack someone on the head with one they'll be out cold.​
HAHA this is great!! Maybe irl flowers are too small? I feel like this could be that one doge meme where acnh plants are the chads and irl flowers are the little pathetic doge

Not gonna lie, the sound of little tiny flowers like Baby’s Breath would be so adorable next to the bigger flowers. It’d add some good layers and texture to your island. Now I want small flowers. 😭

Also when you think about it... the trees in Animal Crossing are rather tiny! Like the trees are just a tad taller than the island reps' head in the games... When in real life trees EASILY overshadow us all!

Lol, I never noticed it, but I guess they are! But, then again, I've never compared them to RL flowers. If I started comparing RL proportions to AC proportions I think I'd lose my mind 😂 I don't think we need any smaller flowers, though. For one thing, I think they'd be hard to see for people who don't play on with their Switch hooked up to their TV (I only play with my Lite, since my OG Switch is broken, and I never hooked that one up to me TV anyway).

I mean- I certainly wouldn't say no to more flowers! But I think the current size/proportions are just right.

I just realized this yesterday while clearing some of my extra flowers. They really are pretty big and make the trees seem small.

The scale of most items in this game is pretty funny! It works though. Smaller flowers would be hard to recognise and less useful for decorating. It's just one of the many things in this game that don't look too weird in context, until you take a good look at it. :')

The first time I realised it with flowers was when I had my character standing in some hyacinths and saw that they went up to his armpits...

It's one of the things I don't like.

I don't use tulips in this game because they are almost as big as my character.

It makes them look ugly.

There are a few things in the game that are way out of proportion.

I've always wanted sunflowers, and they'd be huge, but they're meant to be. :)

you're right 😨 and the flowers are almost the same size as the bushes too. But I personally like it like that since it helps them really cover an area and makes meadows/flower beds look more uniform. That's the reason I'm not too fold of tulips and cosmos - there's a lot of space between the three flowers and you can see the dirt underneath so it doesn't look very neat

Hahaha good point I haven’t really thought about it til you point out. I guess if its real size it would become too small in the same proportion maybe !

It's kind of funny to imagine that, when the flowers grow out of control, your island is just a jungle of flowers that needs to be cut through with a machete because they're so tall lol! 😂

Last edited:
Someone posted that their hyacinths came up to their shoulders and its true 😅 ive been meaning to spice up my farm a bit before I start adding pumpkins so I'm thinking of adding a row or two of yellow hyacinths and pretending its corn haha

very true! aha there's a lot of items in the game that aren't scaled realistically but it's cute imo 😂

Back