• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

I might get tomatoes thrown at me here but I could reasonably see some variation of radical/mog/trundle/Yoshi or tn4u/unravel/dinosaur/radical.

I have a weird worldview that radical would make sense in several wolf teams
this is what i’m thinking about
but i was adding a more active player in there as well

guess it’s time to do another iso
Post automatically merged:

no. i also hate bananas. i hate the banana color. why couldnt i be blue.

1. she/her
2. pst
3. I played a lot of games when I was a teenager (2016-2018 ish) but I wouldn't say I was ever very good. I don't remember if I played any games since 2021. I don't even think I played a game during covid tbh. The last game I observed was the most recent kingmaker, so I don't really have meta of anyone in my head because its been so long (or I never played with them before).

why

i dont get what this was responding to? zinnias comment about mafia not being online? lol just thought it was kinda weird

why x2
I think others have already said its way too early to be confident in your reads. Honestly I don't really see the purity in these posts. It's been years since I played with him but I feel thats how he just talks in general. I also don't think just because he took charge should mean too much - he is a strong player and a maf!Dolby would also be quick to lead town if he can. idk what TMI means tbh.

1) bad idea
2) yes

also i didnt feel like adding trundles quote into this post because im lazy, but idk we're reading the same person as town lol depending on how strict your definition of newbie is

tbh im trying to not rely too hard on meta because the only people i remember playing with ever is trundle and dolby and i dont remember how they actually act as town or mafia lmao. if i forgot you and we've played before im sorry im bad at remembering names
before i even start does this not look a little tmi for someone who walked into the game late 😳

sorry if this is off topic but what is iso?
isolating posts by a user

or at least i assume that’s what it is and hope i haven’t been using it wrong

ok yeah i think we both had the same person in mind, tbh i also kinda think yoshi is noob town (so far). mostly due to

The "we" I am assuming he means town in general, because unless I missed a post there was never a suspicion on Zinnia from him. So it wasn't the we between him and frosty. Idk where he got the idea that town thinks Zinnia is mafia either lol though but thats why i think hes noob town
knowing yoshi voted zinnia at the end makes me wonder but thats hindsight
To me an anxious first time wolf would likely make the opposite mistake and not use ''we''. I mean my townread on him is pretty filmsy but its only been about like 6 hours so. I just felt like in general he seemed lost and was looking to town for guidance, I mean a first time mafia could do that too I guess but they have a mafia chat. He just felt like he's hesitant in his own beliefs which is why he was okay with a no elimination or following what town's consensus is.
I see later on in the thread you threw out mog's name as a test, tbh I thought you were testing too but I thought it was the other way around and 3 afks was your test. Well in the first place I'm not sure who you considered AFK at that point in the game or you mean in general. Also out of everyone who was posting at the beginning of the game, I wouldn't consider mog one of the eager ones.

To me, its TN4U, Volt, and Dolby who were eager to post lol. I felt like they were posting on every page. Though I know you said you townread TN4U
I saw ribbit call out the first part of this quote as anti-townie. I mean their "what if mafia are the inactives" comment wasn't a good idea but this is their first game. I guess I shouldn't be extending too much grace to people because its their first game but if a more experienced player had said that, yes, that is anti-town. Their innocent until proven guilty comment made me giggle though because this is mafia.

I see why ribbit thinks it seems forced though, and this isn't really logical, but im going off of vibes and typing style and think its something a town zinnia would say. But honestly I feel like theres mafia jumping in on the Zinnia wagon. Zinnia feels like an easy target right now and no one townreads them I think. So I am just hesitant to back a Zinnia elimination at the moment.

As for my current reads....
Yoshi/Zinnia - newbie town
Frosty - probably town? idk lol i just think they look better in this spat with TN4U. Also a mafia frosty, in my opinion, would have no reason to suddenly challenge (a hypothetical town!TN4U) someone townreading them. Since its the beginning of the game imo maf!Frosty would've benefitted off a town!TN4U backing them, and challenging them mightve deterred TN4U from siding with them in the future.

if theyre both mafia and manufactured this disagreement then :cautious:

I get town vibes from volt because I do think they seem similar to their behavior in the kingmaker game, and that theyre trying to be active in the thread and have a productive day 1.

Jacob left the thread pretty early coz hes european i assume so I don't have strong thoughts about him but he and Annika I am leaning more towards town.

Sus

TN4U - I initially agreed with Trundle that they seemed like noob town, but tbh in their recent conversation with Frosty I do find myself agreeing with Frosty more so... I mean a noob town could also be careless and contradict themselves, but to me a noob mafia just blindly agreeing with whatever town is thinking of at the moment to be safe is also probable. That is why they didn't realize their contradiction in reads, because they don't seriously believe in them in the first place.

