• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

there is just so much stupid discussion going on today lmao, most of it feels like town vs town
there he is
I'm gonna go in depth and talk about how I feel about everyone closer to late tonight or tomorrow morning. But since we are looking at the vote list again. My current running theory is that maf split themselves into three camps

Camps= Zinnia (5 votes), Ribbit (4 votes), Unravel (4 votesl, Misc (4 votes)
I think it's more likely that there is two maf in one of these camps and one is left alone than the four maf are equally divided into four camps. I couls be wrong tho, and it could be 2 and 2 in 2 camps, but I REALLY doubt 3/4 maf paertenrs voted for the same person. These votes were split way too cleany. This is just my running theory. And again I'm giving my thoughts on the potential later, it's gonna be a glorious big post that no one will want to read and my brain is crying even thinking about writing it tbh. But I would really love to hear how you all think about this and potential teams you can form.
did you see where i said i’m wondering if the votes were split to ensure unravel didn’t get voted
Post automatically merged:

in all of my running theories trundle is just pro town

how much have you considered a theory where all three wagons were town and the last minute switches were just town panic and meant nothing?

how much have you considered a theory where all three wagons were town and the last minute switches were just town panic and meant nothing?
not at all

i’m not even sure where to begin if both mog and dino are town

no.

actually ok give me a few names and i’ll think about it

there he is

did you see where i said i’m wondering if the votes were split to ensure unravel didn’t get voted

in all of my running theories trundle is just pro town
I would appreciate it if you pointed to which one. I really did just skim. I did see your Dolby maf post though, but only skimmed soI want to find that one again.

Also, I kinda just lulled through the talk about Trundle SoD and I wanna go back to that one because I couldn't quite get what the camps are. But I will say the whole thing about Trundle asking for cop inspection, I genuinely thought at the time that was a poor taste in joke considering he messed up and said bus instead of frame in regards to himself. Though I do love that people took it seriously I wanna see if you all have a point there. (and tbf, I can see why Ribbit of anyone here, would question this the most considering we hounded him about bringing up PRs earlier in the game so I think it's a bad choice to maf lean him for this unless the take was just REALLY bad)

policy kill AFK.

How open would you be to sniffing out deep wolves today?

Pretty likely. I think Ribbit is town. No idea about Unravel TBH one of my nulls with mog and radical, someone I need to iso.

Ngl I do be hating how Betsy keeps saying she pushed for Trundle and not one of the other options when she only voted 2 minutes before EoD. Kinda obvious that Trundle was never going to become a valid option at that point so it’s a little odd how she supposedly wanted Trundle dead that late rather than try and save any of the others if they weren’t valid options.

Also Betsy, you said you were going to vote TN4U/Ribbit/Zinnia a few hours before EoD, so I dunno why you have said I’m fishy for pointing out you didn’t push trundle as much as you claim you have.

I would appreciate it if you pointed to which one. I really did just skim. I did see your Dolby maf post though, but only skimmed soI want to find that one again.

Also, I kinda just lulled through the talk about Trundle SoD and I wanna go back to that one because I couldn't quite get what the camps are. But I will say the whole thing about Trundle asking for cop inspection, I genuinely thought at the time that was a poor taste in joke considering he messed up and said bus instead of frame in regards to himself. Though I do love that people took it seriously I wanna see if you all have a point there. (and tbf, I can see why Ribbit of anyone here, would question this the most considering we hounded him about bringing up PRs earlier in the game so I think it's a bad choice to maf lean him for this unless the take was just REALLY bad)

Pretty likely. I think Ribbit is town. No idea about Unravel TBH one of my nulls with mog and radical, someone I need to iso.
i have woken up and as promised, i am coming for you @Dolby

this is not something i wanted to get into until tomorrow because:
1. i didn’t want to bash heads with dolby yet
2. this looks like a giant omgus. i am aware of that but it will make sense in a minute.

but if i’m going back and deciding to drop my trundle read, anyone i push today will make zero sense without delving into this. so let me start off with this:

i think my push was to take suspicion off of a mafia member who was getting eyed over way too early.

reasons for this:
-state of the game d1 was mostly focused on trundle’s early reads and pushing back on ideas that they were mafia, one worked and one didn’t
-even when i specifically said those were my early reads, i kept getting asked over and over again why and being lumped into the idea that i was on some agreement with tn4u with those being definitive. just the general reaction feels fishy
-and also in general today, against what i would think of a maf!trundle, he is picking up some steam.

if i assume one of the bws was in fact for a mafia member, that makes unravel mafia in my eyes. which means the other bws were mafia created/supported. the obvious answer here is zinnia’s was mafia jumping on it, but looking at the voters that doesn’t quite make sense.

Zinnia. (5): unravel TN4U voltairenism ribbitribbon Yoshi155

what exactly could the team be here

volt doesn’t pair well with any of these people, i think it’s obvious me and unravel aren’t a team, people (dolby) have said me and tn4u are not aligned, yoshi is a wild card and could potentially pair with anyone here, but it’s just not enough for a maf team. if zinnia’s bw was mafia propaganda i think it would be a little more obvious than this.

ty for saying this while i’m typing this

actually there were two more voters for zinnia who switched due to trundle saying her wagon looked suspicious. those are ness and mogyay

ness went to unravel but mog went to my bw. now i didn’t even care to read into that at all until frosty today wondered if that bw reeked of mafia. if it did what could even be the reason for trying to kill me off

but who started my bw in the first place at a time mog was under the radar

@Dolby i am certain you see where i am going with this.

if i or anyone for that matter started specifically pinging people to demand they think of someone as being mafia, of course they are going to be fossed. if you can think of a decent case for it it won’t look random

my theory is that trundle caught onto mog way too early and dolby’s reaction was to find someone else to focus town’s attention to. there are not nearly enough quotes i have in this for my liking but i wanted to get this out and now i will go back and find quotes ik in the back of my mind are out there to talk about this more.

i have already said why unravel’s bw resist could be that she’s just mafia and how dino’s vote was suspicious to me, in theory if the bws were v/v/v this still links the other three, which hopped onto a bw that would get less attention than the one that would succeed to look townier with low risk

and unravel staying on zinnia and mog switching makes me think maf was fine with zinnia in the first place

there’s one dolby line that i remember what the exact quote was and it looks like setup for if my bw did work or, tn4u got voted out bc ik he was getting dog piled on for awhile:

this isn’t the exact quote i’m looking for but omg there are too many dolby posts with tn4u’s name in them -__-

oh also zinnia now that i think about it, this just looks like i’m being setup hard and also! this is super tinfoil but maybe being setup so that i can’t really push back on dolby or this team because it looks like omgus

i will eat and come back to this

nvm as well you’re right yoshi only flipped when a bunch of other people did too

then those people changes their votes

revisiting this still looks like a blitz attempt

or maybe to ensure our votes would tie each other out and unravel wouldn’t die

Idk… Dolby has been lightly pocketing me all game so I’ve been keeping my distance lol, I can’t definitively say I’ll be effective at looking at him objectively. ribbit already tried and it was incredibly weak sauce

Ngl I do be hating how Betsy keeps saying she pushed for Trundle and not one of the other options when she only voted 2 minutes before EoD. Kinda obvious that Trundle was never going to become a valid option at that point so it’s a little odd how she supposedly wanted Trundle dead that late rather than try and save any of the others if they weren’t valid options.

Also Betsy, you said you were going to vote TN4U/Ribbit/Zinnia a few hours before EoD, so I dunno why you have said I’m fishy for pointing out you didn’t push trundle as much as you claim you have.
This is inaccurate. A misrepresentation.

It quite literally isn’t you never said you wanted to vote Trundle until the phase ended.

Ribbit, zinnia, tn4u could get my vote today.
Am I seeing things wrongly Betsy? You didn’t try to push back against any of those three.

This is why I’ve been ignoring all your posts lol

Two types of AFKs in this game atm:
- people who are “around” but not really contributing anything (annika, unravel)
- people who are literally making almost no posts at all (lily, Yoshi, please let me know if I’m missing anyone)

I’d be happiest to vote for the present but non-contributing players and then the actual AFKs

Dare I throw mog into the former category …

nvm as well you’re right yoshi only flipped when a bunch of other people did too

then those people changes their votes

revisiting this still looks like a blitz attempt

or maybe to ensure our votes would tie each other out and unravel wouldn’t die

Noted. Like I said, I am super null about Unravel. But the last minute panic votes had nothing to do with Unravel except Ness voting for them so 🤷‍♀️ IDK

I will thoroughly read the dolby post later and consider it but TY for linking it.
Idk… Dolby has been lightly pocketing me all game so I’ve been keeping my distance lol, I can’t definitively say I’ll be effective at looking at him objectively. ribbit already tried and it was incredibly weak sauce

I vaguely remember a post about you pointing out Dolby pockets, was that last night or this morning? So is Dolby null to you or are you leaning one way?

i dont feel comfortable saying anything yet.
im kinda confused why nobody is calling lily out. like obviously they're a noob but this is clearly anti-town behaviour

I vaguely remember a post about you pointing out Dolby pockets, was that last night or this morning? So is Dolby null to you or are you leaning one way?
I've leaned Dolby town most of the game. The only thing that strikes me as a red flag is how much his views align with mine. But that does happen in a lot of our games together.

Ness voting for them so
Ness stans me so he votes unravel. He's my #1 follower. My ride or die.

- people who are “around” but not really contributing anything (annika, unravel)
- people who are literally making almost no posts at all (lily, Yoshi, please let me know if I’m missing anyone)

I’d be happiest to vote for the present but non-contributing players and then the actual AFKs

I would say the around people are Annika, Unravel, Radical, Mog, TN4U
No posts. Lily, Dino, Yoshi (though they may be in the former category because they keep claiming to be reading the game and they are posting all over TBT), and formerly Shiny (but they are much more active today so)

get off my back. im doing the best i can without saying who i think is sus atm. im still new to the mafia games.

Oh yeah I forgot about Dino

get off my back. im doing the best i can without saying who i think is sus atm. im still new to the mafia games.
if you are town you should be saying who you think is sus. that is the point of mafia

why are u being mean ? im trying, just bc i dont trust u doesnt mean im not contributing anything

and to almond i haven't the foggiest lol

town - dolby, almond, ribbit , betsy , i liked jacob but i dont rly feel the same abt ness
maf - annika(?), yoshi/dinosaur, tn4u , trundle

well the last two will be easy isos
I would say the around people are Annika, Unravel, Radical, Mog, TN4U
No posts. Lily, Dino, Yoshi (though they may be in the former category because they keep claiming to be reading the game and they are posting all over TBT), and formerly Shiny (but they are much more active today so)
i think dino has contributed a lot more today than yesterday. i dislike her posts but that’s another story
slay queen

Back