Trundle (conditional) - if TN4U flips red then I am sideyeeing trundle more. I felt like he was the first to townread TN4U and if they were together it would be a good move to at least throw his name out there as obvious town. Otherwise I didn't really like his reasoning for mog, I still don't see how mog was over eager to post.

idk who the other mafia would be im just kinda null on everyone else.

Most of the post above are mostly my thoughts before I went to work (so like 9AM PST). I wanted to have more time but I am likely working overtime now so...I wanted to get a post out there with some of my thoughts at least because I don't know if I can later tonight.
i just wonder why she’s fixated on tn4u tbh
but though i felt honored by her tr it’s still preempted that it’s not really a tr, it’s just my first game. which is wrong, but that’s ok.

does that mean all of her interactions with me she was treating me like a new player (??)
hello i just got off work...im on my phone though because im a sucker and agreed to come back later to work (until eod lmao).

@ribbit: Honestly its hard for me to read Volt sometimes. I do appreciate how they tried to clarify and respond to everyones points vs ignoring them. Idk if them or Frosty were arguing or not lol but their frustration seemes genuine. I don't think either are mafia and more likely to be town but their arguments went on over the course of a few pages lmao. I don't exactly understand why they were both arguing though but both their frustrations felt townie to me as they both desperately try to convince the other.

I don't know them as well as you do, idk if your views have changed since then.

Though after I caught up and read Trundles/Ness doubt about Volt it did make me wonder a bit more... I am personally not a confident person so I didn't see anything wrong with Volt not adamantly pushing Trundle first before wanting more information. idk if volt was towncore yet tho imo it felt like its only frosty.

@Dolby: tbh i just think their cops are useless comment was just careless rather than trying to bluesnipe. They just feel rather laidback I would say...? I'm not sure if this is their 2nd forum mafia game or theyve played more elsewhere but their behavior does remind me of what town does on epicmafia. I don't really recall them being so flippant with their controversial opinions in the kingmaker game where they were mafia. They felt a lot more cautious.

i disagreed with their zinnia sus though but now after seeing zinnia vote for ribbit lol i understand them more now.

as for an unravel wagon: tbh waffles has always been hard for me to read... i kinda agree with trundle on how their reads were pretty much general thread consensus, though I think her dipping is just normal. I always have felt like she played like that, post her reads then leave because of her timezone. Its difficult to talk to her at EOD or for a long time. Though I don't know if in previous games from years ago that she would rehash as she had done earlier

also really funny to me jacob just says ribbit and annika are town. is asked to elaborate. instead leaves the game lmao
all of these reads have a reason in advance to back out?? maybe i’m reading it wrong but that’s what it sounds like to me
well at least this time you gave her some time to respond. but i kind of feel bad because i feel like this happens to her a lot lmao...

but i felt like in past games her takes werent just the same popular opinions as everyone else. id be okay with an unravel kill today tbh bc im not comfortable with ribbit dying today.
tbhhhh i am reading these with a hint of bias because i didn’t state it but i was worried that the people who tr me was for their own benefit

“i’d be okay” though seems consistent. she’s just wishy washy about everything
i didnt think you looked bad from the spat? i didnt really have a strong opinion of you until your fight with TN4U where I felt your frustration was genuine. Then it repeated again with you and volt lmao. I'm also sort of confused how my answer will clarify how you feel towards TN4U?
this is the point that i wanted to go back on. why does she keep bringing tn4u into it? radical if you see this i’d like to know
I'm not sure I follow where the vote timings showed that unravel was safe the whole day. Within the last 2h of d1 it was rather close and neither yours nor zinnias wagons had taken off. He knew I was also leaning towards Unravel around early 5pm EST ish, and then tried to push annika to join within the last 20 mins or so. He also had no idea how Yoshi or Mog were going to vote imo.

i dont really think its weird he went from hard TR trundle d1 to maf reading trundle D2. he had night to think over it, if it happened in the same day phase sure tho then yeah. though i do agree that trundles comments were just silly and that was just his usual playfulness

who was he trying to save? knowing now i dont think its ribbit so the other wagon was zinnia, and well we know zinnia was town so.
unravel vote today?
also weird around tn4u again idk
hi mog, going off your maf!trundle idea do you think he chose unravel to pseudo bus or just as another random wagon so he could 'look good' for not being on zinnia?

ribbit was also a possible wagon imo, if its town!ribbit and maf!trundle i could instead see him joining dolbys wagon to not look bad on a zinnia wagon, unless he wanted to either distance himself from a maf!dolby...? i dont think many people had really picked up dolby's ribbit case until like the last hour of day so a maf!trundle wouldve had time to pivot to ribbit wagon.

also i dont think youre sensitive for that. if we want to encourage new people to play mafia we should be happy with their effort imo
hm
why would an experienced player check you? u were like..the only person universally TR. also i think its funny you included yourself in your possible mafia list though lol. idk if that was a slip
the trap from frosty
but also “why would an experienced player check you”?
i don’t think this is a slip at all but frosty said it was a trap so there is that
like maybe im overthinking it but like if ur town u know ur town obviously so why would you think of yourself as being possibly mafia???

i had townread frosty mostly up til that post, i mean i still kinda did even after i noticed it but her aggressive response to me feels odd (i at least feel like its more aggressive than shes been so far). i dont understand how its a trap lol, because town wouldnt call out an obvious townread person for that and givr them the benefit of the doubt...?

idk if its maf panic, or she had already suspected me so if shes town its annoying i pointed that out because shes obv town.

@Trundle do u think her replies are like more aggressive than usual? idk i really want to tr her because i didnt really have many hard townleans besides ness. its her replies that are weirder to me now.
i think you had her on a team with trundle? i can see her appealing to him here
i forgot to respond to trundle and am on my phonr so i dont feel lile pulling up his post on why no one is talking about unravel

i think i missed where ribbit claimed unravel pointed out a soft so now im just really confused why she would as mafia. like mafia has their own chat so she couldve just pointed it out there idk why she would tell town. but if shes town its very anti town of her to do so...

so like i was leaning towards her but after thinking about her softclaim comment idk anymore. why would a maf!unravel do that?

id be curious to read her old games to see if she was also a cautious player as maf or shes just as careless. idk if ppl still update that tbt wiki site lol but if i have time tonight i kinda wanna go through
wishy washy again

i dont have any major thoughts on this yet

i feel like im a bit biased rereading it now with how i feel towards her slot

the you was referring to ness

Last edited:
I might get tomatoes thrown at me here but I could reasonably see some variation of radical/mog/trundle/Yoshi or tn4u/unravel/dinosaur/radical.

I have a weird worldview that radical would make sense in several wolf teams

No tomatoes for putting Radical on your suss list. Add the more talkative player too tho please.

the trap from frosty
but also “why would an experienced player check you”?
i don’t think this is a slip at all but frosty said it was a trap so there is that

Keep in mind I don't think the 'why would an experienced player check you' was a slip. I just felt that post reeked of maf panic and trying to get started on spinning a world view where I was deepwolfing. I can be wrong and too excited since I was sussing Radical's slot, but things are matching in my head.

And for what it's worth that post was not only bait to see if someone would call me out for how strange it was, I was also trying to communicate with watcher in the off chance they tracked me and only one name bounced back. (ps It's the framer). And watcher if you didn't it may be in town's best interest to watch me tonight tho, I'm not done yet. :)

this would indicate pocket not team

Trundle wanna think of a world where I'm maf some more?

*if you didn't watch me last night

No tomatoes for putting Radical on your suss list. Add the more talkative player too tho please.

Keep in mind I don't think the 'why would an experienced player check you' was a slip. I just felt that post reeked of maf panic and trying to get started on spinning a world view where I was deepwolfing. I can be wrong and too excited since I was sussing Radical's slot, but things are matching in my head.

And for what it's worth that post was not only bait to see if someone would call me out for how strange it was, I was also trying to communicate with watcher in the off chance they tracked me and only one name bounced back. (ps It's the framer). And watcher if you didn't it may be in town's best interest to watch me tonight tho, I'm not done yet. :)

Trundle wanna think of a world where I'm maf some more?
more talkative player is still in my sights, volty i’m theorizing ab you

i think this is where i log off though for today

Hear me out on this because it does sound a bit confusing: I only put Dino on that list for the sake of attempting to include all four potential mafia members that stuck out to me the most. Out of all the other quiet users, Dino struck me as most questionable and I do believe they may have been instructed to place a vote from someone other than Damniel to avoid mod elimination.

I say Dolby is a mediator because he very much likes to get answers from everyone. It doesn't hurt to try and get every claim straightened out, and I believe that all he's trying to do is help everyone out in picking the right person to eject (and yes, that even includes the mafia members in picking who to kill).

Sorry what does the bolded part mean? Have you considered maybe he's picking all the wrong people to kill (aka trying to kill town)?
And do you agree with me that their is very likely a low chance that Dino and Ribbit are teamed based on the voting results or not? If yes who do you think of the two is more likely mafia?

Sorry what does the bolded part mean? Have you considered maybe he's picking all the wrong people to kill (aka trying to kill town)?
And do you agree with me that their is very likely a low chance that Dino and Ribbit are teamed based on the voting results or not? If yes who do you think of the two is more likely mafia?
wait what is that bolded portion of the quote? why is he townreading me if he thinks I'm doing that lmao. that's like. he thinks I'm deciding teh night kill

me quietly signaling to the mafia to kill me tonight because i have all four of them dead to rights and the imposters must be ejected, but im teh right kill for them and I must help them to.

wait what is that bolded portion of the quote? why is he townreading me if he thinks I'm doing that lmao. that's like. he thinks I'm deciding teh night kill

me quietly signaling to the mafia to kill me tonight because i have all four of them dead to rights and the imposters must be ejected, but im teh right kill for them and I must help them to.

I have read it like 5 times and I am very confused, something tells me he just used the wrong word or something but I really have no idea. I really just think TN4U wrote that wrong, not some sort of slip, but I do wanna know what he meant. 😅

I want to be allowed to edit when I sound drunk and say the same thing twice so bad.

The fact TN4U switch sides and felt scripted, from kept agreeing with trundle to oh no trundle is WW

Omg just noticed this. THANK YOU. This is literally why I see TN4U as red and I'm so relieved someone else is finally bringing it up too. Less specifically about trundle, just that he doesn't seem to be sticking with his reads from post to post.

omg frosty i finally figured out what your thought process is

bed for real this time

I have 50 thought processes so I legitimately don't know what you're referring to but excellent.
Good night!

Omg just noticed this. THANK YOU. This is literally why I see TN4U as red and I'm so relieved someone else is finally bringing it up too. Less specifically about trundle, just that he doesn't seem to be sticking with his reads from post to post.
Only reason why i brought it up because Trundle's strongest lean is TN4U he kept like going into newbies and like oh theyre town then all of a sudden they both like backout and mog/unravel's statement are sussy baka yada yada

im out, not sure if i can make it EoD as usual. Not risking changing my sleep schedule sowwy

Why is it mention as edit wth

Last edited:
Post merges count as an edit and timestamp after like 3-4+ minutes after the og post, just the mechanics of this forum unfortunately. :c

Anyway, I don't want to wake up early tomorrow today so. Dolby, I think your maf. Saying nothing more cause I want those sweet opinions but I hope town will join me on voting you out today.

I'll detail more on actual thoughts during the day but my current world view.
Town Null (aka could see them replacing one of my maf leans) Maf
Vote Count:
No elimination (2): lily2816 ShinyDungeoneer
TN4U (1): FrostyAlmonds
ribbitribbon (4): Dolby Zinnia. mogyay Dinosaur
unravel (4): Trundle annika radical6 N e s s
Zinnia. (5): unravel TN4U voltairenism ribbitribbon Yoshi155
Trundle (1): BetsySundrop

Zinnia will be eliminated with 5 votes.
I don't want extra colours but Unravel is inbetween townlean and null for me. And Betsy is on the lower end of town.

*saying nothing more right now

i have read up to page 6 of day one posts. it looks like one big sus party. anyways, here is a list of where i think everyone is in the game. i could be wrong though.

townies

ribbit
betsy
n e s s
frosty
annik
frosty

mafia

dolby
trundle
yoshi

still unsure

shiny
mog
tn4u
volt
unravel

afk

dinosaur

sorry for double post. i thought that it would merge the posts.

Dolby, I think your maf. Saying nothing more cause I want those sweet opinions but I hope town will join me on voting you out today.

😑
I feel like my brain isn't enough to keep up with everything. I can do extreme sudoku in record time, but i cant figure out if a person is sketchy or not. But - 3 different opinions from me:

Dolby town -
-lot of strong postings w/reasonings for changes d1
-ribbit wagon- to see such a hard push on someone d1, focused in on just 1 person, would be a bit too obv for maf wagon.
- on d1 - i thought dolby thought trundle was cop thus the tr on trundle when i asked about him

Dolby wolf - (mentioned some of these earlier and in d1)
- the ribbit wagon was possibly to save someone
- he said in reply to annika's (who is cop?) that trundle was cop (not direct quotes but can find if needed), why, why would you say who you thought cop was. It just outs them for no good reason. Maybe there was a reason he can explain though? I probably missed something tho. Still need to do read back. A-freaking-gain.
- not saying much about trundle's whole eod stuff. I still think I'm in crazy world on that one.

Dolby either way/null - goes back and forth. I see a good reasoning post, then i see a wtheck post. So, i dunno.

Personally - I don't like chopping strong players early in the game. But it sucks if you're in the graveyard thinking shoulda just voted em earlier.

I'd have to see a really good case though. As much as dolby has said that i just want to find him wolfy. Well, yes, if he's an imposter! But i don't want to be wrong.

World building -
I couldn't see frosty/tn4u (who frosty voted)/radical (obv)
But dolby could fit in there. I can look for connections between the possible 4 this morning. Will be slow on mobile, but I'll get there.

hmm dolby wagon is interesting, does anyone speak against it?

I need to look into it more. Not against. Not on board yet. Want to hear dolby's rxn, look back.

Back